PDA

View Full Version : Steve Brookstein (Winner Of X-Factor) Has Covered Kiss &

Aaron
10th May 2005, 07:43 PM
Hi peeps,

Yeah i know, shocking isn't it eh ??, it's on his new album which was released yesterday, just hope that his record company don't decide to release it, that would scupper the UB's hopes a bit i think.

Aaron.

Nicola R
10th May 2005, 07:46 PM
:eek: :eek:
oh shit!.......bad timing or what

I reckon UB's will be the better version anyhow & he may not release it as a single

[ 10 May 2005: Message edited by: OraCabeSsa in the mOOnshine ]</p>

10th May 2005, 07:48 PM
http://www.stevebrookstein.co.uk/

OMG listen to it nooooooooooooooo comparing

Helena
10th May 2005, 07:50 PM
oh b.ugger why did he have to go and do that. what a blimin cheek graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

Nicola R
10th May 2005, 07:54 PM
graemlins/laff.gif NO CONTEST!

10th May 2005, 07:55 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by OraCabeSsa in the mOOnshine:
graemlins/laff.gif NO CONTEST!<hr></blockquote>

you heard it then

Angel.
10th May 2005, 07:58 PM
OMG.... :eek: :eek:

Love Angelxx

Jolene
10th May 2005, 08:02 PM
UB verion is soooo much better!

graemlins/love.gif Jolene

Robinsduvet
HOW THE HELL DID HE WIN X-FACTOR?

HIS VOICE IS SH ITE AND HE LOOKS WELL CHEESY ;)

graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif

elaine2005
I really like him and was SOOOOooooo pleased he won .

Doesnt even sound like the same song.

:confused:

But the little bit i just heard was really good.

SORRY But im not gonna lie about it.

NO WAY NEAR as good as the UB song , but it doesnt sound the same, different lyrics ?

MAYBE Its a diff song with the same name ?

gaynorubfan05
10th May 2005, 08:04 PM
i love the ub40 version of kiss and say goodbye
the best

from gaynor :D

elaine2005
10th May 2005, 08:05 PM
Hes on about dancing with his father ? lol

i dunno ... but i will prob buy the album anyway, love 70% of all music and i think he is gorgeous :D

Jolene
10th May 2005, 08:12 PM
elaine the dance with my father song is different...is that the one your thinking is k&sgb? Dance with my father I believe is a cover of a Luther Vandross song.

10th May 2005, 08:13 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by *elaine*:
[b]Hes on about dancing with his father ? lol

i dunno ... but i will prob buy the album anyway, love 70% of all music and i think he is gorgeous :)

tess
10th May 2005, 08:14 PM
hope to god it dont get released,come on ubs get this record selling,we,ll show who has the BEST version.

from tess x graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bouncepurple.gif

jay
10th May 2005, 08:21 PM
Hawaii has a singer named Pati who also covered this song - unfortunately, they're playing his version on the radio now. As much as Hawaii loves UB40, I don't know if they'll play both doing the same song. Also, in Honolulu, they only seem to play songs that are sold here, so unless WYFF is released here, I'm not sure if anything will get played. At least some of the other islands have sense and play songs from Homegrown.

If you want to hear Pati's version, its here - #12.....

Pati sample (http://www.quietstorm.com/cgi-bin/shop.pl/page=iroots4.shtml)

j.

SunSeek1
10th May 2005, 08:22 PM
It's no where near as good as UB40's cover, they have given it a new life. I don't think Steve did it any justice like UB40 have.

Infact I have never heard a bad UB40 cover.

SK

ruby
10th May 2005, 08:39 PM
he is gorgeous.... but nothin compared 2 ali !!! graemlins/love.gif graemlins/bigwink.gif

elaine2005
10th May 2005, 08:41 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jayney:

elaine thats not kiss and say goodbye you heard you have to scroll throught the tracks untill you come to kiss and say goodbye, its defo the same version as ub.
:) <hr></blockquote>

Oh right :o lol
well i cant hear it then.

tried about 10 times. lol

keeps playing 3 other tracks over and over :D

Jolene
10th May 2005, 08:58 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jay:
Hawaii has a singer named Pati who also covered this song - unfortunately, they're playing his version on the radio now. As much as Hawaii loves UB40, I don't know if they'll play both doing the same song. Also, in Honolulu, they only seem to play songs that are sold here, so unless WYFF is released here, I'm not sure if anything will get played. At least some of the other islands have sense and play songs from Homegrown.

If you want to hear Pati's version, its here - #12.....

Pati sample (http://www.quietstorm.com/cgi-bin/shop.pl/page=iroots4.shtml)

j.<hr></blockquote>

Yep, I listen to KCCN FM100 online alot, right now in fact and just a few minutes ago they played Pati's version. Its a good version too.

john(ub40)p
10th May 2005, 09:18 PM
HMMMMM CANT UNDERSTAND WHATS GOING ON HERE (RECORD COMPANYS) SXXT MY VIEW IS UBs VERSION HAS GOT LIFE AND FULLFILMENT BRING ON WHOEVER BXXXXY X FACTOR AND ALL THEM KINDA ARTISTS LETS SEE WHO IS THE DADDY graemlins/smokin.gif graemlins/smokin.gif

The Prisoner
10th May 2005, 09:27 PM
OMG it sounds shit!

