PDA

View Full Version : TICKET FIASCO - TAKE ACTION!

wildcat
7th May 2005, 11:30 AM
Ok... have just spent half an hour on the phone to Ticketmaster Customer Services (0870 1535353) who were very very helpful with my complaint.

I explained about all the problems we have been having this week in our attempt to get the best seats possible. I gave examples of all your complaints here this week to back up what I was saying.

I was given a full refund on the tickets I bought but didnt want, although I was charged 5 PER TICKET for the privellege. That's a start (at least I wont have to try selling them on Ebay and suffer the wrath of people who don't like EBay sellers!!!)

I added that we have been given the run around this week, told conflicting info by Ticketmaster and the various venues - i.e. yes they are on sale, no they're not, certain seats arent available then they are...

I was told that NOT ALL of the tickets were given to Ticketmaster (despite 2 venues telling me they were) and that the promoters - Clear Channel Entertainment - had allocated tickets to different agencies this week, and some had gone on sale before others. Obviously Ticketmaster wont know who these other agencies are but CCE will do.

It was suggested that, as there are so many of us here, hardcore fans, who spend a small fortune on the band, and spend a ton of cash and spend hours planning our gigs, why dont we ALL contact CCE ourselves and explain all the probs we've been having, and ASK that maybe we (the UB website) could get some sort of priority service, which includes the BEST seats...

so, if you wish to do this email cccard@cc.co.uk
(bit of a strange address but thats what she told me*!) or write to Clear Channel Entertainment, Freepost NAT, 14462, London, W1E 4ZA

Good luck and let me know if you get anywhere. (*The email addy looks odd so if you find another one please let me know.

Tanya

*Cookie*
7th May 2005, 11:41 AM
nice one tanya

do you know that isnt a bad idea, ie if they allocate to diffrent agents why not try and set up us as an agent, then we wouuld get our own allocation,

food for thought!!!!

wildcat
7th May 2005, 11:44 AM
Cheers Jane,

I think together as a 'collective' we could get things to work to our advantage.... any other suggestions? Maybe UB Management can help on this one???

I'm thinking of trying to sort this before the next wave of tickets go on sale (for the gigs that havent yet been announced for this tour).

Let's be pro-active... good luck peeps. It's about time we saw smiley faces here :) not angry ones :mad:

Tanya

Mick_f
7th May 2005, 11:48 AM
I actually say in a another post maybe if all those who have has problems email Dep(Yes i know its not there fault) maybe they will sort something out with the promoters to stop this sort of thing happening again.I cant see why the tickets cant be sold via the ub40 shop

[ 07 May 2005: Message edited by: micky_f ]</p>

NEPCHOON ROSE
7th May 2005, 11:53 AM
well i will give it a go not hoping for much to be honest :(

*Cookie*
7th May 2005, 11:59 AM
i dont think this is deps problem, and feel it would be a lil unfair to all mail them, complaining, there are enough bright people on her for us to put our heads together and find our own solution
:)

Mick_f
7th May 2005, 12:00 PM
Hmmmm intresting if im right Clear Channel Entertainment also run wait for it........Get live ive been looking around the net and them 2 seem to go hand in hand

wildcat
7th May 2005, 12:21 PM
Possibly, maybe... rather than bombarding and inundating Dep with emails we could nominate one spokesperson from this board to phone Dep on Monday to explain the problems and find a solution.

We could ask Dep if they can work more closely with the promoter to try to get us a better service? Could Dep pursuade CCE, on our behalf, to set up a 'fan club' type priority service??? Other bands seem to manage it.

Maybe Dep would have more 'clout' (being in the business) than a bunch of fans??

Any volunteers? Other ideas?

Have a good weekend.

UB40IB32
7th May 2005, 01:03 PM
Thanks Tanya will surely write to them I think if we all write to them maybe we will get somewhere for future gigs will let you know if I hear anything thanks for your trouble :)

alliluvsmusic
7th May 2005, 03:19 PM
Good idea now all we need is said spokesperson. I would volunteer but I'm useless on the phone, get all tongue tied and embarrassed etc. I'll certainly send a letter to clear channel though, that's more my forte.

Rudie
7th May 2005, 03:50 PM
Was it Dep who used to sort out "gold circle" tickets before for us????

When we used to quote a password and we had decent tickets?

Why cant they go back to that,it seemed to work and we were all happy with what we got ;)

Waltjo
7th May 2005, 04:25 PM
I think that's a brilliant idea Tanya to have somebody talk to DEP, it might be better that way. Would you be willing to talk to them?? :) :)
If so:-
I nominate Tanya to talk to DEP :D :D

Julie Blue
7th May 2005, 04:52 PM
Yep, I nominate you too Wildy!!!

Want to hear our experience??

My sis sat on the computer for hours and got tickets as soon as they went on sale, after booking the tickets she noticed they were for Block D. So she spent hours on the phone trying to get getlive, eventually getting someone and having the tickets changed to Block A. Very strange that we wasn't given Block A in the beginning.

The whole tickets system is a farce, some people got better seats who booked a few days after us. We had no priority or privleges when booking this time.

Let me know what concerts you are at, I'm sure we will meet up at the NEC - you are always at that one.

graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

NEPCHOON ROSE
7th May 2005, 06:27 PM
CCCARD@CLEARCHANNEL.CO.UK

champane
7th May 2005, 06:39 PM
bombard the clear channel peeps then maybe dep will have a better chance with clear channel trying to organise us some tickets (pre pre pre sale ones)it seems that other bands fans get this type of treatment so why shouldnt we? its not as though ub40 have only been about for a little while maybe dep can have a word with the new promoter bill? we aint going to know unless we ask if dep says no they have tried etc etc then we just have to try something else (not deps or ub40s fault)
oooooooo a campaign lets get it started lmao

graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bounceblack.gif

graemlins/love.gif

Poesiemau
7th May 2005, 08:36 PM
Good initiavtive catsis, but don't think it will be much use to me mailing them. In my case it was just a matter of bad luck, websites messing up and all that... otherwise i would have good seats buying presale tickets. However, i will try... :)

But who knows, if DEP cares anything about UB's fans, they might work something out for the future where CCE is concerned. But even if, there still will be load of peeps buying tickets and selling them of on Ebay. Anyone who visits this website can get all the info that is needed, fan or no fan. Only look at the registered amount of peeps, it's what, like 6000? Not even 10% of that is posting... you know what i mean? :eek:

Mick_f
7th May 2005, 11:50 PM
Ok if nobodys willing to act as said spokesperson why Not just do a post to margaret with a link to this post on and ask her if they can do something

[ 07 May 2005: Message edited by: micky_f ]</p>

HOMEGROWN BOY
8th May 2005, 12:01 AM
GOOD IDEA ,but i dont think it will do us any good its all MONEY,i will write to them with a complaint .THANKS. graemlins/friends.gif

graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/smokin.gif

NEPCHOON ROSE
8th May 2005, 12:05 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by HOMEGROWN BOY:
GOOD IDEA ,but i dont think it will do us any good its all MONEY,i will write to them with a complaint .THANKS. graemlins/friends.gif

graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/smokin.gif <hr></blockquote>

i agree just send in your complaint by e-mail or post

Mick_f
8th May 2005, 12:55 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by NEPTUNE ROSE:

i agree just send in your complaint by e-mail or post<hr></blockquote>
You got your ticket/s sorted yet Nep??

johnny 2 bad
8th May 2005, 01:11 PM
A good write up Tanya :) It seems to be very true about the seating arrangements to some of the venues... :D cheers for the info about the email.. ;) Wonder who the guest artists are??? Stranglers again?.. graemlins/laff.gif

NEPCHOON ROSE
8th May 2005, 01:27 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by micky_f:

You got your ticket/s sorted yet Nep??<hr></blockquote>

ok heres the story

no not storted out my ticket yet, i was in a horrble mood for the past couple of days due to my fustrations of trying to get tickets since tuesday (as a few people on this bb can testify too :o ) did have the offer of a ticket, but due to my mood, i turned it down, and besides i did not think it was fair to inflict my mood swing on this person.....sorry again :o )

but as my mood has improved....due to some very kind words from people.....they know who they are

i have decided to pick myself up and keep trying..no luck yet.....but hey such is life ;)

not gonna give up....just yet

Mick_f
8th May 2005, 01:33 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by NEPTUNE ROSE:
[b]

ok heres the story

no not storted out my ticket yet, i was in a horrble mood for the past couple of days due to my fustrations of trying to get tickets since tuesday (as a few people on this bb can testify too :o ) did have the offer of a ticket, but due to my mood, i turned it down, and besides i did not think it was fair to inflict my mood swing on this person.....sorry again :o )

but as my mood has improved....due to some very kind words from people.....they know who they are

i have decided to pick myself up and keep trying..no luck yet.....but hey such is life :D from what ive read on here you always manage to smile even through the bad times which is good graemlins/friends.gif

Robinsduvet
8th May 2005, 01:38 PM
[b]

ok heres the story

i have decided to pick myself up and keep trying..no luck yet.....but hey such is life :D

AS THE SAYING GOES "DONT LET THE B*****DS GET YOU DOWN".........PICK YOURSELF UP BOUNCE BACK AND BE THE CHEERFUL HAPPY NEPS THAT WE ALL KNOW AND LOVE graemlins/love.gif

UBLutwyche
9th May 2005, 12:39 PM
BTTT :D

wildcat
9th May 2005, 08:37 PM
I managed to give Dep a ring today, and spoke to Margaret.

She said she wasn't aware of the problems we've been having, so I gave her a summary of our issues and rather than dwelling on the problems I just asked if there is anything that Dep was prepared to do for us, the fans, to stop this sort of thing happening.

I asked if Dep could perhaps liaise closely with the promoters with a view to getting us some sort of 'priority' service, considering the fact that we are 'big spenders', probably their most important customers, and that other bands ALREADY do this for their loyal fans.

(I know we don't have a God given right to all the best seats, but isn't that what loyalty schemes are for - 'the loyal'... I mean, you have your 'frequent flyer' loyalty schemes where I have had to miss a flight last year when a plane was downsized due to tech probs and ALL the seats went to the 'loyalty card members'... and as a result i completely missed a gig!...ahem.. thats another story... i digress..)

