PDA

View Full Version : new talent


happyukman 1981
19th May 2005, 11:59 AM
hey brian i,m new to this bb so hi , are ub,s promoting any new reggae talent this year eg writers , singers ect , p.s welcome back hope you had a great time and what do you reckon to european qualification next year for the villa graemlins/smokin.gif

bt/ub40
19th May 2005, 12:24 PM
greetings happyukman (great name).....good question,we are always looking out for new young talent,but new young reggae artists seem to be a bit thin on the ground at the moment...who knows who will we get for the support slot for this years uk dates...some suggestions would be helpful,keeping mind that any support would have to be a 'bit' experienced just to do the shows,its a big step from playing in the bedroom to walking out in front of 12,000 people and warming them up for us....if a band is'nt ready it can ruin their music careers..but if they have a record to promote and have some gigs under their belts it can make them.....as for the mighty Aston Villa,i have every faith that they will deliver next season (just beating The Blues would do for me right now) anyway...i shall be keeping an eye out for support slot suggestions so lets hear what you got....take care BT

josie
19th May 2005, 12:43 PM
I dont have any suggestions for the support but would love it to be a reggae act.Thought the Blood Fire Possie were brill when they supported UB in a tour back in late eighties and Bitty Mclean was great too

happyukman 1981
19th May 2005, 12:43 PM
it doesnt have to be young talent it could be someone who has been around for a while just not had the right breaks ...... graemlins/smokin.gif graemlins/smokin.gif

oLdbOi
19th May 2005, 12:48 PM
Tippa Irie....give him some dubs to 'spit' out to... ;) ...

bOi...

Rachel~B
19th May 2005, 12:53 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by oLdbOi:
Tippa Irie....give him some dubs to 'spit' out to... ;) ...

bOi...<hr></blockquote>

;)
n havent we done Tippa Irie...or was that a dream?

oLdbOi
19th May 2005, 01:00 PM
spit..rephrase...'dee jay' over some UB dubs maybe..his own stuff even...someone who can walk the stage n drop some 'reggae' vibes....
B15 & Tippa a few years back.. :)

licklemore

bOi

Rachel~B
19th May 2005, 01:02 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by oLdbOi:

B15 & Tippa a few years back.. :)

licklemore

bOi<hr></blockquote>

so I didnt dream it... ;)
lmao...use ur 'spit'...dont rephrase graemlins/laff.gif

neil aka BBB
19th May 2005, 01:08 PM
if i was ub40 i would keep the theme/night/gig in a reggae style old or new it worked well at the nec 21st they play 'dub' over the sound system before the gig. graemlins/smokin.gif
neil aka bbb
www.smallaxe.org.uk (http://www.smallaxe.org.uk)

[ 19 May 2005: Message edited by: neil aka BBB ]</p>

butler
19th May 2005, 01:15 PM
Got a suggestion for downunder, I know Herbs has supported UB40 in N.Z in the past and Strange Tennant's did Melbourne this last time around, how do the bands become the support act?.. There's a Kiwi band called Salmonella DUB you might have heard of them I think they'd be a good support act for donunder they got experiance and some pretty laid back tunes just Thought I'd throw that in the mix for us downunder....

[ 19 May 2005: Message edited by: butler ]</p>

butler
19th May 2005, 01:23 PM
Heres a link for the Salmonella DUB web site

http://www.salmonelladub.com/main.html

I don't know someone on the B.B might like it :)

Rachel~B
19th May 2005, 01:28 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by butler:
Heres a link for the Salmonella DUB web site

http://www.salmonelladub.com/main.html

I don't know someone on the B.B might like it :) <hr></blockquote>

thanks for the link...sounds dodgy salmonella :roll:

Coty
19th May 2005, 01:39 PM
Hey Bt...
Why not Antney? Seems he knows how to work up a crowd, great reviews from the Dutch fest and all...thatd' be ace, id' defo hop on the next flight out to catch that gig, some way or another :D :D

Helena
19th May 2005, 01:52 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by butler:
Heres a link for the Salmonella DUB web site

http://www.salmonelladub.com/main.html

I don't know someone on the B.B might like it :) <hr></blockquote>


what sort of names that? graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

UBLutwyche
19th May 2005, 02:03 PM
Aswad
Musical Sniper
Sean Paul
Madness/Specials/Beat etc
Bitty McLean
Pato Banton
Inner Circle

Just thoughts :D :D

butler
19th May 2005, 02:05 PM
In response to Helena's question...I don't think chicken would be on the menu to often...

