PDA

View Full Version : my dad was in Ub40 at the very beginning as the drummer

Guzzi
18th June 2005, 11:10 PM
totally amazin but dont think they remmebr or anything cos it was a very long time ago pretty cool tho eh,

Nicola R
18th June 2005, 11:34 PM
COOL!.......... :)

butler
19th June 2005, 01:58 AM
That'll be cool alrite, drummer in a reggae band ahhhhgggg

Mick_f
19th June 2005, 02:16 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Guzzi:
totally amazin but dont think they remmebr or anything cos it was a very long time ago pretty cool tho eh,<hr></blockquote>
You should leave a message for Brian he may remember him

Rachel~B
19th June 2005, 08:20 AM
:confused: thought Brian said that Jimmy was the one n only drummer?

welcome to the bb anyway graemlins/bouncered.gif

*Cookie*
19th June 2005, 10:23 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rachel.B:
[b] :)
welcome aboard guzzi

Mick_f
19th June 2005, 11:34 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rachel.B:
:confused: thought Brian said that Jimmy was the one n only drummer?

welcome to the bb anyway graemlins/bouncered.gif <hr></blockquote>

Thats what i thought

butler
19th June 2005, 11:36 AM
come on let the boy dream you fellas

Rossy
19th June 2005, 11:42 AM
There was another there was 1 guy yomi babayemi...played percussion at 1 gig.....then got deported back to nigeria
Rossy :) :)

Rachel~B
19th June 2005, 11:44 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by butler:
come on let the boy dream you fellas<hr></blockquote>

;)

yeah Rossy, but I'm certain Brian said that Jimmy was the only drummer...cant seem to find the post... :roll:

cheryl-anne
19th June 2005, 11:49 AM
there was a different drummer (Timi Tupe "yomi" Abayomi Babayemi) and (Jimmy Lynn) on keyboards.
that was during the summer of 1978.

so looks like you all need to do your research first before you start calling people liers.

thats a hell of a long name your dad had Guzzi :D

Welcome to the board

j59
19th June 2005, 11:51 AM
:D Welcometo the bb :D
love jx

Cherry Campbell
19th June 2005, 11:58 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by cheryl-anne:
there was a different drummer (Timi Tupe "yomi" Abayomi Babayemi) and (Jimmy Lynn) on keyboards.
that was during the summer of 1978.

so looks like you all need to do your research first before you start calling people liers.

thats a hell of a long name your dad had Guzzi :D

Welcome to the board<hr></blockquote>

PIMP :D

Rachel~B
19th June 2005, 12:02 PM
who's calling anyone a liar? just saying what I thought...or isnt that allowed :roll:

cheryl-anne
19th June 2005, 12:04 PM
who's calling anyone a liar? just saying what I thought...or isnt that allowed :roll: <hr></blockquote>

pmsl yeah its allowed just not more than once graemlins/laff.gif

NEPCHOON ROSE
19th June 2005, 12:09 PM
calling people liars is a bit strong...considering we saw a post that states something different

but it is always interesting to know some background history graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bouncepurple.gif

butler
19th June 2005, 12:27 PM
Was that your dad Guzzi? Yomi Babayemi, cool, I think you may have thrown us all when you said "don't think they remember" I have seen a few articles over the past few years with his name mentioned so he is still talked about I'm pretty sure I seen he purseued a music career with another band please correct me if I'm wrong...

also was'nt he a percussionest

P.s I thought he was dreaming not lieing :D

sorry Guzzi

Mick_f
19th June 2005, 12:35 PM
:(

butler
19th June 2005, 12:38 PM
Whats an aranamit? graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

Rossy
19th June 2005, 12:40 PM
God i posted this on this post why does it have to be repeated over and over
is my post not enough?

