PDA

View Full Version : Kiss And Say Goodbye On Ebay Now


Mick_f
14th May 2005, 03:42 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1057&item=4729316935&rd=1

ausiedeb
14th May 2005, 03:50 PM
ummmm... think I smell a rat... :eek: :confused:

Mick, did you look into this matter? any updates yet?

Mick_f
14th May 2005, 04:00 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ausiedeb:
ummmm... think I smell a rat... :eek: :confused:

Mick, did you look into this matter? any updates yet?<hr></blockquote>
No nothing as of yet

ubs4me
14th May 2005, 04:09 PM
WOT!!!!!!!!!!!! how much i looked at that 3 hours ago and it was 10.50 now its 23.50
.I wonder what the end price will be
:)

*Cookie*
14th May 2005, 04:11 PM
seller janes cds!!!!
no its not me!!! if i had that song on ced id of wron it out by now :D

Mick_f
14th May 2005, 04:29 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by C00k1e:
seller janes cds!!!!
no its not me!!! if i had that song on ced id of wron it out by now :D <hr></blockquote> Cant believe its on there already its not the first one either the album sampler was on there the other day

*Cookie*
14th May 2005, 04:41 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by micky_f:
Cant believe its on there already its not the first one either the album sampler was on there the other day<hr></blockquote>
why would you pay all that for it??? its out inthe shops in a few weeks!!! you could get loads of copies for that complete with b-sides
:D graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

ubs4me
14th May 2005, 04:49 PM
I do agree with you cookie its getting a bit silly now mind you thats the joys of auctions if more than 1 person wants it,it can go up to stupid money
-----------------------------
Big luv
kerry :)

[ 14 May 2005: Message edited by: ubs4me ]</p>

Mick_f
14th May 2005, 05:19 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ubs4me:
I do agree with you cookie its getting a bit silly now mind you thats the joys of auctions if more than 1 person wants it,it can go up to stupid money
-----------------------------
Big luv
kerry :)

[ 14 May 2005: Message edited by: ubs4me ]<hr></blockquote>
Its not just that as much as iwould love to get it now i would rather wait and get it official so the sale counts doing it like this is just taking away money etc from the group
:D

Skirge, The Chef
14th May 2005, 05:32 PM
Il ike the way it says rare, lol in a month or so it wont be rare it will be released, these jokers really need sorting out eBay has a hell of alot to answer for!

Mick_f
14th May 2005, 05:38 PM
PM For ya skirge graemlins/bouncered.gif

Helena
14th May 2005, 05:46 PM
jesus thats expensive. someone must really really want it lol. graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

Skirge, The Chef
14th May 2005, 05:59 PM
PM back Mick :D

Mick_f
14th May 2005, 06:10 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Skirge:
PM back Mick :D <hr></blockquote>

Got it :D

UB40 FILES
14th May 2005, 08:13 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by C00k1e:

why would you pay all that for it??? its out inthe shops in a few weeks!!! you could get loads of copies for that complete with b-sides
:D graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif <hr></blockquote>


Hi Cookie
you Can't buy this one in the shops

Couse this is the PROMO disc graemlins/smokin.gif graemlins/smokin.gif

Helena
14th May 2005, 08:46 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ub40 Files:



Hi Cookie
you Can't buy this one in the shops

Couse this is the PROMO disc graemlins/smokin.gif graemlins/smokin.gif <hr></blockquote>

what cookie means is that this promo containes just 1 song and this exact same song will be in the shops soon for a fraction of the price and with 1 or 2 additional tracks. so it's hard to believe someone would spend so much money on it thats all.

Rossy
14th May 2005, 09:04 PM
There is no Rats involved
DJs and record shops etc get sent them its up to them what they do with them
Rossy :) :) :)

Frankie
14th May 2005, 09:15 PM
It's a collectors item ... same as the glass cubes. The people that collect these will not be taking sales away as they will no doubt also go and buy both different versions of the single when it comes out in a few weeks. Then they'll start looking for the same thing from different countries aswell. I've got Very Best Of cd fron about 8 different countries. Each one is unique as it has different track listings on each one depending upon what promoters feel are the most popular tracks in those countries. Hence why the first few of these promo's go for silly money

graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bouncepurple.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif graemlins/bounceblack.gif

UB40 FILES
14th May 2005, 10:58 PM
Your right Frankie graemlins/friends.gif

ausiedeb
15th May 2005, 03:39 AM
well, I'm with Mick on this one.. I'm just hoping it doesn't get to the download sites before the record is released! as Mick said.. its not fair on the band. :(