You wouldn't forget that name in a hurry :D

But I do like their music they come from New Zealand, have a play on the web site top left hand corner click that button! :D

[ 19 May 2005: Message edited by: butler ]</p>

Rachel~B
19th May 2005, 02:07 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by butler:
have a play on the web :D <hr></blockquote>

lmfao...sorry couldnt resist graemlins/laff.gif

butler
19th May 2005, 02:10 PM
graemlins/laff.gif We have a critic, you funny graemlins/laff.gif

Rachel~B
19th May 2005, 02:15 PM
maybe I need to go to confession...wonder do they let ducks in... ;)

jahnus
19th May 2005, 02:19 PM
brian maybe an idea for the dutch gig a hard working and great sounding dutch reggae band called poor man friend (http://www.poormanfriend.com/) they got there new cd out just a few months and have some great experience

for other loonies take a look at there site

greetings jahnus graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif graemlins/bounce.gif

jahnus
19th May 2005, 02:22 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jahnus:
brian maybe an idea for the dutch gig a hard working and great sounding dutch reggae band called poor man friend (http://www.poormanfriend.com/) they got there new cd out just a few months and have some great experience

for other loonies take a look at there site

greetings jahnus graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif graemlins/bounce.gif <hr></blockquote>

ps go to the download page and listen to the song
"like yu wine"

One a Penny
19th May 2005, 02:25 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by bt/ub40:
greetings happyukman (great name).....good question,we are always looking out for new young talent,but new young reggae artists seem to be a bit thin on the ground at the moment...who knows who will we get for the support slot for this years uk dates...some suggestions would be helpful,keeping mind that any support would have to be a 'bit' experienced just to do the shows,its a big step from playing in the bedroom to walking out in front of 12,000 people and warming them up for us....if a band is'nt ready it can ruin their music careers..but if they have a record to promote and have some gigs under their belts it can make them.....as for the mighty Aston Villa,i have every faith that they will deliver next season (just beating The Blues would do for me right now) anyway...i shall be keeping an eye out for support slot suggestions so lets hear what you got....take care BT<hr></blockquote>Ha ha ha ha ha Brian your having a laff..........My team .The mighty Wigan Athletic will take 6 points off you , you muppet !!!!!

UB40-Fan
19th May 2005, 02:27 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jahnus:


ps go to the download page and listen to the song
"like yu wine"<hr></blockquote>

I do agree, PMF should be the support act in december. I am following them now for some time. They are brilliant!

Greetings Martijn graemlins/smokin.gif

UBLutwyche
19th May 2005, 02:28 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by One a Penny:
Ha ha ha ha ha Brian your having a laff..........My team .The mighty Wigan Athletic will take 6 points off you , you muppet !!!!!<hr></blockquote>

Brian supports Aston V**** ?? :(

You 'mappit' :D :D

janice
19th May 2005, 02:33 PM
wot about madness that would b great or even better u could allways have me graemlins/bounceblack.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bounceblack.gif

UBLutwyche
19th May 2005, 02:36 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by janice:
wot about madness that would b great<hr></blockquote>

Madness! That what I said :D or The Specials :D

elaine2005
19th May 2005, 02:38 PM
Some good NEW ( ish ) talent ... dont have to look too far.

What about ANTNEY HASSAN or IMANI :D

;)

janice
19th May 2005, 02:38 PM
what a show that would b graemlins/bounceblack.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bounceblack.gif

Shabba67
19th May 2005, 02:41 PM
Doubt it would be Madness or Aswad, dont they normally tour at that time of the year anyway - would be good though... Specials is a nice idea since they re-formed..
Anyone would be fine barr Girls shouldnae be Aloud or Westshite.

