PDA

View Full Version : Meeting up at the Manchester Gig ??

Many Rivers
18th May 2005, 08:32 PM
Guys & Gals, I have purchased tickets for Manchester (and Brum) and was wondering if anyone was planning on meeting up in nearby pubs for a pre-concert drinkeepoo's for the 9th Dec Manchester gig. I will be travelling up from Rugby and collecting my mate from Ellesmere Port on the way up and hope to arrive around lunch time. One of the concerts we went to in Sheffield some years ago, the night before the concert all the surrounding pubs were playing UB40 music and the were hoards of fans around in UB t-shirts and hats. The atmosphere was fab and a much better build up to the concert than Jamaroqui provided. I realise that lots of you have long-standing friendships and will probably be meeting anyway but would love to be a part of the buzz. graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/friends.gif graemlins/beer.gif

Helena
18th May 2005, 08:36 PM
yeah that would be nice. i'm sure a few of us will meet up. we got over 7 months to decide where and when though lol. graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

STING
18th May 2005, 11:02 PM
aye, i'm up for owt, though my poor friend, mandy , will be driving, so no drinkypoohs for her!!!! :eek: graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

Many Rivers
19th May 2005, 11:08 PM
It would be great if we could arrange something nearer the time, make a day of it, we are going to be staying overnight in Manchester and just want to make the UB40 experience last as long as possible. graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncepurple.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncepurple.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif

STING
19th May 2005, 11:16 PM
i'll ask my mate, who lives in manchester, where she suggest we go that's near the venue so we can meet up. anyone else interested. come on yer mardy sods!!! :D :D

Many Rivers
19th May 2005, 11:23 PM
Thanks for replying Sting, glad to have the support of an established loonie. I was beginning to get paranoid - have only created 2 new posts and Helena was the only one who answered last time. Though maybe I had a bogey hanging from my nose or something ?? graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

RobinsGirl
20th May 2005, 10:40 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sting:
i'll ask my mate, who lives in manchester, where she suggest we go that's near the venue so we can meet up. anyone else interested. come on yer mardy sods!!! :D :D <hr></blockquote>

You can count me in! A beer or two (or three or four..) can never be wrong and I would love to meet all you loonies! graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/smokin.gif