PDA

View Full Version : UK TOUR SUPPORT

MMC
15th May 2005, 07:44 AM
Has anyone any ideas on who will support the boys on their UK tour this winter?
I think a U.S Louisiana based band called Henry Turner Jr & Flavor would be perfect for the support slot.
They sound excellent and are coming to the UK this winter so maybe a support slot on the UB40 UK tour is not out of the question!!
Take a look at their site at
http://www.icorp.net/flavor/band.htm
They would really get the crowd warmed up , unlike previous support bands on previous tours.
Thanks
MMC

[ 15 May 2005: Message edited by: MMC ]

[ 15 May 2005: Message edited by: MMC ]</p>

champane
15th May 2005, 07:53 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MMC:
Has anyone any ideas on who will support the boys on their UK tour this winter?
I think a U.S Louisiana based band called Henry Turner Jr & Flavor would be perfect for the support slot.
They sound excellent and are coming to the UK this winter so maybe a support slot on the UB40 UK tour is not out of the question!!
Take a look at their site at
http://www.icorp.net/flavor/band.htm

They would really get the crowd warmed up , unlike previous support bands on previous tours.
Thanks
MMC

[ 15 May 2005: Message edited by: MMC ]

[ 15 May 2005: Message edited by: MMC ]<hr></blockquote>

sorry no idea whos supporting the guys never heard of these guys before so they might be ok then they might not but to me it dont really matter i only go to see ub40 :D

btw welcome to the bb mate

graemlins/love.gif

*Cookie*
15th May 2005, 08:29 AM
dont know who support is, and not really bothered as thats bar time!!!!! and catch up with loonies time :D graemlins/smokin.gif

Matt Pacino
15th May 2005, 08:47 AM
I would love to see Goldie Looking Chain in the sopport slot ,Think alot of you who moaned about them at the RAH should lighten up , If you listen to their lirics they are light hearted & funny .Their sound is'nt much differnt to earl's tracks on recent albums but nobody moans about them.

UB40IB32
15th May 2005, 09:02 AM
don't know who the support act is it doesn't really matter to me it's UB40 I'm coming for
btw welcome to the bb MMC

champane
15th May 2005, 09:43 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by pacino:
I would love to see Goldie Looking Chain in the sopport slot ,Think alot of you who moaned about them at the RAH should lighten up , If you listen to their lirics they are light hearted & funny .Their sound is'nt much differnt to earl's tracks on recent albums but nobody moans about them.<hr></blockquote>

not having a go mate just not my cup of tea (each to there own)as i said i only go to see ub40 and i do know there are peeps here who really enjoyed goldie looking chain they even danced and had bril time but not for me btw welcome to the ub40 bb

graemlins/love.gif

Skirge, The Chef
15th May 2005, 10:05 AM
I dont think this is something we will find out for a while, the supports act/acts could be anyone really. I would like to think the lads will try to make it someone really special with this being their 25th year but hey whoever I really dont care I just wanna boogie to UB40 :D

Waltjo
15th May 2005, 10:59 AM
I don't care who the support act is!!! as Champers said I only go to see UB40 :cool: I couldn't agree more graemlins/smokin.gif graemlins/smokin.gif
And welcome to the board MMC graemlins/beer.gif

[ 15 May 2005: Message edited by: Waltjo ]</p>

janice
15th May 2005, 03:36 PM
ill b there surportin act :D

Rossy
15th May 2005, 03:50 PM
With all respect i cant be bothered with support acts!exxcept the Pretenders a few years ago
Rossy :) :) :)

oLdbOi
16th May 2005, 10:24 AM
remember the UB's started out 'supporting' the Pretenders...as bad as some can be (to some..personal choice)...they all deserve a listen up...new acts at least... :)

bOi

henryturnerjr
23rd December 2011, 04:24 AM
Henry turner jr and flavor from louisiana still are interested in opening for ub40 we have great reggae soul and funk and feel that we could do a great tour with them if given the chance

henry turner jr