Shabs
xxxxxx
:D :D graemlins/smokin.gif

[ 19 May 2005: Message edited by: Silvertung ]</p>

UBLutwyche
19th May 2005, 02:46 PM
Kylie Minogue :D :D :D :D
Biance :D :D :D :D

Dutchess
19th May 2005, 05:50 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jahnus:
[b]brian maybe an idea for the dutch gig a hard working and great sounding dutch reggae band called poor man friend (http://www.poormanfriend.com/) they got there new cd out just a few months and have some great experience

for other loonies take a look at there site

greetings jahnus :D

sweetsensation
19th May 2005, 06:04 PM
BT I sent you an email ;)

Check this artist TANYA STEPHENS (http://www.daintycrew.com/stephens.htm) contact details are on this page too graemlins/bounceblack.gif

PS: are you gigging in Turkey? My parents are over there at the moment..sure Dad would go if it was near him, he's in Kusadasi and thinks theres nothing like listening to the brass section in UB40 graemlins/bounceyellow.gif

Michelle graemlins/love.gif

brummybabe
19th May 2005, 07:12 PM
UNITED SOUNDS WOULD KICK ASS
WICKED SOUND SYSTEM.... THEY R FROM HOLLAND........

THEYVE WORKED WITH SOME FANTASTIC ARTISTS TO SAY THE LEAST THEYDE GET THE CROWD GOING FOR SURE....

JAH LOVE TO TAKI AND RASDRE

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

graemlins/friends.gif

jahnus
20th May 2005, 12:02 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by brummybabe:
UNITED SOUNDS WOULD KICK ASS
WICKED SOUND SYSTEM.... THEY R FROM HOLLAND........

THEYVE WORKED WITH SOME FANTASTIC ARTISTS TO SAY THE LEAST THEYDE GET THE CROWD GOING FOR SURE....

JAH LOVE TO TAKI AND RASDRE

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

graemlins/friends.gif <hr></blockquote>

thats a sound system..........i reither see a live band perform kell, sound systems are not realy my cup of coffee all those weel outs and pull ups and singing stuff from other reggae artists nah

greetings jahnus graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif graemlins/bounce.gif

Taffy aka SuzieQ
20th May 2005, 03:29 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Coty:
Hey Bt...
Why not Antney? Seems he knows how to work up a crowd, great reviews from the Dutch fest and all...thatd' be ace, id' defo hop on the next flight out to catch that gig, some way or another :D :D <hr></blockquote>
Agree with ya there Keiki wahine Antney would be brill a top bloke graemlins/smokin.gif

paulB40
20th May 2005, 09:45 AM
Interesting post (from my point of view)
Defo agree with some of the posters on here (it would be great to keep the theme of REGGAE) :D but we do share the love of the music 110% like yourself. Now i'm not suggesting we hook up with you and start trying to play "YOUR" music but be do have around 3 hours of music ready to go (not including our UB covers. (Not idea) i hear you say however its now a proven hit with the crowd to hear such tracks from artists like the legendary Bob Marley, Aswad,Clint Eastwood and so on for warming them before a main act. We are now really kicking off down here in the south west have just come back from supporting "Misty in Roots" and also unfortunately having to cancel a support with the legendary "Sly and Robbie" due to circumstances behond our control. we are also lined up to support "The selector featuring Pauline Black" in November on one of their 2005 tour dates as well as finally securing a slot in Bristols largest live music event "Ashton court Festival". Many other dates are on our gig guide.

Im sure if the unbelievable situation arraises that our heros and idols UB40 would want us to tour with them (When ever or Where ever) then its pretty safe to say that we would even cancel just about anythin imaginable to be involved in such an evant.

ok, Ive been here before with you and i know your feelings regarding this (Understandably at that time) Things Have Changed Massively !

