PDA

View Full Version : new glass picture cubes

cheryl-anne
13th May 2005, 04:16 PM
bit pricey aint dey!i bought 1 of those cubes with a dolphin in it for 1.50!how can they sell something soooooo small for 33.49 more just cause its got a piccy of da band members in em.sounds to me like dey taking da piss!they say dat we r loyal fans+dat dey r proud of dey fans so...........why do they allways want more money off us+why do they never say thanx!dont get me wrong.....i luuuuurv ub40 but it would be nice if just once in a while they remembered that it was us that got them where they r 2day+that once in a while they said "thank you for supporting us over the years+we love you all"

tess
13th May 2005, 04:22 PM
they are collectors items,so one day(long long way away)when they have retired or passed on,34 will not seem alot when you could double your money-as they will be legends.

mind you i will have to pass them on to my kids as i shall be over the hill myself by then graemlins/laff.gif

from tess x graemlins/bouncepurple.gif graemlins/bouncepurple.gif graemlins/bouncepurple.gif

UBLutwyche
13th May 2005, 04:22 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by cheryl-anne:
bit pricey aint dey!i bought 1 of those cubes with a dolphin in it for 1.50!how can they sell something soooooo small for 33.49 more just cause its got a piccy of da band members in em.sounds to me like dey taking da piss!they say dat we r loyal fans+dat dey r proud of dey fans so...........why do they allways want more money off us+why do they never say thanx!dont get me wrong.....i luuuuurv ub40 but it would be nice if just once in a while they remembered that it was us that got them where they r 2day+that once in a while they said "thank you for supporting us over the years+we love you all"<hr></blockquote>

:D :D

sweetsensation
13th May 2005, 04:25 PM
I look on gigs as their way of saying thanks :)

[ 13 May 2005: Message edited by: sweetsensation ]</p>

cheryl-anne
13th May 2005, 04:34 PM
i thought they were legends already!but you still have to pay to see a gig dont you+they never say thak you for comming.ive been to a gig where theyve been misserable all the way through+didnt even get an encore+the gig was only 45mins long!i was crying at the end cause it was soooo dissapointing+i scinted myself to go there.having that im still a big fan......sad innit

sweetsensation
13th May 2005, 04:37 PM
Wow...been to a lot of UB gigs now and have never once thought they were miserable :( What gig was it? What tour?

UB40-Fan
13th May 2005, 04:42 PM
Been to a lot of gigs aswell and they where always very nice to there fans. Which gig was this?

Greetings Martijn graemlins/smokin.gif

cheryl-anne
13th May 2005, 04:44 PM
it was the labour of love 3 tour,in cardiff cia 1999.it is the only bad 1 though.the 1st 1 i went to i was spoilt cause i was in the front+ali was looking at me while he was singing so the bad 1 was really upsetting cause of the high ide already had.never mind eh life goes on lol

ubs4me
13th May 2005, 04:52 PM
I do agree with sweetsensation and ub40-fan, i have been to 4 gigs and not once have i been unhappy with it, please tell us what gig you were at
----------------------------------------
Big luv
kerry :)

*Cookie*
13th May 2005, 05:01 PM
ive never seen a bad gig!! been to a few where stuff has gone wrong, ie electrics! n robin shouting anyone got 50p for the meter :p

cheryl-anne
13th May 2005, 05:04 PM
just incase you all missed it,ile say it again lol...........cardiff cia 1999 the labour of love 3 tour.ive also been to 4 gigs+only 1 like i said was bad.perhaps i should try going to a different 1.they seem to do the same songs in every concert in cardiff.