*Cookie*
15th May 2005, 08:02 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Helena:


what cookie means is that this promo containes just 1 song and this exact same song will be in the shops soon for a fraction of the price and with 1 or 2 additional tracks. so it's hard to believe someone would spend so much money on it thats all.<hr></blockquote>

thanx helena glad someone understood where i was coming from :)

UBLutwyche
15th May 2005, 10:30 AM
Regardless of whether the promo goes for 99p or 1000, the band are not gonna lose any money from it. The promos are firstly GIVEN to DJs etc by Virgin and EMI. As Rossy once they get them they can do what they want with them. ALthough Virgin and EMI state that you shall transfer or resell etc. Its copyright isn't it. But copyright generally says not copy CDs, broadcast, hire etc. But I can guarantee that evertone on here as downloaded at least one mp3 in their life and of UB40.

So as I say the band don't lose any many from promos. But as Joris said before they just lose airplay (which is as good as money i suppose) :(

But we are hard core UB40 fans so we will get anything thats available. Wouldn't rather it in the hands of UB40 fans or people who just want to make money out of it ? I know I would rather have it in my hand ;)

Skirge, The Chef
15th May 2005, 10:37 AM
I have not downloaded it but I do have the mp3 rip I did from the BRMB radio broadcast. I will be buying the single anyway like most on here will be. These promo CD's are handed out to get the new single airplay and not to be sold on eBay for a fkn stupid ammount when the single will be out soon anyway. I am so shocked that it has gone up to such an ammount but I am sure if DEP/EMI/Virgin wanted to act on this they could.
There must be a legal situation with radio stations that they cannot sell the promo's atleast until the CD rlease.
Although I love eBay and think its a great place for a bargain they really do need much more control over what is sold on there, you try and sell some hardcore porn they would be on you like a shot, so why do these rip off merchants get away with it?
WE need to complain its the only way to try and stop this kind of thing....

UBLutwyche
15th May 2005, 10:51 AM
Of course, I will go out and buy the single as well, as most of us on would, even if we had the whole album on mp3. I wouldn't feel right anyway, not having the original, and knowing that I'm not actually supporting the band.

There has been 5 kasg promos on ebay so far.
The first went for just under 11
The second went for just 12.50 (5 bids)
The third one went for just under 11
The fourth one went for 3.99 :D
The fifth one went for 26 :D I doubt the promos will get sold on again if they are collectors. They must be collectors or UB40 fans as you would not pay that amount of money for a promo, knowing that the value of it will go down in a matte of weeks, and you will certanly not your moneyback thatyou paid.

Mick_f
15th May 2005, 11:27 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sean Lutwyche:
Of course, I will go out and buy the single as well, as most of us on would, even if we had the whole album on mp3. I wouldn't feel right anyway, not having the original, and knowing that I'm not actually supporting the band.

There has been 5 kasg promos on ebay so far.
The first went for just under 11
The second went for just 12.50 (5 bids)
The third one went for just under 11
The fourth one went for 3.99 :D
The fifth one went for 26 :D I doubt the promos will get sold on again if they are collectors. They must be collectors or UB40 fans as you would not pay that amount of money for a promo, knowing that the value of it will go down in a matte of weeks, and you will certanly not your moneyback thatyou paid.<hr></blockquote>

You missed the album sampler that was on there also graemlins/laff.gif

Geert67
15th May 2005, 01:49 PM
You have no respect for the band.

[ 15 May 2005: Message edited by: Gurkie ]</p>

UBLutwyche
15th May 2005, 10:26 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Gurkie:
You have no respect for the band.

[ 15 May 2005: Message edited by: Gurkie ]<hr></blockquote>

Who has no respect for the band ?

Geert67
16th May 2005, 11:38 AM
Oops, I dont want to hurt your feelings.

Perhaps I must say, it seems to be youve no respect when there is someone who selling UB-stuff on the internet while its even out yet.

UBLutwyche
16th May 2005, 11:59 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Gurkie:
Oops, I dont want to hurt your feelings.

Perhaps I must say, it seems to be youve no respect when there is someone who selling UB-stuff on the internet while its even out yet.<hr></blockquote>

The single may not be out yet, but the promos are tho :D

I would get the promos for my own personal use because I'm an impatient so-and-s0. If I had the promos I wouldn't plan to sel them off for mega money. I wouldn't rip the track off the CD to put to MP3 and make available for everybody to download.

Don't you lot get it. I bet 95% of the people on the BB own at least one promo of UB40. Whats the difference whether you buy the CD before its officially released or after. IF you're gonna buy it, then buy it.

How many of you have downloaded the radio version of kiss and say goodbye mp3. ALmost everyone. If I bought the promo, which was officially released by Virgin/EMI. How is that different. How is that ripping the band off. How is that disrespecting the band??