12,000 ---- No Problem !

Our largest audience so far was an estimated 10,000 and that was 2 years ago.

Just a thought....You know me...Not one to miss out on an oppertunity ! :D :D graemlins/smokin.gif

[ 20 May 2005: Message edited by: paulB40 ]</p>

Carlene Lydia
20th May 2005, 10:16 AM
I'm with Coty, Elaine & Taffy, Antney is a top idea!!! :)

graemlins/bouncepurple.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif

elaine2005
20th May 2005, 10:48 AM
Does anyone know if anteny would like to do it ?
I should think he would.
He would seem OBVIOUS choice to me. :)

Coty
20th May 2005, 10:57 AM
I AM PRETTY POSITIVE ELAINE, THAT ANT WOULD LOVE TO DO IT. I MEAN HE'S IN THE SHOW BIZ ALREADY, TO DO A GIG IN FRONT OF 12,000 PPL, WHAT ARTIST WOULD BE CRAZY ENOUGH TO NOT WANT TO DO IT? YEAH, HE WAS MY FIRST THOUGHT WHEN THIS QUESTION WAS ASKED BY BT...THEN SECOND THOUGHT WAS WHY NOT THE TRIBUTE BANDS...HMMM, GUESS WE'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE THE RESULTS...BIG graemlins/love.gif COTY xxxxx

Skirge, The Chef
20th May 2005, 10:59 AM
Dunno about young up and coming reggae artists so how about old and solid ones :D you know who I am thinking of, yes that same old request again for the Fathers of reggae graemlins/bouncepurple.gif

elaine2005
20th May 2005, 11:04 AM
Ok coty :) ... i thought so ... BUT cus he was not already chosen 4 it ? ( presumably ) else the Q would not have arisen.

I thought MAYBE was cus he didnt want to or summat. Else i simply dont get it. :o :roll: lol

>>>> bbl x

[ 20 May 2005: Message edited by: *elaine* ]</p>

Coty
20th May 2005, 11:11 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by *elaine*:
Ok coty :) ... i thought so ... BUT cus he was not already chosen 4 it ? ( presumably ) else the Q would not have arisen.

I thought MAYBE was cus he didnt want to or summat. Else i simply dont get it. :o :roll: lol

>>>> bbl x

[ 20 May 2005: Message edited by: *elaine* ]<hr></blockquote>

graemlins/laff.gif HIYA ELAINE, I ALWAYS GET A GOOD laff WHEN I READ UR POSTS! I TOTALLY AGREE WITH EVERY WORD U SAID UP THERE! GOOD ONE! NOW LETS HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT FOR EVERYONE! BIG graemlins/love.gif COTY xxxxxxx

champane
20th May 2005, 12:32 PM
oooooo ant would be cool love to see him again hes brill cant see why he aint done it before

graemlins/love.gif

Rasta Roy
20th May 2005, 12:57 PM
bt,
I've got lots of great suggestions for you.

You just have to announce a US tour first!!! :D

paulB40
20th May 2005, 01:08 PM
just like UB40 and most other Reggae acts out there you can cover previous releases without being labeled as a tribute to that artist surely... Not slating tribute bands becuase there is a big market for them...lets take RITK & J2B--- they supply a service to all those thousands of UB fans around the country that iether cant make a UB concert or afford to go and see the guys when they tour.

Small Axe take our influences from many artists (Mainly the UB's from my point of view) but are not a Tribute band. we have and probably will continue to cover the odd UB track along with many other artists work but as written in many reviews on us generally the tracks are performed with a difference (The Small Axe Difference)

Hear for yourselves
http://www.smallaxe.org.uk/Small_Axe_Fussing_&_Fighting.mp3

We can do more than just copy...