Pris. graemlins/smokin.gif

UBLutwyche
10th May 2005, 09:32 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by john(ub40)p:
[b]HMMMMM CANT UNDERSTAND WHATS GOING ON HERE (RECORD COMPANYS) SXXT MY VIEW IS UBs VERSION HAS GOT LIFE AND FULLFILMENT BRING ON WHOEVER BXXXXY X FACTOR AND ALL THEM KINDA ARTISTS LETS SEE WHO IS THE DADDY :D :D :D :D

UBLutwyche
10th May 2005, 09:32 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ThePrisoner:
[b]OMG it sounds shit!

Pris. :D

Steve Skeggs
10th May 2005, 09:51 PM
It's Pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D graemlins/laff.gif

UB40IB32
10th May 2005, 10:03 PM
OMG :eek:

ub40bwoy2005
11th May 2005, 01:05 AM
in my opinion i think ub40 and Pati are good at that tune as long as its reggae music style, cause reggae sounds sexy.

number 1 is ub40
2nd is ub40.

[ 11 May 2005: Message edited by: NSW Police Service. ]</p>

Mick_f
11th May 2005, 09:19 AM
you know i can see this happening now the radio are gonna end up compairing the 2 Thankgod ub40 have the upper edge we all know there is no comparrison but you cant just imagine it now they are already labeled a cover band.

Lord F
11th May 2005, 09:39 AM
not heard brookstein and no desire to either i'm sure he will make some people happy with his voice but for me no thanks :D

graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif

elaine2005
11th May 2005, 09:54 AM
:eek: @ the HOSTILITY graemlins/laff.gif

council house
11th May 2005, 09:59 AM
steve who? :roll:

elaine2005
11th May 2005, 10:09 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by council house:
[b]steve who? :D

I BUY ANYTHING ME ... If it sounds half decent.
But only have 1 fave group. Which is why im here and not on the steve brookstein website ( if there is one ? ) Maybe i should design one if there isnt :p

Im sure that when peeps here Ali's golden sexy velvet toned voice singing this song, not even steve can spoil that for him.
Id be SHOCKED if ali felt threatened in any way shape or form.
graemlins/love.gif

butler
11th May 2005, 10:09 AM
Aye wat the f... you guys on about at least these blokes are having a go stiff sht if they ain't as good as UB40...

The Manhattans Version of Let's Just Kiss And Say Good By is the bomb, anyone who is doing a version of this song is paying homage to a good tune no matter who the guy is, these guys go on these shows bare there sole for the whole world to see coz there trying to make it in something they like doing talent or not they need a f'n medal for standing up there...

It's a long way to the top if ya wan't to rock and roll, and if ya wan't to do the reggae sometimes you pay in blood...

butler
11th May 2005, 10:12 AM
If ya wan't to be a star of stage and screen let me tell ya it's rough and mean, it's a long way to the top if ya wan't to rock and roll...

BON SCOTT

butler
11th May 2005, 10:14 AM
Or pop lol :D

elaine2005
11th May 2005, 10:16 AM
graemlins/laff.gif

sweetsensation
11th May 2005, 10:48 AM
Just had a listen to all the clips from his album and I love this guys voice!!
Can't believe how much like Luther Vandross he sounds!! Love Luther. Never seen the show this guy Steve was on..but I presume it was pop idol or fame academy or something?? Anyway..I think he has done a great SOUL version of KISS A.S.G and has chosen some fantastic, classic songs :D

PS: Dance with my Father is one of the most beautiful songs graemlins/love.gif love it graemlins/love.gif

Michelle graemlins/love.gif

[ 11 May 2005: Message edited by: sweetsensation ]</p>

Omodumbi II
11th May 2005, 11:08 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jolene:
UB verion is soooo much better!

graemlins/love.gif Jolene<hr></blockquote>

I have been away for quite a while............How do I get UB's version?

Mick_f
11th May 2005, 12:07 PM
i dont have a problem with him doing the song its a free country, my main concern is with it on his album what will this do for the ubies they are slated by the press for being a cover band and here you have them releasing kiss and say goodbye just after hes released his album with it on.Is his going to bring them good or bad exposure????

UB40seychlles
11th May 2005, 04:28 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Aaron:
Hi peeps,

Yeah i know, shocking isn't it eh ??, it's on his new album which was released yesterday, just hope that his record company don't decide to release it, that would scupper the UB's hopes a bit i think.

Aaron.<hr></blockquote>

Na! UB40, sound better! graemlins/smokin.gif

UBLutwyche
11th May 2005, 04:39 PM
Both versions are shit :D
Only joking graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif