PDA

View Full Version : BT - why wasnt the live audio used for the bonus DVD?

Burden of shame
20th June 2005, 11:03 AM
Was quite dissapointed to see that the live performances on the bonus dvd had been over dubbed by the studio versions - surely it sounded good enough live to use...so how come ?

Would have been nice to actually hear it live; it looked like a good set :)

Cheers BT

BOS

morgs
20th June 2005, 02:12 PM
I was gonna ask the same thing, was a bit dissapointed to say the least.

cheers
morgs :(

Burden of shame
20th June 2005, 04:15 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by morgs:
[b]I was gonna ask the same thing, was a bit dissapointed to say the least.

cheers
morgs :)

bt/ub40
20th June 2005, 05:44 PM
Greetings BOS thats what we wanted to do also BUT our label said we are promoting ' 'these recordings' and a live recording would have increased the budget so much so that it would become impossible to do plus the fact that we would then have to shoot extra videos for the singles....thats it really..we just wanted to give you all a little extra..of course we did'nt think that retailers would up the cost of the dvd inclusive package...sorry if you are dissapointed ..BT

Burden of shame
20th June 2005, 05:53 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by bt/ub40:
Greetings BOS thats what we wanted to do also BUT our label said we are promoting ' 'these recordings' and a live recording would have increased the budget so much so that it would become impossible to do plus the fact that we would then have to shoot extra videos for the singles....thats it really..we just wanted to give you all a little extra..of course we did'nt think that retailers would up the cost of the dvd inclusive package...sorry if you are dissapointed ..BT<hr></blockquote>

Cheers BT - I was sure it would have been out of your hands...as usual these days eh? Never mind, it is a cool little extra and the RRP hasnt been upped THAT much...I bet it sounded great though didnt it? Or did you have to just play along to it blasted thru a PA? Looking forward to Plymouth Pavilions anyway -will make up for it Im sure :)

Lacky
20th June 2005, 05:57 PM
good post bos graemlins/beer.gif

Burden of shame
20th June 2005, 05:59 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by LACKY:
[b]good post bos :D

Lacky
20th June 2005, 06:06 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Burden of shame:

Cheers - I was just curious: UB40 are such a well oiled machine especially when performing live they always sound on top form, I thought it would be something silly like the good old record company!!! :D <hr></blockquote>

yes your right,playing live is what they do best,it,s a shame about the dvd.Thank,s for the post graemlins/beer.gif

Skirge, The Chef
20th June 2005, 06:17 PM
Think we may have been lucky it was dubbed over that state Robin was in on those vids graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif
No wonder there was so many chairs around the place. I for one aint that bo5herd it was not a live recording I am hoping a gig on the tour will be recorded and brought out on DVD, now thats the live recording I want. graemlins/smokin.gif

bt/ub40
20th June 2005, 07:19 PM
:D thats another very important point Skirge..now we have the opportunity to shoot a live gig,the label would never have gone with two live DVD's around 1 album as it would be competing with itself,we thought it would be a shame not to be able to shoot a real gig this year,NOT that im saying we are you understand,BUT its now a possibility (depending on how good WYFF does)...when we shot the album DVD we did play live over the top of the recorded tracks so that we matched the sync exactly (nothing worse than badly mimed video and it did sound really energetic and very live but to mix it ,master it (a neccessity) then compress the sound down to film soundtrack (-18 dolbyt ) then cut the film to match it would just have sent the budget over the top,we are not exactly shifting Millions of cd's right now and that is a big disadvantage when it comes to getting label money for projects,we had a fight to get a film included....im happy that our videos for the tracks were filmed where we recorded the record,i wanted you guys to see us in our 'natural habitat' so to speak.....BT

Skirge, The Chef
20th June 2005, 07:24 PM
Or natural state :D LOL
Seee but now everyone is going to be hoping for WYFF live gig DVD aswell now. and there will be the massive question of at what gig it should and will be reorded.
Oh how I love all this wondering it keeps me sharp (ouch) graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/smokin.gif graemlins/bounce.gif

Smickey
20th June 2005, 07:36 PM
First post but would have to say both album and dvd are excellent. My first gig was 25 years ago in Camden. Many years and ús later - still does it for me. Well done to all the guys !

*Cookie*
20th June 2005, 07:45 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Smickey:
First post but would have to say both album and dvd are excellent. My first gig was 25 years ago in Camden. Many years and ús later - still does it for me. Well done to all the guys !<hr></blockquote>

welcome aboard :D

caja
20th June 2005, 08:29 PM
dunno why ya have to reply to this bt m8.... says 8 performance videos on sticker.....and this has been a superb "extra" to the cd ! and yes im over the moon ....
all our love
chris & andi xxx ;)

Rossy
20th June 2005, 08:30 PM
I love the DVD is Class!

Rossy :) :) :)

Lacky
20th June 2005, 11:14 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by caja:
dunno why ya have to reply to this bt m8.... says 8 performance videos on sticker.....and this has been a superb "extra" to the cd ! and yes im over the moon ....
all our love
chris & andi xxx ;) <hr></blockquote>

because some fans wanted to know, and bt was very kind to let us know why. graemlins/beer.gif

robs mrs fix it
20th June 2005, 11:23 PM
i agree great dvd.you can see the guys enjoyed singing REASONS. :D ,,linda,,

morgs
21st June 2005, 03:43 PM
So BT, Robin was sat down all the time, was he ill during the filming of the DVD or was it a bit too much vino the night before???

p.s where was it filmed?

cheers
morgs :)

bothsidestory
21st June 2005, 04:30 PM
looking forward to seeing it, still waiting for my copy, it is in the post apparantly :)