Edited with new link above...

graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/friends.gif graemlins/beer.gif

[ 20 May 2005: Message edited by: paulB40 ]</p>

AdyB
20th May 2005, 02:16 PM
eh wouldnt that be great
i might even get chance to say elo to the kings wilst i sweep up

havent seen the Ubs for quite sometime come on Bri make it happen for this old timer

take care

elaine2005
20th May 2005, 02:19 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by paulB40:
just like UB40 and most other Reggae acts out there you can cover previous releases without being labeled as a tribute to that artist surely... Not slating tribute bands becuase there is a big market for them...lets take RITK & J2B--- they supply a service to all those thousands of UB fans around the country that iether cant make a UB concert or afford to go and see the guys when they tour.

Small Axe take our influences from many artists (Mainly the UB's from my point of view) but are not a Tribute band. we have and probably will continue to cover the odd UB track along with many other artists work but as written in many reviews on us generally the tracks are performed with a difference (The Small Axe Difference)

Hear for yourselves http://www.smallaxe.org.uk/Small%20Axe%20-%20Fussing%20And%20Fighting.wma
(We are capable of doing more than just wanting to copy) graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/friends.gif graemlins/beer.gif <hr></blockquote>

Ooops! sorry. Dint mean to offend with the TRIBUTE thing. graemlins/beer.gif

Rachel~B
20th May 2005, 03:32 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sweetsensation:
BT I sent you an email ;)

Check this artist TANYA STEPHENS (http://www.daintycrew.com/stephens.htm) contact details are on this page too graemlins/bounceblack.gif

<hr></blockquote>

agree with Shel...Tanya is a fantastic artist...she is also a huge UB40 fan...and would like to work with them...
what a gig that would be graemlins/bouncered.gif

paulB40
20th May 2005, 04:43 PM
No offence taken elaine...

I was just putting the record straight once again as every now and then we seem to be mistakenly put into that bracket... :D

graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/friends.gif graemlins/beer.gif

http://www.smallaxe.org.uk/Small_Axe_Fussing_&_Fighting.mp3

Lord F
20th May 2005, 04:50 PM
abi titmuss :cool:


graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif

paulB40
20th May 2005, 05:00 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lord F:
[b]abi titmuss :cool:


:eek:

paulB40
20th May 2005, 05:02 PM
spose i should leave this post alone now init :D

Lord F
20th May 2005, 05:11 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>the bands dicography <hr></blockquote>

i'm so dylexic i choked on my own vimto graemlins/laff.gif

appologies to all dyslexia sufferers

graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif

AdyB
20th May 2005, 05:23 PM
Lard I gota keep on postin yeah

less i cant be found Lorddddddd

brummybabe
20th May 2005, 06:18 PM
IM NOT SURE WHITE FOLK WOULD UNDERSTAND TANYA STEVENS CHAT ALSO ITS TOO DANCEHALL PROPER JAMAICAN BUSINESS...TOO HEAVY FOR PART TIME REGGAE FANS.... graemlins/bigwink.gif

elaine2005
20th May 2005, 06:30 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by brummybabe:
[b]IM NOT SURE WHITE FOLK WOULD UNDERSTAND TANYA STEVENS CHAT ALSO ITS TOO DANCEHALL PROPER JAMAICAN BUSINESS...TOO HEAVY FOR PART TIME REGGAE FANS.... ;)

graemlins/friends.gif

Coty
20th May 2005, 07:09 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by brummybabe:
IM NOT SURE WHITE FOLK WOULD UNDERSTAND TANYA STEVENS CHAT ALSO ITS TOO DANCEHALL PROPER JAMAICAN BUSINESS...TOO HEAVY FOR PART TIME REGGAE FANS.... graemlins/bigwink.gif <hr></blockquote>

I SEE WHERE UR COMING FROM ON THAT THOUGH KELS...I LIKE TANYA, BUT IT'S NICE TO KNOW WHAT'S BEING SUNG/SAID....AM GONNA SEE HER ON THE 27TH OF THIS MONTH, ALONG WITH CHAKA DEMUS AND PLYERS..WILL LET U KNOW WHAT ALL THEM WHITE FOLKS SAY...LMAO...BIG graemlins/love.gif COTY xxxxx