Mick_f
19th June 2005, 12:42 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rossy Boy:
is my post not enough?<hr></blockquote>

I think everyone is coming down from the hype of the new album lol and brains havent quite clicked back in yet graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

Rachel~B
19th June 2005, 12:42 PM
I think the weather must be getting to peeps :)

Rossy
19th June 2005, 12:43 PM
Sorry am a bit Tuchy this morning
was all them Gothics i had to punch last night LOL

Rossy :) :)

Rachel~B
19th June 2005, 12:45 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by butler:
[b]Whats an aranamit? ;)

rofl...doesnt matter now coz I deleted that post :p

Rachel~B
19th June 2005, 12:46 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rossy Boy:
Sorry am a bit Tuchy this morning
was all them Gothics i had to punch last night LOL

Rossy :) :) <hr></blockquote>

:eek:

no worries... graemlins/friends.gif

elaine2005
19th June 2005, 12:49 PM
Must be true else its a V.Silly thing to say if it wasnt true would only take 0.2 seconds to confirm or deny by UBs im sure.

anyways .... WELCOME TO THE BB GUZZI . graemlins/bounceblue.gif

cheryl-anne
19th June 2005, 01:03 PM
is my post not enough?<hr></blockquote>

i take it your refering to mine.

are you jealous that someone else knew?

sorry..........i wont post any thing that i know again :(

[ 19 June 2005: Message edited by: cheryl-anne ]</p>

Rachel~B
19th June 2005, 01:13 PM
no I think Rossy was refering to my post...I posted a reply from Brian a while ago without realising Rossy had already posted it... :)

bt/ub40
19th June 2005, 01:41 PM
:confused: we've only ever had 1 drummer ?
BT

bt/ub40
19th June 2005, 01:42 PM
PS...inless he means 'percussionist' ? and a guy called Yomi played 1 gig with us...before goingt back to nigeria..BT

ausiedeb
19th June 2005, 01:47 PM
thanks bt... maybe guzzi can shed some light on this subject too? can see an argument brewing in the guzzi household :D

graemlins/bounceblack.gif graemlins/bounceblack.gif

Rudie
19th June 2005, 02:01 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by bt/ub40:
[b] :D

allisman
19th June 2005, 02:51 PM
Talk about a storm in a tea cup, tech tech tech,

Love this when a plan goes pear shaped :p

Helena
19th June 2005, 03:39 PM
graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif only just seen this post. think the heat must be making everyone bicker graemlins/laff.gif

Mick_f
19th June 2005, 03:41 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Helena:
graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif only just seen this post. think the heat must be making everyone bicker graemlins/laff.gif <hr></blockquote>
LOL the heat and coming down from listening to the new album for a solid week graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

Waltjo
19th June 2005, 03:43 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: No point worrying about it is there??? Must be the heat :eek: :eek:
Oh and Welcome to the board graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/friends.gif graemlins/beer.gif

[ 19 June 2005: Message edited by: Waltjo ]</p>

R.M.D
19th June 2005, 05:04 PM
graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif Too Funny graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif
pimp....Dave.... graemlins/smokin.gif

elaine2005
19th June 2005, 05:14 PM
Ahhhhhh from the horses mouth. FAIR ENOUGH then :D

Maybe you dreamt it GUZZI ??? I have had SIMILARish dreams myself :p

SummerSunShine
19th June 2005, 06:00 PM
There ya go......BT confimed it,Jimmy has been the only drummer.

CazLuvsUBs
19th June 2005, 10:32 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by bt/ub40:
[b] ;)

Biglove
Caroline

graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncepurple.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif

SuGgS
19th June 2005, 10:41 PM
i used too be in a band too
no really ,i was

have a nice day
and if it gets to ya(the heat(
ave a graemlins/beer.gif water

*Cookie*
20th June 2005, 08:28 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by CazLuvsUBs:

Are you sure BT??!!! I seem to recall you also saying that you hadn't sung the song Madness with the band Madness live! ;)

Biglove
Caroline
<hr></blockquote>

:roll:

brummybabe
20th June 2005, 09:23 AM
God these new members dont half get uptight.....well they have been proved wrong anyways as Brians posts tell you the score.....As RACH pointed out correctly :roll: :roll: :roll:

bt/ub40
20th June 2005, 10:40 AM
i still dont remember that......are you sure they did'nt join us on stage and one of them sung that chorus over the top of one of our tunes....BT

CazLuvsUBs
20th June 2005, 10:53 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by brummybabe:
God these new members dont half get uptight.....well they have been proved wrong anyways as Brians posts tell you the score.....As RACH pointed out correctly :roll: :roll: :roll: <hr></blockquote>

Do you mean me????? :confused: If you do, I wasn't getting uptight but just simply having a laugh!

