PDA

View Full Version : LIVE CD AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY AFTER GIG!!

Reza
10th May 2005, 07:06 PM
Got a mail from GetLive which promotes a few gigs...one of which is the HALL and OATS UK tour where using advanced technology, the actual gig will be available once for purchase immediately after the show....so u go home with memories of the gig u've just attended...i think its awesome....wonder if we can get UB's to do same?
I think UB40 will sell loads of this.....tho i think copyright might be an issue if they sing cover versions....?? BT? LANVAL? WINGY? are you reading this?

heres what the mail from getlive said ...

DARYL HALL AND JOHN OATES GET INSTANT LIVE

To coincide with their UK tour this May, the legendary duo are set to break new boundaries in live music with the launch of their ‘Instant Live CD’. Using cutting-edge, state of the art technology, the band will record each of their shows live and produce them for sale minutes afterwards. The limited edition box set includes all of the recordings in one limited edition box set.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are going to the shows you can pick up the CD's right after the show, alternatively you can purchase them online now and they will be posted out after the tour. Online orders cannot be collected at the venue.

Frankie
10th May 2005, 07:11 PM
Awesome idea. Hmm ..... wonder if they could do a DVD too. I'ts a bit like getting your scary photo after you've just come off a roller coaster lol graemlins/laff.gif

graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bouncepurple.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif graemlins/bounceblack.gif

DANIELA
10th May 2005, 07:11 PM
Ciao Ré... :)

Helena
10th May 2005, 07:44 PM
great idea. hope someone can look into whether it can be done graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

jay
10th May 2005, 08:26 PM
Great idea, but I'd like a DVD even better. To relive a concert after being there - or to see what I've missed by not being there! As I'm in Hawaii, it's mostly the last reason. graemlins/laff.gif

j.

The Prisoner
10th May 2005, 09:32 PM
That would be cool, but how is it possible?

Pris. graemlins/smokin.gif

UBLutwyche
10th May 2005, 09:42 PM
Check this link out :

http://www.instantliveconcerts.com/service-faq.html

Have a browse of the site aswell. You can notifications aswell on upcoming shows. Why not email them aswell regarding ub40 concerts or venues etc.

:D :D

UB40IB32
10th May 2005, 09:56 PM
that would be a great idea you get to go home with a cd of a great gig you just attended :)

UBLutwyche
10th May 2005, 09:59 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by UB40 IB32:
that would be a great idea you get to go home with a cd of a great gig you just attended :) <hr></blockquote>

***BRAGGING TIME**** :D

..or if you're like me going to 10 gigs. By xmas I'd have gone home with 10 CDS or DVDs of 10 great gigs I have attended. :D

..SORRY PEEPS, I COULDN'T RESIST.. graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

Nicola R
10th May 2005, 10:03 PM
:D
KEEP IT LIVE!
fantastic!!! graemlins/bouncepurple.gif

UB40IB32
10th May 2005, 10:08 PM
[QUOTE] originally posted by Sean Lutwyche ***BRAGGING TIME****

..or if you're like me going to 10 gigs. By xmas I'd have gone home with 10 CDS or DVDs of 10 great gigs I have attended.

..SORRY PEEPS, I COULDN'T RESIST.. [QUOTE]

graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

STING
10th May 2005, 11:00 PM
OMG! That would be fantastic wouldn't it? you wouldnt just bore the pants off hubby telling him about the gigs when you got home but you could actually tell him about AND play him the gigs. woooeeee! the ultimate torment! bring it on!!!!!!

p.s tom is coming with me to the sheff gig. this is his third ub gig. he likes em really dunt he? :D

ausiedeb
11th May 2005, 12:37 AM
G'day rez, yes its sounds great, personally I would love it., but, and a big but, supposing the show doesn't go as well as they hoped., lets face it.. things can go wrong during a concert.. its a huge risk for bands to take, as there wouldn't be enough time to edit it all., plus some bands get a little nervous when they know its been recorded live etc., not saying that UB40 make mistakes, but theres the chance of it happening.. and I dont think I would like my band exposed to any bad publicity due to any mishaps that may occur during the show.. .. maybe once a year they could .. but if they did it all the time., I doubt if it would work out to their advantage.

