PDA

View Full Version : UB MP3

Omodumbi II
16th May 2005, 11:08 AM
Please correct me if I am wrong or if this topic has been discussed too many times.

From what I understand is that UB40 protects there cd's from being copied illegal. This is to prevent loss of income which I fully understand. My question, I travel a lot and I have bought a MP3 player recently so that I do not have to carry hundreds of cd's and dvd's with me. Now of course I also want to put all my UB40 cd's on the player. How can I do that without having to buy the CD's and then also having to pay for the MP3's?

Any ideas?

Helena
16th May 2005, 11:10 AM
can't you just copy yer CDs onto the MP3 player software?

Omodumbi II
16th May 2005, 11:11 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Helena:
can't you just copy yer CDs onto the MP3 player software?<hr></blockquote>

I dont know, I thought their cd's were protected. But as I am not a computer expert you could be right.

[ 16 May 2005: Message edited by: Omodumbi II ]</p>

bothsidestory
16th May 2005, 11:12 AM
always put my ub cd's onto my pc, never had a problem cos i have an mp3 player aswell, useful things

Mick_f
16th May 2005, 11:13 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Omodumbi II:
Please correct me if I am wrong or if this topic has been discussed too many times.

From what I understand is that UB40 protects there cd's from being copied illegal. This is to prevent loss of income which I fully understand. My question, I travel a lot and I have bought a MP3 player recently so that I do not have to carry hundreds of cd's and dvd's with me. Now of course I also want to put all my UB40 cd's on the player. How can I do that without having to buy the CD's and then also having to pay for the MP3's?

Any ideas?<hr></blockquote> ok im kinda confused you ask how to put your ub40 cd's on without having to buy them do you have the cd's ?????

Omodumbi II
16th May 2005, 11:15 AM
Of course I have the CD's! I only thought that they were protected against copying.

Mick_f
16th May 2005, 11:16 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Omodumbi II:
Of course I have the CD's! I only thought that they were protected against copying.<hr></blockquote>

ok in that case all you need do is rip them to your pc you can do it through windows media player then just transfer to your mp3 player :D

*Cookie*
16th May 2005, 11:18 AM
load the cds onto your pc, and then save them in my music file, plug mp3 player into pc, right click the cd title in the music file you will get a list of options scroll down to send to, scroll across to the name of your mp3 player and click, they will then upload to your mp3 player, its ok to copy them this way as they are for your personal use, and you have the originals on cd
:D

Omodumbi II
16th May 2005, 11:19 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by micky_f:

ok in that case all you need do is rip them to your pc you can do it through windows media player then just transfer to your mp3 player :D <hr></blockquote>

Thanks!
So they are not protected!

Case closed!

UB40IB32
16th May 2005, 11:22 AM
as far as I know only the newest cd's are protected btw

Helena
16th May 2005, 11:24 AM
i copied all my CDs onto my ipod software ok. don't think they're protected in any way. graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

Omodumbi II
16th May 2005, 11:25 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by UB40 IB32:
as far as I know only the newest cd's are protected btw<hr></blockquote>

Thats what I thought!
Is it still possible to copy them to MP3?

*Cookie*
16th May 2005, 11:30 AM
copied all my latest cds no problem :D

Helena
16th May 2005, 11:35 AM

Thats what I thought!
Is it still possible to copy them to MP3?<hr></blockquote>

I have never not been able to copy a CD and my collection includes old and new. graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

Skirge, The Chef
16th May 2005, 11:44 AM
There are some protected music CD's some trojan CD's are protected I have a Ken Boothe and John Holt cd's that can not be ripped unless they are cracked. Pisses me off somewhat as you ARE allowed to back up your origonals or rip them to mp3 for your ipods n stuff.
If you rip a protected audio cd with winmedia the tracks will break up you need to use propper ripping software.
I use this one (http://www.mp3towav.org/GoGo-CD-Ripper/)
However I have not ever had any trouble ripping UB40 albums using win media player..

If you want to copy an origonal cd so you can have a copy say in ya car then I use clonecd (http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonecd.html) to copy and cd on the fly. If it is a protected CD then I use cloneyxxl (http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/CD-DVD-Images-Utils/ClonyXXL.shtml) this will get shot of most protection and allow you to launch clonecd and then copy the disc..

[ 16 May 2005: Message edited by: Skirge ]</p>

Omodumbi II
16th May 2005, 11:56 AM
Thanxz everyone!
graemlins/beer.gif

jamesthomas24
16th May 2005, 06:54 PM
its really easy,i copied loads of my ub40 songs to my mp3,and i ent very good on computer,so if i can do it anyone can

The Prisoner
16th May 2005, 06:57 PM
Alternatively visit www.ub40.mp3 (http://www.ub40.mp3) (When it is finished...lol)

Pris. graemlins/smokin.gif

UBLutwyche
16th May 2005, 07:09 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ThePrisoner:
Alternatively visit www.ub40.mp3 (http://www.ub40.mp3) (When it is finished...lol)

Pris. graemlins/smokin.gif <hr></blockquote>

graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

BIG HEAD!!