PDA

View Full Version : where are the people with lol?

dutchy
13th May 2005, 09:21 PM
2 old posts from me and they getting worked up, i thought ub40 fans where more into fun than nagging all the time.
Time for me to read and not write again.

dutchy

UBloonie Stephen
13th May 2005, 09:22 PM
good idea.

dutchy
13th May 2005, 09:25 PM
This is what i mean, should be boring at fanfest to i guess, i am happy we dutch are more laid back.

Mick_f
13th May 2005, 09:27 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dutchy:
2 old posts from me and they getting worked up, i thought ub40 fans where more into fun than nagging all the time.
Time for me to read and not write again.

dutchy<hr></blockquote>
Its nice to sit now and then and go through the old posts yes but they dont need answering or bringing to the surface after all this time it just confuses people and knock off prob more important post
:D

NEPCHOON ROSE
13th May 2005, 09:35 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dutchy:
This is what i mean, should be boring at fanfest to i guess, i am happy we dutch are more laid back.<hr></blockquote>

fanfest is a joy to behold...been 3 years running hoping to make number 4...never seen you there so unless YOU HAVE MASTERED the jedi mind ( i use the word mind in this post with jest) trick...how would you know it was boring

dutchy
13th May 2005, 10:21 PM
because this is the thing keeps me away from fanfest, everytime i come on people jump on me, and i only posted 600 post over the last 5 yrs
Chatroom was in early days crowded till peple started scaring others away.
Being outspoken on here is not appreciated, if a song is not good it isn't good.
song kiss and say goodbye for example is not brill, but i don't want to put it on because they will cuss me, well better stop i can list so many things

Mick_f
13th May 2005, 10:25 PM
is this not a free country and other people are entitled to there opinions just as you are its just some have different ways of expressing themselves but annoying people wont help so lets keep it friendly :D graemlins/friends.gif

dutchy
13th May 2005, 10:27 PM
me annoying? over 2 old posts? wtf get real

UBLutwyche
13th May 2005, 10:27 PM
because this is the thing keeps me away from fanfest, everytime i come on people jump on me, and i only posted 600 post over the last 5 yrs
Chatroom was in early days crowded till peple started scaring others away.
Being outspoken on here is not appreciated, if a song is not good it isn't good.
song kiss and say goodbye for example is not brill, but i don't want to put it on because they will cuss me, well better stop i can list so many things<hr></blockquote>

I hear what your saying mate. I've been registered on the BB since November and I have spotted a big difference in peoples attitude already. Everyone is constantly monaning, whinging and sla gging people off all the time. I mean, if anyone makes a false move you have everyone on your back. All you did was bring 2 posts from 2000. It fooled people aswell, thats what was funny. Its hardly crime of the century I know. But thats the people on the BB for you :( They make little things into big things. God help you if you brought another post back :roll:

gaynorubfan05
13th May 2005, 10:29 PM
we are all friendly on this board and
we all got our own views on things there are no right or wrong on any of them of these topic

from gaynor

dutchy
13th May 2005, 10:35 PM
you are right sean, i thought reggae lovers where more laid back to, and could stand critics.
I like ub40 very much a long time, but when a song sux it sux, sound is ok though from kiss and say goodbye, on the other hand again a louzy cover, some songs shouldn't be covered, like this one and also the every breath you take song, only red red wine and can't help falling in love where brill at that time, and all the lol albums are cool to, but light my fire, every breath you take and kiss and say goodbye sucks,where is the time of guns in the ghetto, that was a brill album.
But anyway thnx for your support sean.

graemlins/beer.gif dutchy

dutchy
13th May 2005, 10:36 PM
lol i will speak to you over a year gaynor lol

UBLutwyche
13th May 2005, 10:39 PM
you are right sean, i thought reggae lovers where more laid back to, and could stand critics.
I like ub40 very much a long time, but when a song sux it sux, sound is ok though from kiss and say goodbye, on the other hand again a louzy cover, some songs shouldn't be covered, like this one and also the every breath you take song, only red red wine and can't help falling in love where brill at that time, and all the lol albums are cool to, but light my fire, every breath you take and kiss and say goodbye sucks,where is the time of guns in the ghetto, that was a brill album.
But anyway thnx for your support sean.

graemlins/beer.gif dutchy<hr></blockquote>

Light My Fire, Every Breath You Take and Kiss And Say Goodbye. I have to disagree with you there. They are not lousy covers. I think they have taken so much of the band times and efforts into them. I think EBYT and KASG are awesome cover versions and they have made them their own.

But thats own opinions isn't it. But to save your throat being cut, I think if I were you, I would just say "I don't like them" and leave it at that graemlins/laff.gif

dutchy
13th May 2005, 10:43 PM
lol, yes point is also thos 2 are my favourite songs by original artist, i am a big sting fan also, and manhattans kasg is a very nice song to make luv to graemlins/beer.gif dutchy

dutchy
13th May 2005, 10:44 PM
anyway, a brill cover album is inner circle da covers, especialy rivers of babylon and have you ever seen the rain.

