PDA

View Full Version : DVD

dlstumm5563
21st June 2005, 03:03 AM
Hey Everyone! I've just been on the BB now for about 5 days so I may have missed this discussion...but does anyone have a clue if the DVD that I've ordered through amazon.co.uk will play in my DVD player here in the USA? I just saw the video clip of Kiss & Say Goodbye! I can just see me now! Ripping down the freeway singing my lungs out! Maybe BT might be able to clear this up for me and everyone else that is on the BB from the States. :confused: Debs

Chicago UB Fan
21st June 2005, 03:24 AM
Hey there! Welcome to the BB! :)

I had the same question. From what they've said, on the DVD there's a zero on an image of the globe, which we all interpreted as "region free".

So... hopefully the DVD will play here in the states. I ordered mine off Amazon UK too (should be here this week!!!!), after Amazon US messed me over (said it was shipping the 14th, then the 20th, then the 21st, then the 22nd... I finally gave up and cancelled the order).

~Leah

jay
21st June 2005, 05:20 AM
On the Jams board HERE (http://members2.boardhost.com/ubjams/) there's a post a ways down (WYFF CD - 11th post now) where it plays in the computer but not in the DVD player. Seems that it's 0 region, but PAL format. I haven't gotten my CD/DVD yet so I don't know yet if it works, or what needs to be done to make it work. I don't understand thing about the DVD burner, but I guess I'll figure it out if I need to. Right now, I'm being impatient waiting for mine to come.

j.

robdog23
21st June 2005, 05:51 AM
I just go my DVD today. It is region 0 and PAL. It plays find on two of my dvd players, but won't play on my Sony. You might run into some problems. I have a cheap Phillips DVD Player that works great. I specifically bought it because you can change the region to whatever you want. I got mine at Target for $45. I'm able to play anything I want. Just do a web search on Phillips dvd region free. It will explain how to do it and what models it works on. Itís basically pushing a certain combination of button on the remote. Hope this helps.

Chicago UB Fan
21st June 2005, 02:22 PM
:( ack! I don't know if any of our DVD players will play this then. :(

guess I'm off to go find the manuals before my shipment arrives...

dlstumm5563
22nd June 2005, 03:21 AM
Oh crap! That totally sucks because I had to write the instructions down on a piece of paper in the Owners Manual just to play a regular DVD. I'm so in trouble on this. I just pray when mine gets here that all I have to do is put it in and hit play! But I really appreciate all the help. Looks like it's time to pull the Owners Manual out too! My copy is suppose to get here next week. :mad: Debs

Chicago UB Fan
22nd June 2005, 03:34 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Chicago UB Fan:
:( ack! I don't know if any of our DVD players will play this then. :(

guess I'm off to go find the manuals before my shipment arrives...<hr></blockquote>

Kind of bummed... got my CD and DVD in the mail today, and guess what! It won't play on any of our 3 DVD players. :(
We're in the process now of trying to convert the PAL format to NTSC. I'll let you know if it works and how we did it if it does work.

~Leah