If buying the promo is disrespecting the band, then so is downloading the mp3 that was available for us to download.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr> Copyright law by EMI:
Please remember that this recording is protected by copyright law. Since you don't own the copyright, its not yours to distribute. Please don't use internet services that promote the illegal distribution of copyrighted music , give away illegal copies of discs to others for copying. Its hurting the artists who created the music. It has the same effect as stealing a disc from a store without paying for it. <hr></blockquote>

If people are gonna be slated for buying the promos, then everyone is guilty of downloading the radio version. And they are thieves aswell. :roll:

[ 16 May 2005: Message edited by: Sean Lutwyche ]</p>

UBLutwyche
16th May 2005, 02:11 PM
BTTT :D

Helena
16th May 2005, 02:15 PM
don't worry about it sean your not doin anything wrong. we know you wouldn't abuse it by making it available to everyone for download. as long as these promos get into the right hands - i.e. the fans, then it's ok - it's when they get into the hands of none fans who wanna make a bit of cash or who decide to make them available for the world and his wife to download that it gets a bit dodgy. graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

UBLutwyche
16th May 2005, 02:36 PM
Thanks Helena :D ) by the last few months, judging folks has not got us anywhere. It has caused a lot of friction, even between old friends. If we don't learn from our mistakes, etc then the BB is gonna be torn apart.

George Michael had closed down his bulletin board last year, because he found that fans had to constantly stick him for up and too many people were getting hurt, and loas of friction etc. The same here. People are constantly backing up UB40. We shoudln't need to keep doing this is. This is a UB40 bulletin board.

REMEMBER...JUST BE GOOD :D AND ENJOY THE MUSIC OF UB40. IF YOU FIND YOURSELF CONSTANTLY BACKING UP THE BAND TO CERTAIN PEOPLE, THEN THOSE CERTAIN PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BE HERE

graemlins/bounce.gif

Mick_f
16th May 2005, 02:46 PM
I dont think anyone is personally having a go at you sean and please if ever its come across that way from me accept my appologies its wasnt intended to be that way :D .Like everyone else my worries with the ebay thing is the wrong people getting hold of the album/single for the wrong reason :D :D

Mike.
16th May 2005, 02:52 PM
I work in a Record shop in Redcar. The promo arrives for us next week and I'll be having it straight away :)

rachelbutler
16th May 2005, 02:53 PM
Sean I haven't read alot of posts lately where UB40 has needed to be backed-up but I think this board goes through stages where the bulletin board turns into the bully board then into the boring board and then it all comes back to nice again when it turns into the Brian board.

Don't sweat it, ubkool graemlins/friends.gif cheeky but kool

UBLutwyche
16th May 2005, 02:54 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mike:
I work in a Record shop in Redcar. The promo arrives for us next week and I'll be having it straight away :) <hr></blockquote>

:D :D :D

I received my kasg promo this morning. Sounds better than the radio version.

Will be receiveing the album promo this week aswell graemlins/bounce.gif

Can't wait!!

[ 16 May 2005: Message edited by: Sean Lutwyche ]</p>

Mike.
16th May 2005, 02:56 PM
graemlins/laff.gif It's ok! I'll be getting my own copy through anyway sean!!

Can't wait!

We had that bloody Crazy Frog promo in last week...one of the local DJ's was waiting OUTSIDE the shop when I opened up to come in and buy it!! graemlins/laff.gif

UBLutwyche
16th May 2005, 02:57 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mike:
[b] :D

Geert67
16th May 2005, 04:37 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sean Lutwyche:
[b]

If people are gonna be slated for buying the promos, then everyone is guilty of downloading the radio version. And they are thieves aswell. :(
I dont realized the impact on my message. Sorry again and hope you feel much beter now. :D

UBLutwyche
16th May 2005, 04:42 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Gurkie:


Im really sorry :(
I dont realized the impact on my message. Sorry again and hope you feel much beter now. :D <hr></blockquote>

No worries :D

The Prisoner
16th May 2005, 07:08 PM
Just to set the record straight.....

I was the bidder who put my max bid in as 25, somone else outbid me.....shit happens.

Got the new tune sent to me anyway now by someone who has already got the promo (will remain nameless), and it rules!!!!!!

Playing loud to annoy the neigbours.....


Pris. graemlins/smokin.gif

UBHammer
16th May 2005, 08:14 PM
I don't think the UB's are in it for the money anymore do you?

graemlins/smokin.gif graemlins/smokin.gif graemlins/smokin.gif graemlins/smokin.gif graemlins/smokin.gif