;)

Mick_f
11th May 2005, 12:47 AM
Although a couple here and there would be nice think id prefer it if they did like homegrown now and then. graemlins/bouncered.gif

MAYBETOMORROW
11th May 2005, 05:17 AM
It would be a great idea, but as Micky said, how they did the Homegrown DVD would be a better option getting a selection of the best cuts :)

*Cookie*
11th May 2005, 08:41 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Reza:
Got a mail from GetLive which promotes a few gigs...one of which is the HALL and OATS UK tour where using advanced technology, the actual gig will be available once for purchase immediately after the show....so u go home with memories of the gig u've just attended...i think its awesome....wonder if we can get UB's to do same?
I think UB40 will sell loads of this.....tho i think copyright might be an issue if they sing cover versions....?? BT? LANVAL? WINGY? are you reading this?

To coincide with their UK tour this May, the legendary duo are set to break new boundaries in live music with the launch of their ‘Instant Live CD’. Using cutting-edge, state of the art technology, the band will record each of their shows live and produce them for sale minutes afterwards. The limited edition box set includes all of the recordings in one limited edition box set.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are going to the shows you can pick up the CD's right after the show, alternatively you can purchase them online now and they will be posted out after the tour. Online orders cannot be collected at the venue.<hr></blockquote>
read about this on there web site, its an awesome idea, imagine droving home from gig with the live cd playing full blast

graemlins/bounceyellow.gif

Reza
11th May 2005, 03:38 PM
Well come on...well come on...????

Bembo
11th May 2005, 06:36 PM
yes its good dont take the piss but me n jane went 2 see erasure at wolverhampton civic,shes a big fan,and they did it there,only £14,a double cd,brill packaging,and recording was A1,and i got me arse felt cant b bad... ;) graemlins/beer.gif

UBLutwyche
11th May 2005, 06:39 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Bembo:
jane went 2 see erasure at wolverhampton civic,shes a big fan <hr></blockquote>

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Reza
11th May 2005, 07:29 PM
so its been around for a while this instant cd recording ?

i bet it wont be long before the UB's do it too

[ 11 May 2005: Message edited by: Reza ]</p>

Reza
6th June 2005, 07:52 PM
bttt

RIAZ
7th June 2005, 06:34 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Reza:
howzit..reza.
realy good idea man....trying to get hold of u....take care...

PLEASE NOTE: If you are going to the shows you can pick up the CD's right after the show, alternatively you can purchase them online now and they will be posted out after the tour. Online orders cannot be collected at the venue.<hr></blockquote>

Burden of shame
7th June 2005, 08:17 AM
has any progress been made with this? I think its a good idea, but not very lucrative for the band if not on general release...I see ebayers making a mint!!! :confused:

graemlins/friends.gif

Reza
7th June 2005, 06:42 PM
sure..ebayers will make their loot i suppose..but they're doing it anyhow with pre-released new albums that are sold to them by record company staff!
the deal with instant video/cd is that u buy it immediately after the gig.......
a band like ub40 will have a set price...arguably...much cheaper than what it would appear on ebay for.....and i would imagine more sales at lower prices...

ofcourse...copyright and the like will be no different to that of the normal cd's...

perhaps BT or someone with more knowledge will provide more ??

DJ
7th June 2005, 07:00 PM
I have to agree with you on this one Reza. As for not selling, I believe it will actually be the opposite. At the actual gig, everyone is still on a high immediately after a gig and will be more likely to buy (evebn those casual fans). Lets face it, if you have half of the attendance buying the CD (or even better - DVD :D ) per gig, theres roughly 3000 per gig buying it * 20 or 30 gigs or whatever, then a lot of money can be made surely.

Good shout

bt/ub40
7th June 2005, 07:09 PM
Greetings Reza,,i have been meaning to answer this post for ages,just cant squeeze everything in at the moment,anyway i have heard about this technology before,there is another outfit that does it with a booth and you can download the gig onto your IPOD/MP3 player but regards the CD option does anyone know just how this works ?...i mean,,do you order them before the gig and pick up afterwards or do you recieve them through the post or is just a queue up and buy after the gig...i like the idea even if there are mistakes,that would make them quite unique as its stuff you never usually get to hear on a record,i will of course (as always) mention this to our people...you will find out here if it is happening...BT

DJ
7th June 2005, 07:13 PM
good stuff BT. I would imagine the logistics of picking it up aftera show would be a nightmare and would assume you order & pay on the night, then a copy would be sent to your home address. You're spot on about the uniqueness as well - thats what makes it so special - its a true live experience. Like last year in Eindhoven when Ali's guitar was buggered and he played 'One In Ten', 'Keep On Moving and 'Maybe Tomorrow' without his guitar. Little things IO know, but these are songs I'd never ever seen performed without his trusty guitar - a unique and memorable gig for me :eek:

Reza
7th June 2005, 07:18 PM
BT,

thanks...meant to mail it and also forgot to ask Lanval about it when i saw him last week..
From what i understand....the instant recording is done with technology that creates an image of every frame and this is streamed and copied.(works similar to the way action replays are done for sporting games where u see it almost immediately) After the show, a full image is available..this image being the full live performance....
cd's are than burnt instantly for sale...
as for ordering before the gig or simply getting it after...matters not...
i think hardcore fans will want to order before the gig and simply pick em up on their way out...

i am of the belief that this technology will become a norm in the not too distant future...and can be leveraged for different types of marketing opportunities...

[ 07 June 2005: Message edited by: Reza ]</p>

LadyLynne
7th June 2005, 08:45 PM
Brill idea Reza love it

How you doing hun? all happy and well I hope?

big love
Lynne xxxxxxxxxxxxxx graemlins/smokin.gif

MR BLS
7th June 2005, 09:00 PM
Hi & greetings Reza,long time my friend hope you are ok, graemlins/friends.gif and keeping well,Great post,great idea,I have heard of this before with diffrent artists,Fingers crossed its financially benefiting,for all concerned, Mostly with the Band with the LIVE set up,I hope something can happen in the near future,
all the best
biglove steve graemlins/beer.gif

Burden of shame
8th June 2005, 08:38 AM
I think it could really work if arranged properly

Carlene Lydia
8th June 2005, 11:10 AM
I also think this is a brilliant idea, and would luv to see this happen!
:D

Lacky
8th June 2005, 03:37 PM
BRILLANT IDEAR, MAKE IT HAPPEN BT,PLEASE :D graemlins/beer.gif

Reza
8th June 2005, 04:30 PM
Lynne,

nice to hear from you..all good this side..very busy..but coping...

i'm sure brian will have the idea looked at...

UBLutwyche
3rd November 2005, 09:13 AM
Sorry to dig this post out of the ground :grin:

Mick_f
3rd November 2005, 09:17 AM
Sorry to dig this post out of the ground :grin: Funny enough i was just sat thinking about this post lol :grin:

UBLutwyche
3rd November 2005, 09:19 AM
Great minds ay Mick ? :grin:

STING
3rd November 2005, 09:24 AM
i am still VERY INTERESTED in picking up live cd's after gigs so you brought this topic back at a timely hour. it's probably too late for this tour but it might be available on the next un??? perleeze??? :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Reza
3rd November 2005, 10:31 AM
I support this idea....STILL...after all these months....
it would be ace if we could get this for the UK leg of the tour...
i dont think logistically it will take all that time to get it sorted...

the real issue that will hold back the process is the copyright/publishing rights...
there are tracks ub's will sing where other artists have rights to...i think the maths need to be done and this'll be a challenge.....

but i'd love to walk out of a gig with a copy in my hands.

janice
3rd November 2005, 10:35 AM
oh yes i would love one :beer: :beer:

Reza
3rd November 2005, 04:10 PM
Sean,

thanks for digging up this post.....

JorisJ
3rd November 2005, 04:56 PM
Peter Gabriel did this too with his concerts, he released them as THE ECNORE SERIES released after the gig. Fans could order it through a website when the cd's were ready. A boxset was also available with ALL CONCERTS for a little discount. More info at http://www.themusic.com/encore/pg2004/

JJ

JorisJ
3rd November 2005, 04:58 PM
Better yet visit http://www.themusic.com/encore/ Maybe UB40 can do this for one of their tours?

JJ

bt/ub40
3rd November 2005, 06:22 PM
Greetings.....yes its all under control and will be announced here soon,infact we had another meeting about it today,we have been working out how to get the best deal for you guys but all will be explained soon....thanks for keeping this post alive..BT :grin:

Helena
3rd November 2005, 06:23 PM
oooooooooh sounds exciting :grin:

janicerose
3rd November 2005, 06:24 PM
woooooooooohooooooooooo!!!
does this mean its really gonna happen!!!!!!
:bouncepurple: :bouncepurple: :bouncepurple: :bouncepurple: :bouncepurple: :bouncepurple: :bouncepurple:
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

samantha M
3rd November 2005, 06:31 PM
G'day rez, yes its sounds great, personally I would love it., but, and a big but, supposing the show doesn't go as well as they hoped., lets face it.. things can go wrong during a concert.. its a huge risk for bands to take, as there wouldn't be enough time to edit it all., plus some bands get a little nervous when they know its been recorded live etc., not saying that UB40 make mistakes, but theres the chance of it happening.. and I dont think I would like my band exposed to any bad publicity due to any mishaps that may occur during the show.. .. maybe once a year they could .. but if they did it all the time., I doubt if it would work out to their advantage.

;)

actually its the "mistakes" that as a fan i love the most...lol... :lol:
put me down for a copy...love to take that home the nite of the gig......especially after how much pleasure cdp has given me.....prefer a dvd with visuals it really would be special

Reza
3rd November 2005, 06:58 PM
Nice one Brian....happy to hear this'll come off...

SuGgS
3rd November 2005, 07:00 PM
super dee dooper

fans buying direct after the show
from officiacal (must go back too school to spell)
authorities(phew)

((((((((((((((((((((((stop the bootleggers))))))))))))

Chicago UB Fan
3rd November 2005, 07:18 PM
:eek:

WOW... would these be available from the UB Shop to purchase? Us statesiders don't get much of an opportunity to see the boys these days... this would be outstanding.

bt/ub40
3rd November 2005, 07:39 PM
Greetings Leah..thats the plan...BT

The Gardener
3rd November 2005, 08:03 PM
:grin: Loverly jubbly :kiss:

ib40
3rd November 2005, 09:23 PM
Simply red did this recently, I only know from looking at the tickets when i was thinking of going, you could pay £10 extra and get a cd on the way out!! Dont know how they would do that but was a great idea.

robs mrs fix it
3rd November 2005, 09:58 PM
FANTASTIC IDEA. :beer:

Jolene
3rd November 2005, 10:09 PM
Oooohhh yeah, wouldnt that be great Leah?

:love: Jolene

UBLutwyche
3rd November 2005, 10:09 PM
Glad I brought the post back up then :grin:

Lets hope it goes ahead :beer:

Rudie
3rd November 2005, 10:11 PM
:grin: ooooooooooooooooooooo even more excited about gigs now,knowin that when ya walk out ya can get in ya car and re-live the whole thing again on the way home ............ EXCELLENT!

:bouncelblue: :bouncepurple: :bouncelblue: :bouncepurple:

UBLutwyche
3rd November 2005, 10:14 PM
So the more gigs you go to, the more CDs you will get :haha: :haha: :haha:

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Jeana B
3rd November 2005, 11:03 PM
How great would that be if you could buy a cd on the way out of the up coming gigs UB40 + THE WAILERS PRICELESS . :friends: :friends: :friends:

Bart
3rd November 2005, 11:17 PM
From what Lozza said,Simply Red are doing the same thing with a double cd available after the show...

sweetsensation
3rd November 2005, 11:18 PM
I love this idea, live gig recordings always go around anyway, mostly bad quality, this way the band & fan profit from it. Fantastic idea Reza :beer: :love:

Mick_f
4th November 2005, 01:14 AM
so glad to hear they gonna be in the shop aswell :grin:

Chicago UB Fan
4th November 2005, 02:58 AM
Greetings Leah..thats the plan...BT

YEEEEAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love:
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Carlene Lydia
4th November 2005, 06:24 AM
Ohhhhhh Wow, that's brilliant!!!! Certainly can't wait for this to happen, something to really look forward too!!!!!!! :D :jester:

Nods
4th November 2005, 03:54 PM
and i got me arse felt cant b bad... ;)

By who?? Male or Female ?? Well it was an Erasure gig!