PDA

View Full Version : Any hope?

kev7840
20th June 2005, 12:45 AM
Any hope that Who You Fighting For will be released in the States? Or am I going to have to order this one online

dlstumm5563
20th June 2005, 01:05 AM
Dont know but I didnt chance it and ordered it on amazon.co.uk just to make sure that I do get it! Just hope that the DVD works on my player here. I will be royally pissed off if it doesnt play. Hope it does get released her in the States! But I should have the songs memorized by the time that happens! graemlins/love.gif Debbie

kev7840
21st June 2005, 10:25 PM
Afterall, their last two releases, The Fathers album and The Platinum Collection were both released in the US and there are dates listed on certain sites for the US. Seems quite possible we might see the new album over here.

Chicago UB Fan
21st June 2005, 10:32 PM
I called the major shops in the Chicago area, and they all told me August 3rd for the new UB album.

I wound up ordering mine from Amazon.UK last Thursday, and it got here today.
:)

Jolene
21st June 2005, 10:56 PM
DAMN!!!! Next time I'm ordering from Amazon.UK. I got the single from there super fast, I dont know why I didnt just order the album there too. DAMN!!!

graemlins/love.gif Jolene

Chicago UB Fan
21st June 2005, 11:43 PM
All we need to do now, is to lobby for the UB's to do a "private gig" here in the states.

If it were in NY or LA, I'd fly my butt out there to go!! It would be tons cheaper than trying to get a last-minute flight to the UK!

Jolene
22nd June 2005, 12:08 AM
Yeah it would be alot cheaper. i was just checking flights from San Francisco to London. You know...in case I win ;) the cheapest was $1200 and thats just for me.

graemlins/love.gif Jolene

Deuce
22nd June 2005, 12:32 AM
Hey can you bring some parts for my Deuce Coupe if you are coming over here!! I wont have to pay the duty then.....lol

Not good news that you guys have to wait so long for orders stateside. I buy parts for cars from Summit Racing, Jeg's etc and they get here (UK) UPS within a week!! and with the exchange rate it's still cheaper than buying in the UK even with duty.

jay
22nd June 2005, 01:35 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Chicago UB Fan:
The only drawback, is that the DVD does **NOT** play here unless you have a PAL<=>NTSC converting DVD player, or a Region Free DVD player. None of my 3 are, so I have to rip a copy and convert it from PAL to NTSC that way. Not a huge deal, but a setback none the less.
<hr></blockquote>

What do you use to convert it from PAL to NTSC? Guess I'd better plan on doing that........

j.

Chicago UB Fan
22nd June 2005, 03:35 AM
We're trying a few different things at the moment... I'll post the "winning" combination.

It will require a DVD-R on your computer though, I can promise you that.

~Leah

kev7840
22nd June 2005, 04:54 PM
[ 22 June 2005: Message edited by: kev7840 ]</p>

Chicago UB Fan
22nd June 2005, 10:01 PM
As promised, here's the "winning solution" to our PAL DVD situation...

http://www.ub40.co.uk/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=030651

graemlins/beer.gif