Biglove
Caroline

graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncepurple.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif

Helena
20th June 2005, 11:04 AM
i still dont remember that......are you sure they did'nt join us on stage and one of them sung that chorus over the top of one of our tunes....BT<hr></blockquote>

brian someone put the video clip up of the madness thing and it was definitely the two bands playing together. graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

CazLuvsUBs
20th June 2005, 12:05 PM
graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

Rossy
20th June 2005, 12:05 PM
i still dont remember that......are you sure they did'nt join us on stage and one of them sung that chorus over the top of one of our tunes....BT<hr></blockquote>

It was 11th January 1983 The Sizewell B inquiry fund Gig
UB40 played 2 songs Earth Dies screaming then Madness came on stage and played MADNESS then the band stayed on stage and jamed along to UB40 Playing One in Ten
I have this on DVD if you need it BT

Rossy :) :) :)

BRIDMADHOUSE
20th June 2005, 12:08 PM
yeh go on rossy put it on :D :D :D graemlins/beer.gif

Helena
20th June 2005, 12:14 PM

It was 11th January 1983 The Sizewell B inquiry fund Gig
UB40 played 2 songs Earth Dies screaming then Madness came on stage and played MADNESS then the band stayed on stage and jamed along to UB40 Playing One in Ten
I have this on DVD if you need it BT

Rossy :) :) :) <hr></blockquote>

think brian missed it first time round so you may wanna put it on again rossy graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

MAYBETOMORROW
20th June 2005, 01:37 PM
Maybe BT had eaten one of "those" cookies before performing that day graemlins/smokin.gif

*Cookie*
20th June 2005, 04:07 PM
why am i more inclined to believe rossy than bT :roll: graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

bt/ub40
20th June 2005, 04:34 PM
now i remember that..i thought you were saying WE (UB40) perfortmed 'madness'the tune..it never happened..BUT Madness the band often got up on stage with us...so stick that in yer pipe and smoke it ! ;) BT

Lou.B
20th June 2005, 04:35 PM
graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

sweetsensation
20th June 2005, 04:36 PM
:confused:

ausiedeb
20th June 2005, 04:50 PM
[b]now i remember that..i thought you were saying WE (UB40) perfortmed 'madness'the tune..it never happened..BUT Madness the band often got up on stage with us...so stick that in yer pipe and smoke it ! :D graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/smokin.gif

Helena
20th June 2005, 04:51 PM
now i remember that..i thought you were saying WE (UB40) perfortmed 'madness'the tune..it never happened..BUT Madness the band often got up on stage with us...so stick that in yer pipe and smoke it ! ;) BT<hr></blockquote>

you were all playing too. unless you were pretending to play yer sax. suggs was singing and the rest of you were all playing instruments.
graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

sweetsensation
20th June 2005, 04:57 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Helena:
[b]

the rest of you were all playing instruments.
:D

sandyub404
21st June 2005, 03:03 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sweetsensation:

BT was playing the tin whistle
Ali was playing the triangle
Norman as usual on the bongos
Jimmy was on the steel drums
Astro was clapping his hands
Earl was hiding behind Jimmys steel drums playing God knows what
Mickey was playing the xylophone
and Robin, had his hands in his pockets and was playing with his usual instrument
:D <hr></blockquote>

LOL graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

elaine2005
21st June 2005, 09:23 AM
[b]

you were all playing too. unless you were pretending to play yer sax. suggs was singing and the rest of you were all playing instruments.
:eek: graemlins/laff.gif cheeky helena. LMAO graemlins/laff.gif