Mick_f
13th May 2005, 05:04 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by C00k1e:
[b]ive never seen a bad gig!! been to a few where stuff has gone wrong, ie electrics! n robin shouting anyone got 50p for the meter :D

cheryl-anne
13th May 2005, 05:11 PM
yeah ali singing to me has got me on a high (permenantely) my poor hubby thinks he"s been made redundant lol

*Cookie*
13th May 2005, 05:15 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by micky_f:
[b]

OMG now that has to be a first lol a women saying shes not an Ali fan :(
those teeth :roll: gonna get lynched by the ali posse now graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

elaine2005
13th May 2005, 05:16 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by cheryl-anne:
bit pricey aint dey!i bought 1 of those cubes with a dolphin in it for 1.50!how can they sell something soooooo small for 33.49 more just cause its got a piccy of da band members in em.sounds to me like dey taking da piss!they say dat we r loyal fans+dat dey r proud of dey fans so...........why do they allways want more money off us+why do they never say thanx!dont get me wrong.....i luuuuurv ub40 but it would be nice if just once in a while they remembered that it was us that got them where they r 2day+that once in a while they said "thank you for supporting us over the years+we love you all"<hr></blockquote>

Well ... this is strange isnt it.
You reg'd to **** them off for charging too much for the cube things.

Hmmmmmm ......... lets think.

MAYBE if your ip was run through DA SYSTEM ;) ;)

editing cus my spelling gets worse every day :roll: lol

[ 13 May 2005: Message edited by: *elaine* ]</p>

*Cookie*
13th May 2005, 05:17 PM
n cheryl ment to say welcome,
and i dont like them glass cubes!!! think they are how can i put it, so i dont get scalped!
:D

elaine2005
13th May 2005, 05:20 PM
ps : i have paid hundreds over the past 12 months for blinkin chanel make up and prob thousands on perfume ( WHEN I HAD THE MONEY ) and that runs out ... those things can be kept.

TACKY COOK1E ???

Ah well , not to me they arent.

Plasy earrings and fake LV bags n purses are tacky. ;)

cheryl-anne
13th May 2005, 05:20 PM
thanx cookie. appreciate that.big luv

UBLutwyche
13th May 2005, 05:21 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by C00k1e:
n cheryl ment to say welcome,
and i dont like them glass cubes!!! think they are how can i put it, so i dont get scalped!
:D <hr></blockquote>

You moaning old fart :D

elaine2005
13th May 2005, 05:24 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhh SUSSED.... (http://www.crowwing.com/images/16%20kitchen%20table.JPG)

:roll:

*Cookie*
13th May 2005, 05:28 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by *elaine*
ps : i have paid hundreds over the past 12 months for blinkin chanel make up and prob thousands on perfume ( WHEN I HAD THE MONEY ) and that runs out ... those things can be kept.

<hr></blockquote>

never thought of that, would hate to add up how much i spend on dior lippy :eek:

TACKY COOK1E ???

to me! but then i dont do ornaments n stuff like that, im a minimal type must be why im an artist

"Plasy earrings and fake LV bags n purses are tacky. " awwww yuk

:eek:

graemlins/bouncegrey.gif c graemlins/bouncegrey.gif h graemlins/bouncegrey.gif a graemlins/bouncegrey.gif v graemlins/bouncegrey.gif s graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

Mick_f
13th May 2005, 05:35 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by *elaine*:
[b]

Well ... this is strange isnt it.
You reg'd to **** them off for charging too much for the cube things.

Hmmmmmm ......... lets think.

MAYBE if your ip was run through DA SYSTEM :D

elaine2005
13th May 2005, 05:44 PM
Yeah ok MICKY :cool:

Rossy
13th May 2005, 05:58 PM
Its the same as every thing these days its all about money
face it the lads Albums dont sell like they used too so they got to make ends meat some how!

Rossy :) :) :)

elaine2005
13th May 2005, 06:01 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rossy Boy:
Its the same as every thing these days its all about money
face it the lads Albums dont sell like they used too so they got to make ends meat some how!

Rossy :) :) :) <hr></blockquote>

There are a lot of them too.
So a lot of ends to MEET. ;)

cheryl-anne
13th May 2005, 06:03 PM
oh perleeeease rossyboy the lads got more than we will ever have lol

NEPCHOON ROSE
13th May 2005, 06:14 PM
rossy is a realist ;)

i kinda like the glass cube it is very nice i have a crystal ball with a buddah in it and i kind like that

UBLutwyche
13th May 2005, 06:25 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by NEPTUNE ROSE:
rossy is a realist ;)

i kinda like the glass cube it is very nice i have a crystal ball with a buddah in it and i kind like that<hr></blockquote>

Buddha? :eek:

You're comparing your buddha thingy with UB40 glass cubes. Which one do you think looks like Buddha then ? :eek:

NEPCHOON ROSE
13th May 2005, 06:35 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sean Lutwyche:

Buddha? :eek:

You're comparing your buddha thingy with UB40 glass cubes. Which one do you think looks like Buddha then ? :eek: <hr></blockquote>

is it a bird, is it a plane....nooooooooo nipple-clamp boy graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

not compering anything......just saying it is a thing of beauty like my buddha

Skirge, The Chef
13th May 2005, 06:39 PM
I can never say I have seen them in way at all being misrible at any gigs, in fact I very much doubt that there is any other band worldwide that has so much to do with their fans, at gigs and on a personal level.
I will be very proud to own these cubes, okay maybe a bit pricey but I bet they are better made than these ones bought from gift shops at seaside resorts. :D

UBLutwyche
13th May 2005, 06:48 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by NEPTUNE ROSE:

is it a bird, is it a plane....nooooooooo nipple-clamp boy graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

not compering anything......just saying it is a thing of beauty like my buddha<hr></blockquote>

OMG!! I haven't been called that in aaaages Nipple-Clamp Boy Awww! Bless you, Anne-Marie graemlins/friends.gif

caja
13th May 2005, 07:39 PM
"no but...yeh but"
love
chris xxx ;)

tess
13th May 2005, 07:49 PM
just incase you all missed it,ile say it again lol...........cardiff cia 1999 the labour of love 3 tour.ive also been to 4 gigs+only 1 like i said was bad.perhaps i should try going to a different 1.they seem to do the same songs in every concert in cardiff.<hr></blockquote>

i was at that concert and have been to many more at cardiff,sorry-i enjoyed every single minute,the guys were brilliant.

from tess x

tess
13th May 2005, 07:57 PM
anyway its not like they are asking you to buy them all at once,one a month at 34 is not asking a lot.
people spend that a night on drink when they go out and have nothing to show for it.

from tess x

*Cookie*
13th May 2005, 07:59 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by tess:
anyway its not like they are asking you to buy them all at once,one a month at 34 is not asking a lot.
people spend that a night on drink when they go out and have nothing to show for it.

from tess x<hr></blockquote>

sept a night hanging over toilet bowl, and a headache next day :D

Frankie
13th May 2005, 08:12 PM
Hmm ... should it really be about price? If you want it you'll buy it ... if you don't then don't. Why complain about it?

You obviously do want it or you wouldn't be complaining about the price so just bite the bullet and buy it. It looks like a lot of hard work has gone into these collectable items. Not like the cheap crappy 1.50 perspex dolphins you can buy at the market. All I can say is I'm looking forward to getting mine and getting the rest of the set.

How can you say 'what do we get in return?'. Now you really are talking crap. UB40 share with us, their fans, their love of music and they have devoted their lives to it. It's a give and take thing. You're right ... if it wasn't for us, they wouldn't be where they are now but if if wasn't for them then we wouldn't be huge UB40 fans either.

Now just go buy a cube

oh ... and welcome to the BB

graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bouncepurple.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif graemlins/bounceblack.gif

STING
13th May 2005, 08:24 PM
ub40 owe us bog all as far as i'm concerned. just cos we like the music and go to the gigs why does that make them responsible for our happiness? what a loada shite. they don't have to bring out new music, they don't have to tour, they don't have to meet the fans. they do it cos they want to. they're just doing their own ting, we happen to like it. that's it, finito. they owe us nothing. we buy it cos we want it. THAT'S ALL!!!!!

tek care
lorraluvs
sting
xxxxxxxx :D :roll:

brummybabe
13th May 2005, 08:26 PM
oh stop being so tight....if its expensive then like the others say dont buy it you dont need to whinge on and on and on and on.....

yes i know people who spend 60 a night on booze for what??? to wake up the next day not remembering fuk all least after you have purchased these youll wake up to remember them as infact they will be there TO remember...
Elaine im intrigued to know my sweet about the IP info and stuff too graemlins/kiss.gif graemlins/bigwink.gif ...... tell me more woman.........loves ya kels x graemlins/love.gif

brummybabe
13th May 2005, 08:27 PM
oh 4fot to say they r freaky looking things though ive seen one but at the same time they r amazing how good they have made them.... :eek: :eek:

NEPCHOON ROSE
13th May 2005, 08:42 PM
if anyone wants to by me one please feel free ;)

cheryl-anne
13th May 2005, 09:18 PM
just want to say....not wingeing.voicing my oppinions as u lot r but this subject deffinately got u all in here didnt it lol

janice
13th May 2005, 09:29 PM
well im goin to have one no matter wot the price :D

UB40IB32
13th May 2005, 10:00 PM
I ordered mine already ,as a UB40 fan I just want to collect as much as possible and I never had a bad gig, there music makes me happy everyday I just love them :D

UBLutwyche
13th May 2005, 10:02 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by UB40 IB32:
I ordered mine already ,as a UB40 fan I just want to collect as much as possible and I never had a bad gig, there music makes me happy everyday I just love them :D <hr></blockquote>

Couldn't have put it better myself. I am just the same. I buy anything I see of UB40, and go to as many gigs as possible. I don't care if I'm left penniless. As you rightly said, they make me happy everyday graemlins/friends.gif

UB40IB32
13th May 2005, 11:17 PM
Yes I'm one happy UBloonie graemlins/friends.gif

Homely Girl
13th May 2005, 11:51 PM
graemlins/friends.gif Goodness, Gracious, me ! graemlins/friends.gif

Everyone is getting well het up over this!!?????

Its as simple as this....

If you want one.....Buy one

If you don't.....Don't ????

Dont like the post that says our boys are miserable and don't deserve our loyalty???

Hello.....we are all here BECAUSE of our loyalty.....dont know what gig he/she was at....I have NEVER been to a gig when they are miserable???

They....UB40....DESERVE our loyalty, because they keep delivering fanblinkintastic music FOR us....simple as that

They say in their music what most of us here feel in our hearts.......

NUFF SAID

DONT WIND ME UP............. I have enough time justifying my passion to 'normal peeps'..... Dont want to have to do it here!!!

Take care of you and yours
Geraldine

UBLutwyche
13th May 2005, 11:56 PM
graemlins/friends.gif

milie
13th May 2005, 11:57 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Mick_f
13th May 2005, 11:57 PM
Adam we need a smiley with a zip on its gob please graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

cheryl-anne
14th May 2005, 12:09 AM
i understand now why the labour of love 3 in cardiff wasnt as good after reading bout alis drink problem.thats probably why it was short.i didnt say for us not to be loyal or faithful to them.i love them too.i only said the cubes were a bit expensive.i wish peeps would my stuff properly.im on a ub40 site.........why would i **** em off!!!???i have a hard time trying to make peeps understand why i like them so much too+yes i buy everything i find to do with them.i also make stuff to do with ub40 but,that doesnt mean that i cant say wot i feel about something.i thought thaT was the whole point of having a web site where all us ub fans can talk.just because i dont like something doesnt mean i dont like them!so u can all stop being soooo devensive.......im not having a dig at them OK!there was 1 good thing that came out of that concert......ziggy from grangehill was there yaaaaay

Mick_f
14th May 2005, 12:15 AM
Geeze talk about friday the 13th lol this bb been a bit on the hormonal side today lol lets all take a chill pill tom is another day :D :D

cheryl-anne
14th May 2005, 12:19 AM
i would if peeps would stop taking what i say the wrong way!i thought this was a free country.....obviously not eh lol

frost
14th May 2005, 08:29 AM
i understand now why the labour of love 3 in cardiff wasnt as good after reading bout alis drink problem.thats probably why it was short.i didnt say for us not to be loyal or faithful to them.i love them too.i only said the cubes were a bit expensive.i wish peeps would my stuff properly.im on a ub40 site.........why would i **** em off!!!???i have a hard time trying to make peeps understand why i like them so much too+yes i buy everything i find to do with them.i also make stuff to do with ub40 but,that doesnt mean that i cant say wot i feel about something.i thought thaT was the whole point of having a web site where all us ub fans can talk.just because i dont like something doesnt mean i dont like them!so u can all stop being soooo devensive.......im not having a dig at them OK!there was 1 good thing that came out of that concert......ziggy from grangehill was there yaaaaay<hr></blockquote>

Cheryl-anne WELCOME from me to this board you met the other loonies i see :D :D
I just wanna say that i understand what you trying to say and keep on coming here giving your opinion graemlins/friends.gif

Helena
14th May 2005, 08:30 AM
jesus this has all been blown out of proportion a bit lol. I think it is a tiny bit expensive for what it is but then i think that they are aimed at proper collectors and it's the fact that their limited edition that attracts. I spoke to someone today which has seen one and he said they are real small but quite good. Apparently the face actually moves around inside the cube. graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

Just Bianca
14th May 2005, 08:54 AM
I've seen 1 gig of them on dvd, that was an intervieuw with Ali here in Holland, I pimp when I saw that Ali was under influence and he was very funny, but later that night he had to do his gig and sorry sweet people it was terrible.
He had almost lose his voice, he wasn't moving very much. So I hate to admit but that one was terrible.
I'm convinced that Ali is growing and growing in his gigs, when you look at the DVD "Homegrown in Holland" FANTASTIC, FABULOUS, OUTSTANDING, GREAT!!!!!!!!
And the thing with the cubes, hey we live in a business world the people who made this ones want to see money I think that the guys receive a small percentage of this one. So UB40 don't abuse their fans in this. That is what I believe.

And cook1e we are not Ali lovers, WE ARE ROBIN LOVERS HAHAHAHAHAHHA.

Big hug Bianca
(I hope that you all understand what i'm wrighting in my BLUDDY-DUTCH hahahah)

Homely Girl
15th May 2005, 02:42 AM
Are you on about.....

'MY ROBIN' graemlins/kiss.gif graemlins/love.gif graemlins/kiss.gif graemlins/love.gif

Its a joke from the olden days....but sorry to say to all the newbies.....he will always be...

'MY ROBIN' graemlins/bigwink.gif

Take care of you and yours
Geraldine x graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif

pepper
15th May 2005, 03:00 AM
sheesh! whats the biggie? im from liverpool and in July we do summer pops. so i took a look down list and had appoplexy! went to book ronan keating of all ppl....48 quid for 7th row beyond ( and thats skipping the rip off VIP section)- dear sweet lord! i almost had a stroke...( and i dont mean that type ;) ) I MEAN!!!!!!!!!!! i know the geezer puts on a decent show but for almost a half ton - id expect a personal strip!

Frankie
15th May 2005, 07:16 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Helena:
I spoke to someone today which has seen one and he said they are real small but quite good. Apparently the face actually moves around inside the cube.<hr></blockquote>

Do they sing too? graemlins/laff.gif

graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bouncepurple.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif graemlins/bounceblack.gif

champane
15th May 2005, 07:40 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by micky_f:

OMG now that has to be a first lol a women saying shes not an Ali fan :D <hr></blockquote>

graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif well meet number 2 micky sorry graemlins/love.gif his singing but thats it its BT that does it for me but then i suppose every one knows that even poor ole dell lol

graemlins/love.gif

STING
15th May 2005, 04:20 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by pepper:
sheesh! whats the biggie? im from liverpool and in July we do summer pops. so i took a look down list and had appoplexy! went to book ronan keating of all ppl....48 quid for 7th row beyond ( and thats skipping the rip off VIP section)- dear sweet lord! i almost had a stroke...( and i dont mean that type ;) ) I MEAN!!!!!!!!!!! i know the geezer puts on a decent show but for almost a half ton - id expect a personal strip!<hr></blockquote>

me n all. he's quite cute. shame i'm an old bag!!!!

graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

eggles
15th May 2005, 05:12 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr> jesus this has all been blown out of proportion a bit lol. I think it is a tiny bit expensive for what it is but then i think that they are aimed at proper collectors and it's the fact that their limited edition that attracts. I spoke to someone today which has seen one and he said they are real small but quite good. Apparently the face actually moves around inside the cube. <hr></blockquote>

if they are limited editions as in one off blink and you miss it :D i dont think anyone will grumble to much.but as limited batches its a bit pricey,so are they realy limited edition ,it dont say in the shop but if their limeted as just :confused: :confused:

eggles
15th May 2005, 05:17 PM
oops..put it another way can someone confirm that the cubes are limited edition, and they are just issued once