PS: ONCE AGAIN, GOTTA AGREE WITH YOU ELAINE...ANT SHOULD BE FIRST CHOICE...HMMMM

[ 20 May 2005: Message edited by: Coty ]</p>

brummybabe
20th May 2005, 07:21 PM
i dont think talking about messing with pum pum and man rubbing his **** against arse would suit the other half of the ub40 followers hahahahahaa
some people just like ub40 and not reggae at all......
that would just disappoint the other majority..lololol she is cool though i agree with chelle belle on that one.......... graemlins/love.gif

[ 20 May 2005: Message edited by: brummybabe ]</p>

john(ub40)p
20th May 2005, 11:31 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by paulB40:
Interesting post (from my point of view)
Defo agree with some of the posters on here (it would be great to keep the theme of REGGAE) :D but we do share the love of the music 110% like yourself. Now i'm not suggesting we hook up with you and start trying to play "YOUR" music but be do have around 3 hours of music ready to go (not including our UB covers. (Not idea) i hear you say however its now a proven hit with the crowd to hear such tracks from artists like the legendary Bob Marley, Aswad,Clint Eastwood and so on for warming them before a main act. We are now really kicking off down here in the south west have just come back from supporting "Misty in Roots" and also unfortunately having to cancel a support with the legendary "Sly and Robbie" due to circumstances behond our control. we are also lined up to support "The selector featuring Pauline Black" in November on one of their 2005 tour dates as well as finally securing a slot in Bristols largest live music event "Ashton court Festival". Many other dates are on our gig guide.

Im sure if the unbelievable situation arraises that our heros and idols UB40 would want us to tour with them (When ever or Where ever) then its pretty safe to say that we would even cancel just about anythin imaginable to be involved in such an evant.

ok, Ive been here before with you and i know your feelings regarding this (Understandably at that time) Things Have Changed Massively !

12,000 ---- No Problem !

Our largest audience so far was an estimated 10,000 and that was 2 years ago.

Just a thought....You know me...Not one to miss out on an oppertunity ! :D :D graemlins/smokin.gif

[ 20 May 2005: Message edited by: paulB40 ]<hr></blockquote>
MAY I SAY I AGREE HERE BT THINK BACK 25yrs AGO ARE WE GONNA MAKE IT HIS SOMEONE GONNA GIVE US A BREAK CAUSE WE KNOW DEEP DOWN WE ARE GOOD PRETENDERS CAME ALONG AND THE REST IS HISTORY PLS GIVE THESE LADS A CHANCE I MYSELF WOULD LOVE MORE N MORE UP N COMING REGGAE ARTISTS TO COME THRU IF NOT THESE (12000) I KNOW FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN TIPPA IRIE IS FANTASTIC BIG LOVE JOHN graemlins/smokin.gif

jahnus
21st May 2005, 12:55 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Coty:
[b]

I SEE WHERE UR COMING FROM ON THAT THOUGH KELS...I LIKE TANYA, BUT IT'S NICE TO KNOW WHAT'S BEING SUNG/SAID....AM GONNA SEE HER ON THE 27TH OF THIS MONTH, ALONG WITH CHAKA DEMUS AND PLYERS..WILL LET U KNOW WHAT ALL THEM WHITE FOLKS SAY...LMAO...BIG :roll: )

but i think she's already to big to be support act its not like she comes out of the blue ....she's already on the road for a few years.......with releasing last years top album "gangsta blues" she really is big now

greetings jahnus

cheryl-anne
21st May 2005, 11:50 PM
i think TANYA STEPHENS is the perfect choice.
she's not hard to understand+has a great sense of humour which comes thru in a lot of her songs.
it's a pity is a little bit heavy but,the rest of the album "gangsta blues" is pretty easy to understand.i found LADY SAW more difficult to understand than TANYA STEPHENS so look her up pleeeeeeeeease