UBLutwyche
13th May 2005, 10:45 PM
[b]manhattans kasg is a very nice song to make luv to :eek: making love to such a sad song :eek:

graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

ubs4me
13th May 2005, 10:50 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by micky_f:
[b]is this not a free country and other people are entitled to there opinions just as you are its just some have different ways of expressing themselves but annoying people wont help so lets keep it friendly :)

UBLutwyche
13th May 2005, 10:50 PM
graemlins/friends.gif

dutchy
13th May 2005, 10:51 PM
graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif
? you laffin at me? who me? yes you? i am not laffin at you, who are you? me? who are you?are you talking to me?

UBLutwyche
13th May 2005, 10:55 PM
[b] :o Oh shit, its contagious :o

[ 13 May 2005: Message edited by: Sean Lutwyche ]</p>

Cherry Campbell
14th May 2005, 02:55 AM
ERE DUTCHY GO FOR IT..IF YOU DONT LIKE SOME TRACKS THATS YOUR OPINION..TELL IT LIKE IT IS..I PERSONALLY LIKE THOSE TRACKS BUT IF YOU DONT WHY SHOULDNT YOU SAY SO..GOOD ON YA!!

NO ACCOUNTING FOR TASTE THO graemlins/bigwink.gif

Jolene
14th May 2005, 03:10 AM
[b] ;)

graemlins/love.gif Jolene

Just Bianca
14th May 2005, 10:06 AM
This is what i mean, should be boring at fanfest to i guess, i am happy we dutch are more laid back.<hr></blockquote>

You go girl, dutchies are more fun!!!!!!!

Love Bianca

graemlins/beer.gif

dutchy
14th May 2005, 07:39 PM
girl? graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif
als ik m'n piem naar achter trek, lijkt er wel op dan lol.

willy
14th May 2005, 08:54 PM
Normally I don't post in this kind of posts, but let me say this (as a "dutchy") I don't think we are more fun (or less) I think we are all UB40-lovers and thats what connects us. If you like a song or you just don't like it, thats your own (personal) opinion and let it be that way, please!!!
Don't come on here and shout that all the others are crap or what other word you like to use. If you don't like the "british-fans"(or fans from other countries): stay away from this BB because there might be a possibility you find one here!!!

Before you post anything on here, just think of these words of some british reggae-band:

JUST BE GOOD TO EACHOTHER

jadloz
14th May 2005, 09:07 PM
I agree with dutchie this board is boring because people don't appreciate other people's opinions unless they r the same as their's & that's why I don't post on here very often.
I don't agree with you on the new cover though I think it's great..........but that's my opinion graemlins/bigwink.gif

graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

Spin And Lie
15th May 2005, 01:21 AM
Big Love everyone lets be happy :) :)

Dees
15th May 2005, 01:03 PM

SHUT UP Dutchy,

You give us Dutchys a bad name... ( :o )

...And btw FANFEST IS SUPER!!! :D

graemlins/love.gif Dees

Skirge, The Chef
15th May 2005, 01:35 PM
graemlins/smokin.gif All I have to say on the matter.

Just Bianca
15th May 2005, 04:46 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by willy:
Normally I don't post in this kind of posts, but let me say this (as a "dutchy") I don't think we are more fun (or less) I think we are all UB40-lovers and thats what connects us. If you like a song or you just don't like it, thats your own (personal) opinion and let it be that way, please!!!
Don't come on here and shout that all the others are crap or what other word you like to use. If you don't like the "british-fans"(or fans from other countries): stay away from this BB because there might be a possibility you find one here!!!

Before you post anything on here, just think of these words of some british reggae-band:

JUST BE GOOD TO EACHOTHER<hr></blockquote>

Sorry Willy, it was a joke, never thought some people take it so serious.

:roll:

gr.bianca

Tyler D
15th May 2005, 11:34 PM
dont worry Dees...Dutchy doesnt give you all a bad name...there is good and bad in all nationalities and us English have our fair share of the bad...Dutchy is a plonker but their are so many dutch fans who i have met and in my opinion are wonderful, fun loving beautiful people....perhaps dutchy is part english..pimp!!! :D

Dees
16th May 2005, 07:39 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Tyler D:
dont worry Dees...Dutchy doesnt give you all a bad name...there is good and bad in all nationalities and us English have our fair share of the bad...Dutchy is a plonker but their are so many dutch fans who i have met and in my opinion are wonderful, fun loving beautiful people....perhaps dutchy is part english..pimp!!! :D <hr></blockquote>

:eek: graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

graemlins/friends.gif

graemlins/love.gif

jac'z
16th May 2005, 11:03 AM
I agree with Dutchy, thats why I just read now and pm a few rather than post...its changed a lot since I first was here...
and Im a pome in oz before anyone says its something against the English
jac :eek: