PDA

View Full Version : Attention Sydney dwellers: Fashion parade incl. UB40 mus

Mirna777
22nd June 2005, 12:34 PM
Yep! yours truly is in charge of joint coordination of a charity fashion parade at College St, Sydney, outside St Mary's Cathedral this Saturday 25th!

It's all part of a big festival they're having, heaps of stalls, food etc those of you who like Op-shop stuff, we'll have second hand clothing - which is what we'll be modelling, yep, I'm part of that too LOL.

The charity I'm involved in is the well known St Vincent De Paul - btw you see Ali standing/walking past one of their centres in the Come out to Play vid clip - a nice coincidence :-)
They're not the one organising the whole festival, they're just having a stall and a fashion parade, which I agreed to run, and therefore have the ultimate decision as to which songs we use!! After much thought & head scratching...mind you, the organisers are only giving us 10-15 minutes, here are the three songs:

1. Kylie Minogue - Chocolate - Items: Casual/Corporate

2. Mr.Vegas - Western Girl(B15's Ju Ju Dub) - Items: Nightclub/night outings

3. UB40 - Can't help falling in love - Items: Evening wear/Formal/bridal

I was ready to contact Festival Mushroom,Virgin etc to get copyright permission when the Lady from Head Quarters informed me the Event organisers are getting the licence to cover all songs used on the day, so Thank GOD I have one less thing to do :-)

Those of you in Sydney, if you feel like dropping by, please do :-) make your way to the stage at 12:15-12:20pm,hail, rain or shine the event will go ahead as the area is covered.

For child protection reasons I'm unable to post images, cause a few of the girls modelling are under 18.

Full details:

Festival of Faith
College St, Outside St Mary's Cathedral.
Closest train station: St. James, as soon as you get out, you'll see Hyde Park & the Cathedral in the background, you can't miss it :-)

GOD Bless!!

Mirna :-)

style jc
22nd June 2005, 12:46 PM
best of luck hope it goes well and enjoy. :)

MAYBETOMORROW
22nd June 2005, 11:45 PM
I hope the weekend is a great success Mirna! :)

SummerSunShine
23rd June 2005, 12:00 AM
I,ll check it out. :)

ausiedeb
23rd June 2005, 02:12 AM
Good luck Mirna.. hope it all goes well and you raise lots of money for 'vinnies' ;)

sandyub404
23rd June 2005, 12:56 PM
SOUNDS GREAT,HOPE ALL GO'S WELL FOR YOU,CHEERS SANDY. :) :)

Mirna777
24th June 2005, 02:28 PM
WOW I dropped in and saw all these lovely messages of encouragement!!!! Thanks SOOO much
:-) WOW it's gonna be soooo much fun walking down the runway to UB40 & also music from Oracabessa!!!!
I soooo can't wait for our turn here to see the boys!! I dream of winning backstage passes...ah if only!!

GOD Bless!!

Mirna777
25th June 2005, 11:47 AM
The fashion parade I mentioned in a previous post was a hit Thank GOD, it didn't pour cats & dogs even though it looked like it might otherwise we would've had to cancel & although it rained a little about half way through, people were still watching with their umbrellas up! yes, we all know The UB boys draw crowds, even in the rain ;)
I even got a compliment from one of the organisers about my choice of music!

& Yep! It was great dancing along to Mr Vegas on stage - dancing and parading mind you LOL & parading to Can't help falling in love :-) It was so beautiful, with the wedding dress & all the formal wear & Ali going: And I...cannnnn't heeelp.... priceless!

& yes it rained on my parade but Bless! It was a good one!

MAYBETOMORROW
25th June 2005, 05:16 PM
Glad to hear the parade went well Mirna! :)