Coty
21st May 2005, 11:54 PM
YEAH DONT GET ME WRONG, I LIKE THE WOMAN AND HER MUSIC HAS A LOT OF MEANING IN IT...THOUGH, SHE'S OUT THERE ALREADY..SHE'S NOTICED, SHE HAS HER RECOGITION ACCOMPLISHED...WHY NOT GIVE UP AND COMING TALENTS THE CHANCE TO GET THEMSELVES NOTICED...JUST A THOUGHT.....JUST A THOUGHT :roll: :roll:

cheryl-anne
22nd May 2005, 12:00 AM
yeeeah but,wot new up+coming talent r ub40 going to b able to take wen BT said they r hard to come by these days+that they want someone with experience+who r capable of singing infront of 12'000 peeps :confused:

sweetsensation
22nd May 2005, 12:02 AM
reggae band as long as its reggae i think it will be super....didnt like the stranglers at all....so different

Coty
22nd May 2005, 12:03 AM
AS THEY SAY..GUESS YOU'LL NEVER KNOW TILL YOU TRY IT! DON'T KNOCK IT IF U HAVEN'T TRIED IT, BASICALLY! AND I DON'T THINK UB40 NEEDS ANYONE TO GET THEIR CROWD ON THEIR FEET...HAVE HAD A LOT OF PISS SUPPORT ACTS HERE, I GOT SEVERAL FROM THE UK THAT CAN TESTIFY ON THAT ONE, EVEN THOUGH THE SUPPORT ACT SUCKED, UB40 ROCKED THE HOUSE AS USUAL...SO DUNNO WHY U HAVE TO BE 'EXPERIENCED' U JUST BETTER HAVE STAGE PRESENCE AND BE ABLE TO HANDLE THE CROWD, IF U CAN'T THEN DON'T TAKE THE OFFER.

[ 22 May 2005: Message edited by: Coty ]</p>

NEPCHOON ROSE
22nd May 2005, 12:04 AM
bagpuss, he's cute and fluffy ladies will love him ;)

Coty
22nd May 2005, 12:06 AM
PS: PAUL, I WISH U ALL THE LUCK IN THE WORLD WITH GETTING THE BILL! I AM SURE U DESERVE IT JUST AS MUCH AS ANYONE ELSE....FINGERS CROSSED FOR A GREAT SUPPORT ACT, WHICH I THINK U COULD FULFILL OF ALL THE REVIEWS I'VE READ ABOUT U FOLKS ON THE BB.....AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, AND GOOD LUCK TO ANT TOO! U ALL DESERVE IT.......**muah**

cheryl-anne
22nd May 2005, 12:10 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Coty:
AS THEY SAY..GUESS YOU'LL NEVER KNOW TILL YOU TRY IT! DON'T KNOCK IT IF U HAVEN'T TRIED IT, BASICALLY! AND I DON'T THINK UB40 NEEDS ANYONE TO GET THEIR CROWD ON THEIR FEET...HAVE HAD A LOT OF PISS SUPPORT ACTS HERE, I GOT SEVERAL FROM THE UK THAT CAN TESTIFY ON THAT ONE, EVEN THOUGH THE SUPPORT ACT SUCKED, UB40 ROCKED THE HOUSE AS USUAL...SO DUNNO WHY U HAVE TO BE 'EXPERIENCED' U JUST BETTER HAVE STAGE PRESENCE AND BE ABLE TO HANDLE THE CROWD, IF U CAN'T THEN DON'T TAKE THE OFFER.

[ 22 May 2005: Message edited by: Coty ]<hr></blockquote>

i totally agree with you.ub40 dont need any one with them.it's only ub40 i go to see anyway.

