PDA

View Full Version : UB40 Sales Credits

Dr Lee
18th May 2005, 01:15 AM
No I am not trying to return a T-Shirt! , wanted your thoughts or facts on following:
We live in a global market place which means we can purchase just about anything from anywhere. With respect to UB40 catalogue/material and on-line purchasing I wondered how sales were tracked and represented country to country. For example CDWOW, seem to offer a good service/ price and deliver anywhere. Me in Auz buying say "who you fighting for?" gets delivered here right...if they purchase/ distribute from say Hong Kong..are CDwow obliged to record the destination? get it?......Even if they did there has to be scores of others who wont..so country sales will become more and more unreliable...and it can only get worse....what do you think?

rachelbutler
18th May 2005, 01:49 AM
Yeah I see what your saying!! We've bought imports before and who know's if they are ever recorded as an overseas purchase or not!!

Strictly speaking about Oz the easiest way I think to track sales on merchandise is by the manufacturer/distributer keeping track of the units sold in their respective regions, ie EMI Australasia for us in Oz.

Peeps who pre-order overseas I think are dedicated yes, but en masse in Australia, I wouldn't think so would you?

MAYBETOMORROW
18th May 2005, 01:56 AM
I don't tend to pre-order from overseas, I'm more likely to place a local order with JB Hi-Fi as their service is generally OK.

:)

butler
18th May 2005, 09:13 AM
I got the Oracabessa cuts from Singapore or was it the phillipenes can't remember I think it was Singapore not even sure if that c.d got an oZ release I wonder how many of the 3,333 were recorded as AustralAsia units shifted, my brain hurts :D graemlins/laff.gif

Also is the Nu Skool Excursion part of that number? the 3,333 now I'm realy tired

[ 18 May 2005: Message edited by: butler ]</p>