PDA

View Full Version : New Single Question

Julio Marchena
18th May 2005, 08:47 PM
Hello friends, I'm trying to pre-order the new single but I've found that there are 2 new releases one that includes theses songs:

1. Kiss And Say Goodbye
2. Gotta Tell Someone
3. Shotta Dub (Instrumental)
4. Kiss And Say Goodbye (Enhanced Video)

And another one with only two:

1. Kiss And Say Goodbye
2. Gotta Tell Someone

Both for £3.99 at: AMAZON.CO.UK/NEW_UB40_SINGLE (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=music&field-keywords=ub40/ref=xs_ap_l_xgl/202-3934999-6639808)

Strange, isn't it :confused: the same price but less songs in one.

Another confussion is about the cd that includes DVD, it has DVD's clips what does it mean? :confused: videos? or what? as far as I'm concerned if I put a CD into my DVD player it plays it, so what'll be the difference, pictures?, videos?

Well lots of questions, wanna hear the new production! I can wait, jeje

See ya later graemlins/smokin.gif

[ 18 May 2005: Message edited by: julio_ub40_peruvian_fan ]

[ 18 May 2005: Message edited by: julio_ub40_peruvian_fan ]</p>

Jolene
18th May 2005, 08:58 PM
Hello Julio!

I'm not sure why the 2 singles are the same price but I would go for the one with more songs on it. As for the dvd that comes with the new album, I dont know exactly what the clips are. i suppose it will be a surprise but yes, it will be something you watch on your tv. Maybe a video for K&SGB or clips of them rehearsing or recording the other songs?? I dont know but it should be great!

graemlins/love.gif Jolene

Julio Marchena
18th May 2005, 09:00 PM
So let's go with the DVD for 15 pounds!! A little bit expensive though... Anyway it values :D

UB40IB32
18th May 2005, 11:05 PM
you can also preorder the cd with dvd for 9,99 at www.cdwow.co.uk (http://www.cdwow.co.uk)

sparkler
18th May 2005, 11:35 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by julio_ub40_peruvian_fan:
Hello friends, I'm trying to pre-order the new single but I've found that there are 2 new releases one that includes theses songs:

1. Kiss And Say Goodbye
2. Gotta Tell Someone
3. Shotta Dub (Instrumental)
4. Kiss And Say Goodbye (Enhanced Video)

And another one with only two:

1. Kiss And Say Goodbye
2. Gotta Tell Someone

Both for £3.99 at: AMAZON.CO.UK/NEW_UB40_SINGLE (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=music&field-keywords=ub40/ref=xs_ap_l_xgl/202-3934999-6639808)

Strange, isn't it :confused: the same price but less songs in one.

Another confussion is about the cd that includes DVD, it has DVD's clips what does it mean? :confused: videos? or what? as far as I'm concerned if I put a CD into my DVD player it plays it, so what'll be the difference, pictures?, videos?

Well lots of questions, wanna hear the new production! I can wait, jeje

See ya later graemlins/smokin.gif

[ 18 May 2005: Message edited by: julio_ub40_peruvian_fan ]

[ 18 May 2005: Message edited by: julio_ub40_peruvian_fan ]<hr></blockquote>

Wait for it!!! "Will someone order it for me and I will pay them?"

Dont do it- blimmin conned me thats for sure........Oh well, u live and learn!!

Julio Marchena
19th May 2005, 04:30 AM
Thanxs for your advice Jesica but Perú doesn't appear in their countries list. I'll have to pay more at amazon.co.uk :(

UBMine
19th May 2005, 10:26 AM
The enhanced videos on CD singles are usually CD-ROMs, i.e. will only play on computers.

The songs on each single are also usually different edits such as a Radio Version or some sort of dance or extended mix.

I always go for the one with the video on it personally!

Have pre-ordered the album (with bonus DVD) via www.CD-WOW.com, (http://www.CD-WOW.com,) can't wait!

UBLutwyche
19th May 2005, 11:17 AM
Right this is the reason why there are 2 different singles!!

---------

First of all the ruling body of the charts, The Official UK Charts Company made some changes to what was being allowed to count for the charts, resulting in s different type of CD single.

The main change was the introduction of the 2-track CD Single. You will notice that this is similar to the old style vinyl singles which had an A side and a B side. Some will notice also that is similar to the French CD Singles hence the "CD2 titres" which has been around for a long time. They should be retailed at a lower price usually £1.99, not £3.99 like Amazon. And the 2-track on Amazon should be cheaper than the 3-track. Maybe someone should email them. Also the 2-track single should run for no longer than 10 minutes and have no extras, just and A-side and a B-side.

They have also made/making some restrictions on the normal CD single. The limits will still be 3-tracks but with some exceptions. If the single feature "solely" a lead track plus remixes of the same track. For example say you had a single of Kiss And Say Goodbye, and had remixes of KASG, including no other track at all, no b-sides, just that track and ITS remixes, then it can run to 40 minutes. I believe it currently is still a limit of 20 minutes.

All this is just to revitalise the current chart. Most people would buy the 2-track single as its cheaper than the other. Therefore more people will be buying. Some people will buy both though :D :D

They are also changing/have changed the limit of videos to 2, instead of 1. Don't forget there are still a lot Double-A-Sides being released. And there is usually a video for each single. So thats probably why they changed it to 2.

:D :D

bt/ub40
19th May 2005, 11:55 AM
thanks sean......i did'nt know that.. :o it changes all the time and all im interested in is the music,i know i should pay more attention.
BT