Coty
22nd May 2005, 12:12 AM
YEAH, THEY SOOO DON'T....WHY DOES IT MATTER? NE WAY, MOST PEEPS HERE DON'T COME TO THE GIGS UNTIL THE ANNOUNCED TIME OF THE MAIN ACT COMING ON STAGE...GO FIGURE..LOL

robs mrs fix it
22nd May 2005, 12:12 AM
now i would like to see WINSTON GROOY, OR SEAN PAUL, LADY SAW I THINKS SHE,S GREAT BUT EVERYONES GOT THERE OWN TASTE.,,LINDA graemlins/beer.gif

cheryl-anne
22nd May 2005, 12:15 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Coty:
YEAH, THEY SOOO DON'T....WHY DOES IT MATTER? NE WAY, MOST PEEPS HERE DON'T COME TO THE GIGS UNTIL THE ANNOUNCED TIME OF THE MAIN ACT COMING ON STAGE...GO FIGURE..LOL<hr></blockquote>

graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

NEPCHOON ROSE
22nd May 2005, 01:28 AM
http://www.dumpysrustynuts.net/


there sorted ;)

paulB40
22nd May 2005, 02:30 PM
Wow...This post has grown a lot since i was last in here...

Some Great suggestion too.
I have to agree "The Stranglers" didnt do it for me niether (Keep it stricly Reggae i say)

New up and comming yet experienced...
able to handle 12,000 or 120,000, It's when you get 120 it becomes harder to perform.

I agree that the UB's don't NEED anyone but hey BT only has to give me the nod and i'll be in Birmingham tomorrow signing the paper work

Last but by no means least...

COTY - Your an absolute star graemlins/friends.gif Big up your words of support, without this no one can find the enthusiasm and spiritual strength to achieve there goals and dreams no matter what they are. Its something we all nead in life graemlins/smokin.gif

Would be nice to get a reply from BT here i think !?

graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/friends.gif graemlins/beer.gif

AdyB
22nd May 2005, 09:03 PM
Paul..
get off of here mate...

less the balif know you owe money, he dont come knocking

and he know that, cause somebody else say so....

neil aka BBB
22nd May 2005, 09:22 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by paulB40:
Wow...This post has grown a lot since i was last in here...

Some Great suggestion too.
I have to agree "The Stranglers" didnt do it for me niether (Keep it stricly Reggae i say)

New up and comming yet experienced...
able to handle 12,000 or 120,000, It's when you get 120 it becomes harder to perform.

I agree that the UB's don't NEED anyone but hey BT only has to give me the nod and i'll be in Birmingham tomorrow signing the paper work

Last but by no means least...

COTY - Your an absolute star graemlins/friends.gif Big up your words of support, without this no one can find the enthusiasm and spiritual strength to achieve there goals and dreams no matter what they are. Its something we all nead in life graemlins/smokin.gif

Would be nice to get a reply from BT here i think !?

graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/friends.gif graemlins/beer.gif <hr></blockquote>

i agree paul they don't really need a support act but if they do have one let's hope its a reggae band/singer,keeping the feel for night in the same style.
bt probably thinks we may be too 'picky' about what goes on with the band regarding who supports them cos there are alot of people that come on this site saying you should this and i think that etc
as for 'the stranglers'paul i think that was the worst support slot ever for ub40 surely they were not gonna sell a massive amount of tickets,but i'm mere mortal who doesn't know why such an act gets to play with the no1 band it was like chalk and cheese!
i think they would of been better me taking some karaoke backing tracks and warm up ub40 and i would of done it for nothing in front of 100,000 no prob,but in front 10 people and they don't dig your music much more difficult.
roll on uk tour!
neil aka bbb :

paulB40
24th May 2005, 10:52 AM
init...

graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/friends.gif graemlins/beer.gif

happyukman 1981
24th May 2005, 02:51 PM
do you know when i started this post it was only a little question its nice to see it got people talking i will give you a name for the future , not neccesserily as a support but this bloke will rock the reggae world ..... nick barrett briliant voice fantastic lyrics . keep your ears to the ground folks . B.T if you have heard of him just a nod will do lol graemlins/smokin.gif graemlins/smokin.gif

Steve Skeggs
24th May 2005, 09:28 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sean Lutwyche:
Aswad
Musical Sniper
Sean Paul
Madness/Specials/Beat etc
Bitty McLean
Pato Banton
Inner Circle

Just thoughts :D :D <hr></blockquote>


The specials and the beat would be most excellent!!