PDA

View Full Version : St. Lucia Jazz Fest

Tanya Cox
9th May 2005, 09:25 PM
just saw UB40 last night at St Lucia Jazz Festival. best concert I've been to in along time, had a fab time!

cheers

monie
9th May 2005, 09:26 PM
owwwwwwwwwwwwww...tell more tell more!!!!!!

Chicago UB Fan
9th May 2005, 09:27 PM
I am so jealous!!! I tried to convince my hubby that it would have made a spectacular mother's day gift, but finances are a little tight at the moment and we couldn't swing it.

Glad you had a great time! Wish I could have been there! :)

~L

citrona
9th May 2005, 09:28 PM
got some foto's share them pleeeeeeeeeeees graemlins/love.gif ALI

ROBIN.
9th May 2005, 09:28 PM
Great, tell more more more.
:D

Angel.
9th May 2005, 09:33 PM
Glad you had a good time :D

and welcome :D

Love Angelxx

Jolene
9th May 2005, 09:34 PM
Thats great! Would love to hear more. What songs did they sing?

graemlins/love.gif Jolene

Helena
9th May 2005, 09:35 PM
thats great to hear. any more info for us though? graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

Angel.
9th May 2005, 09:36 PM
Did Ali wear a hat by any chance :D :D

Love Angelxx

Tanya Cox
9th May 2005, 09:37 PM
don't have photos but hoping the photographers that were there will post some on the st lucia tourist board site. the weather was perfect, even a little too hot for the band (could see they were sweating!) we were right up in front of the stage so we saw everything! Ali was great as usual (I absolutely love him). they played all their hits and a couple of songs from their new album, and they came back for an encore and played another 3 songs. I saw them about 18 years ago and they just get better with age! :cool:

gaynorubfan05
9th May 2005, 09:38 PM
welcome to the board
and hope you did had a lovely time seeing them in st lucia

from gaynor :)

monie
9th May 2005, 09:39 PM
owwwwww great you had such a good time!!!!
graemlins/beer.gif

Tanya Cox
9th May 2005, 09:40 PM
no he didn't wear a hat...but he looked hot all in black

alliluvsmusic
9th May 2005, 09:42 PM
Ooooh thanks Tia Maria we always like to hear about the gigs (as you've noticed) sounds like it was a concert in paradise. Welcome to the board incidentally. :D

citrona
9th May 2005, 09:46 PM
;) nice to no jou have a good time ;)

Tanya Cox
9th May 2005, 09:48 PM
wow thanks everyone...I didn't think I would get such a response, I don't know what to say.
any questions about the show??
:cool:

Angel.
9th May 2005, 09:51 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by tiamaria:
[b]wow thanks everyone...I didn't think I would get such a response, I don't know what to say.
:)

Love Angelxx

monie
9th May 2005, 09:53 PM
did you get the change to meet them???
hahahahahaha think you get a lot of guestions know lol!!!

Twinkle
9th May 2005, 09:56 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by tiamaria:

:cool: [/QB]<hr></blockquote>

Yes just one...did he ask about me?? lol just kidding.

Glad u had a brill time and welcome to the BB.

graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bouncepurple.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif

Tanya Cox
9th May 2005, 09:58 PM
not familiar with their newer songs, but they sang all my old favs like don't break my heart, kingston town, can't help falling in love, homely girl, cherry oh baby, and of course red, red wine just to name a few.

Angel.
9th May 2005, 10:10 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by tiamaria:
not familiar with their newer songs, but they sang all my old favs like don't break my heart, kingston town, can't help falling in love, homely girl, cherry oh baby, and of course red, red wine just to name a few.[/QUOTE
http://www.skirge.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kis.mp3
CLICK ABOVE
hi tiamaria not done this before but hope it works Skirge put this up for us a few weeks back hopefully you will hear new song kiss and say goodbye

Love Angelxx

wend
9th May 2005, 10:13 PM
Welcome to the board tiamaria,glad you had a great time. graemlins/bouncepurple.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif

Mick_f
9th May 2005, 10:16 PM
Welcome to the board what more could you ask for Hot sun Ub40 playing sounds like paradise to me :D

Tanya Cox
9th May 2005, 10:26 PM
thanks angel, I was able to listen to the clip and it sounds great! when is the new album coming out?

Angel.
9th May 2005, 10:30 PM
thanks angel, I was able to listen to the clip and it sounds great! when is the new album coming out?<hr></blockquote>

As far as we know 20th june :D
Can't wait :eek:

Love Angelxx

UB40IB32
9th May 2005, 10:33 PM
Welcome to the bb Tiamaria graemlins/friends.gif
glad you had a great time the cd will be coming out in june would have liked to be there and enjoy some sun and UB40 graemlins/love.gif

Seahorse
10th May 2005, 03:21 AM
Glad you enjoyed the show. Welcome to the board. :)

MAYBETOMORROW
10th May 2005, 03:57 AM
I'm glad you had a great time at the festival!! :)

Julio Marchena
10th May 2005, 06:09 AM
Hiya Tiamaria I'm from the south, Lima-Perú, my country is a little bit far from yours, so couldn't go :(

I'm so happy since you've gotten an irie time with the bwoys!!

Hope you'll have a nice time here in the UB40 BULLETIM BOARD, welcome to our house on the Net!

graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif

Poesiemau
10th May 2005, 09:51 AM
LOL, people here are always eager to hear how our boys performed Tia, no wonder you get so many replies. :D On the other hand, you would have gotten them anyway... most of the times this is a friendly bunch of peeps graemlins/bigwink.gif

Cheryl-Loves-UB40
10th May 2005, 10:54 AM
Hy

Im glad to hear you had a really great time,
and in the sun it's even better don't you think :D whahah

Greetings Cheryl

ubs4me
10th May 2005, 11:22 AM
Hi welcome to bb's, you lucky thing i wish i was there never mined , roll on december we can all be doing the same oh except the weather, bloody coooooooooold.
graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncepurple.gif graemlins/bounceblack.gif
---------------------------
Big luv
kerry graemlins/friends.gif

Waltjo
10th May 2005, 11:26 AM
Mmmmmmmmmm!!! sounds like paradise to me :cool: Welcome to the board graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/friends.gif graemlins/beer.gif

*Cookie*
10th May 2005, 12:31 PM
welcome aboard
and glad you enjoyed the gig

council house
10th May 2005, 04:10 PM
How did they go down with the rest of the crowd as I understand there were many other acts. Did they get a good response? :D

Tanya Cox
10th May 2005, 10:18 PM
hey i'm back checking out all the postings!!

UB40 closed the show of course, they were the main attraction! There were 3 other acts before them, Tracy Hamlin, Chris Botti and Earl Clugh. UB40 were very well received by the crowd, they went wild, lots of fans from all over the world especially the UK.

jessica just checked out your photos - you are so lucky, I wish I had my camera!

cheers :cool:

Tanya Cox
24th May 2005, 05:36 PM
hey folks check out these photos of the St. Lucia Jazz Fest, the UB40 photos are at the end. I didn't notice before but Ali was wearing a hat at one point.
http://www.htsstlucia.com/event_galleries/pigeon_island_08/index.html

I think I'm in one of them!!LOL :cool:

Rachel~B
24th May 2005, 05:41 PM
some great pics there...thanks for that...
lol @ Ali in his hat graemlins/laff.gif

gaynorubfan05
24th May 2005, 09:52 PM
nice pics of ub40

from gaynor :)