PDA

View Full Version : *Brass in Pocket* doesn't it just give you the sh*ts..

rachelbutler
16th May 2005, 03:35 AM
..when you see one of your ALL time fav songs turned into a commercial tune for Special 'K' brekky bars!! just cause it's got 'special' in the lyrics.

Has a UB40 tune ever been used to sell a commercial PRODUCT - Can't think of one down here - what about up top (closer to home).

Oh and getting back to "Brass in Pocket" can anyone dumb down these lyrics for me "gotta new skank, so reet", still after all these years I haven't got a monkey's but then I don't get out much graemlins/laff.gif

ausiedeb
16th May 2005, 07:53 AM
G'day Rach! Been singing the wrong lyrics to Brass In Pocket since it was released! still cant figure it out! :D

Only tune I can remember Ub40 doing was theme tune for that kiddies programme (Me and You, You and Me.. think thats wrong but ya know what I mean)

AAARRGGGHHH commercials., one of the reasons I watch cable tv! ;) graemlins/laff.gif

graemlins/beer.gif

Helena
16th May 2005, 09:05 AM
sure i remember something about Baby Come Back being used on a DFS advert but i guess thats not actually UB40. graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

*Cookie*
16th May 2005, 09:08 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Helena:
[b]sure i remember something about Baby Come Back being used on a DFS advert but i guess thats not actually UB40. :mad:

STING
16th May 2005, 09:09 AM
aye what ARE the lyrics to brass in pocket? they mek no sense to me either. graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

Sarah.K
16th May 2005, 09:11 AM
I think Red red wine was used for Sainsburys afew years back and Here I am was used in the states for something...maybe Burger king or sommat if i remember right?

UB40IB32
16th May 2005, 09:47 AM
http://www.musiclinks.nl/P/Pretenders/songtekst-Brass-in-pocket-L5859.html

here the lyrics :D

Mick_f
16th May 2005, 09:50 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Helena:
sure i remember something about Baby Come Back being used on a DFS advert but i guess thats not actually UB40. graemlins/bouncegrey.gif <hr></blockquote>

There was more of the ubies in it then Pato Banton lol so it could count

butler
16th May 2005, 09:50 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by C00k1e:

yeah it was, wasnt really ub40 but it was close enuff for other half to take the pee everytime it came on!! :mad: <hr></blockquote>

graemlins/laff.gif He's a mans man....

ausiedeb
16th May 2005, 12:57 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by UB40 IB32:
http://www.musiclinks.nl/P/Pretenders/songtekst-Brass-in-pocket-L5859.html

here the lyrics :D <hr></blockquote>

Jessica, I really appreciate you putting those lyric links up! Yep, I admit, after all these years... I got them totally wrong, now I can sing the CORRECT lyrics! :D graemlins/laff.gif

graemlins/beer.gif

Rossy
16th May 2005, 12:59 PM
Red Red Wine was used as a Supermarket Advert a few years ago

Rossy :) :) :)

UB40IB32
16th May 2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by aussiedeb

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr> Jessica, I really appreciate you putting those lyric links up! Yep, I admit, after all these years... I got them totally wrong, now I can sing the CORRECT lyrics!

<hr></blockquote>

your welcome :D graemlins/beer.gif

JorisJ
16th May 2005, 01:04 PM
"I Got You Babe" (ub40 version) was used in a Canadian cellular advert, "Homely Girl" for a french/uk advert for Lee Cooper jeans, and yes "Here I Am" for Burger King in the usa. UB40 also did some additional music for the BBC soccer program "Standing Room Only" and "Keep On Moving" was used for a BBC Annual Report advert.

JJ

UBLutwyche
16th May 2005, 01:23 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JorisJ:
"I Got You Babe" (ub40 version) was used in a Canadian cellular advert, "Homely Girl" for a french/uk advert for Lee Cooper jeans, and yes "Here I Am" for Burger King in the usa. UB40 also did some additional music for the BBC soccer program "Standing Room Only" and "Keep On Moving" was used for a BBC Annual Report advert.

JJ<hr></blockquote>

There's alweays one isn't there :D

STING
16th May 2005, 01:31 PM
cheers for pretenders lyrics. i'd got most of em right anyway!!!! :D

rachelbutler
16th May 2005, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the input guys, Joris your knowledge of this stuff is scary (but in a good way lol!!).

I think using these tunes to sell 'stuff' kinda sucks for me only cause I tend to associate the song with the product after awhile. Hadn't realised UBtunes had been used for so many.

By the way if anyone figures out what the line in 'Brass in Pocket' - "Got a new skank, sooo reet" means give us a SHOUT!!

graemlins/friends.gif graemlins/friends.gif graemlins/friends.gif

stubby
16th May 2005, 02:18 PM
I love "The Cure" and now "Love Cats" is being used for a bloody cat food advert. it P..... me off no end! I know what you mean Rach.

elaine2005
16th May 2005, 04:47 PM
LOVE Brass in pocket ... TOP TUNE !!!

Jack
16th May 2005, 06:13 PM
Also did'nt Mrs Thatcher use "One in Ten" as the Tory party anthem back in the eighties....

:D ;)

Jack
graemlins/smokin.gif

MAYBETOMORROW
17th May 2005, 06:19 AM
RaceyB, have you seen the advert that's been on this week for another cereal bar and the tune is "Pass The Dutchie"?!?!

:cool:

butler
17th May 2005, 09:29 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jack:
Also did'nt Mrs Thatcher use "One in Ten" as the Tory party anthem back in the eighties....

:D ;)

Jack
graemlins/smokin.gif <hr></blockquote>

That would have gone down like a turd in a swimming pool...

Good Ambition
17th May 2005, 09:39 AM
"Chrissy Hoynde!" .........yep, love the song......great voice...and anyone who's sung with UB40 AND The Specials is eternally cool to me, anyway. :D graemlins/smokin.gif

[ 17 May 2005: Message edited by: Good Ambition ]</p>

MAYBETOMORROW
17th May 2005, 09:43 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by butler:
That would have gone down like a turd in a swimming pool...<hr></blockquote>

You know I hate to agree with you on anything, but I will on this one :cool:

rachelbutler
17th May 2005, 11:17 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MAYBETOMORROW:
RaceyB, have you seen the advert that's been on this week for another cereal bar and the tune is "Pass The Dutchie"?!?!

:cool: <hr></blockquote>

Yeah Dave seen that one shits me muchily as well, specially that way too happy kid lol :roll:

[ 17 May 2005: Message edited by: RaceyB ]</p>

MAYBETOMORROW
17th May 2005, 11:25 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RaceyB:
Yeah Dave seen that one shits me muchily as well, specially that way too happy kid lol :roll:
<hr></blockquote>

....and I still don't want to buy any cereal bars!!
:roll: