PDA

View Full Version : Walk on me land: (Reza, do have a read)

Good Ambition
12th May 2005, 09:50 AM
A little reminisicing form a song from Cover Up:

Stood at the bus stop this morn, I was thinking about Walk On Me Land and the story behind it.....As I remember Reza posting some time back, I think Ali and Brian were over ion Jamaica tending to their studio and a guy came up to them and said "How come yu walk on me land so?"
.....which became the song, rescue me if I'm wrong here? :D

anyway, I started singing it in my head (as you do :D :D

Just had to share this!

pollepelmg
12th May 2005, 09:52 AM
absolutely great song :cool:

don't know the story behind.....

graemlins/beer.gif

[ 12 May 2005: Message edited by: pollepelmg ]</p>

elaine2005
12th May 2005, 09:55 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Good Ambition:
A little reminisicing form a song from Cover Up:

Stood at the bus stop this morn, I was thinking about Walk On Me Land and the story behind it.....As I remember Reza posting some time back, I think Ali and Brian were over ion Jamaica tending to their studio and a guy came up to them and said "How come yu walk on me land so?"
.....which became the song, rescue me if I'm wrong here? :D

anyway, I started singing it in my head (as you do :D :D

Just had to share this!<hr></blockquote>

Thought you where going to say I STARTED SINGING ( out loud )
;) graemlins/beer.gif

Good Ambition
12th May 2005, 09:58 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by *elaine*:
[b]

Thought you where going to say I STARTED SINGING ( out loud )
:D

[ 12 May 2005: Message edited by: Good Ambition ]</p>

elaine2005
12th May 2005, 10:01 AM
awww PITY .... You will never know now if one of your fellow passengers was a top music promoter. :D

I have heard your voice and it is BEAUTIFUL.

( Sorry if thats not the word you would hope for ) but its the one that came to mind the second i heard you singing. graemlins/love.gif

Good Ambition
12th May 2005, 10:07 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by *elaine*:
[b]awww PITY .... You will never know now if one of your fellow passengers was a top music promoter. :D

I have heard your voice and it is BEAUTIFUL.

( Sorry if thats not the word you would hope for ) but its the one that came to mind the second i heard you singing. :D .......I reckon the bus was more full of office workers than band bookers (unfortunately :roll: )

ausiedeb
12th May 2005, 10:28 AM
sing 'Good Ambition" sing ... your in good company here.. think we've all be known to burst into song in one place or another! :D

Reza leaves for Canada today, said he'll try and pop on bb when he has the time (back in couple of weeks)

graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/beer.gif

oLdbOi
12th May 2005, 10:32 AM
cha..what de..why y'raated step foot pon me bumba claat corn field dem..step back before me lick y'down, t'raated!
and tell me that it's yours...

licklemore

bOi...remix!...lol..wicked tune...
walk pon me dub

Reza
12th May 2005, 12:18 PM
Debs, thanks...havent left yet...almost there...
oldboi..chat to u in london yeah...sat morning..9am..

and yeah Imani....that is exactly what Ali told me...cos i had seen that song very similar to the Palestinian issue and them being dispossesed.Ali said that sure there was a similarity but was provoked into writing when he was asked "Tell me sumting..how come you walk pon me land?" by a gentleman in Jamaica...

true song...as throughout history..many a nation can sing that....and in todays world...it would still apply...

ausiedeb
12th May 2005, 01:14 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Reza:
<hr></blockquote>

Oops.. sorry rez, ... time zones! :D

graemlins/friends.gif

Good Ambition
12th May 2005, 01:33 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Reza:
oldboi..chat to u in london yeah...sat morning..9am..

and yeah Imani....that is exactly what Ali told me...cos i had seen that song very similar to the Palestinian issue and them being dispossesed.Ali said that sure there was a similarity but was provoked into writing when he was asked "Tell me sumting..how come you walk pon me land?" by a gentleman in Jamaica...

true song...as throughout history..many a nation can sing that....and in todays world...it would still apply...<hr></blockquote>

Thanks for that Reza....it's a classic song, really it is, it's like upbeat and serious at the same time........as you mention, it can be relevant to so many different situations.........I just imagined the guy's voice saying it. I think it'll be interesting when Blood and Fire is on the shelves to see what other stories are behind tunes.........

nice remixbOi. :)