Anyway... Margaret said she wasn't sure how the promoters were distributing their tickets this time but she would find out and see what she could do. However, she thinks it may be too late to help us on this tour but it could help us in the future. I did say we would be eternally grateful if she could perhaps sort something out before any more dates are announced. She said she would try our best for us.

Finally I asked if she could post something here on the board to tell us what she manages to sort out. Don't know how long that will be, but fingers crossed it will be very soon.

I remain positive... it can't be difficult to arrange (can it?) as it works for other bands.

By the way has anyone emailed CCE yet and if so have you had replies??

wildy

Angel.
9th May 2005, 08:48 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by wildcat:
I managed to give Dep a ring today, and spoke to Margaret.

She said she wasn't aware of the problems we've been having, so I gave her a summary of our issues and rather than dwelling on the problems I just asked if there is anything that Dep was prepared to do for us, the fans, to stop this sort of thing happening.

I asked if Dep could perhaps liaise closely with the promoters with a view to getting us some sort of 'priority' service, considering the fact that we are 'big spenders', probably their most important customers, and that other bands ALREADY do this for their loyal fans.

(I know we don't have a God given right to all the best seats, but isn't that what loyalty schemes are for - 'the loyal'... I mean, you have your 'frequent flyer' loyalty schemes where I have had to miss a flight last year when a plane was downsized due to tech probs and ALL the seats went to the 'loyalty card members'... and as a result i completely missed a gig!...ahem.. thats another story... i digress..)

Anyway... Margaret said she wasn't sure how the promoters were distributing their tickets this time but she would find out and see what she could do. However, she thinks it may be too late to help us on this tour but it could help us in the future. I did say we would be eternally grateful if she could perhaps sort something out before any more dates are announced. She said she would try our best for us.

Finally I asked if she could post something here on the board to tell us what she manages to sort out. Don't know how long that will be, but fingers crossed it will be very soon.

I remain positive... it can't be difficult to arrange (can it?) as it works for other bands.

wildy<hr></blockquote>

Thanks for what you are doing...

Love Angelxx

wildcat
9th May 2005, 08:54 PM
its no problem Angel - i think we all/many of us feel the same way, and i just want a happy ending... and if it means a few phone calls and emails to get that then I'm more than happy to do it.

I'd rather put my energies into finding a solution than bending hubby's ear whinging about it night after night!!! (i suppose he's grateful too) graemlins/laff.gif

Fingers, toes, and any other dangly bits crossed for a result.

Angel.
9th May 2005, 08:56 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by wildcat:
[b]its no problem Angel - i think we all/many of us feel the same way, and i just want a happy ending... and if it means a few phone calls and emails to get that then I'm more than happy to do it.

I'd rather put my energies into finding a solution than bending hubby's ear whinging about it night after night!!! (i suppose he's grateful too) :D :D

Love Angelxx

Sarah.K
9th May 2005, 08:57 PM
Well done Wildy...I will be compiling an email to send to the relevent peeps :)

9th May 2005, 09:06 PM
well done

thank you for speaking on behalf of us all

and thanks to margaret,lets hope she can help us in the future and i think its important that dep were made aware of the problems we have had with get live.

TRACY B
9th May 2005, 09:38 PM
hi i sent a complaint via email to cc got a computerised response but they will reply personally soon they said i will keep u posted

alliluvsmusic
9th May 2005, 09:40 PM
Thanks for phoning dep wildcat. graemlins/beer.gif

I was planning to write a letter to clear channel but I'll wait a bit longer and see what Margaret has to say.

gaynorubfan05
9th May 2005, 09:56 PM
just hope it dose'nt happen again over ticket fiasco for everybody and i did'nt use get live
as i did'nt know how to order the tickets and i was grateful for my nephew help getting tickets online from nec website on friday night with me

from gaynor

singerman
9th May 2005, 10:14 PM
thanks tan, rick.x graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/kiss.gif

Mick_f
9th May 2005, 10:37 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by kath:
For all who's had problems with tickets.
Put your complaints in writing and send registered post to dep.
DEP can independently read all the issues concerning tickets and promoters....even the peeps who have recieved other tickets for rows they didn't book ie 2nd instead of 1st row....make copies off e-mails and put in with complaints.
If DEP think your issues are valid, you can all justify yours statements, they can take matters further.

kath xxx<hr></blockquote>
This is all fine to do however i do feel however that this is missing the point a little. Dep have very kindley been spoken to and they are going to see what can be done for future dates.(Thanks to wildcat)

The people who need to be targeted now are the promoters and ticket outlets as thats where everyones problems have been they need to be made aware as fans we are not going to take this laying down
:D graemlins/friends.gif

[ 09 May 2005: Message edited by: micky_f ]</p>

UB40IB32
9th May 2005, 10:44 PM
thanks wildcat for phoning dep graemlins/friends.gif

Angel.
9th May 2005, 10:46 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by micky_f:
[b]
This is all fine to do however i do feel however that this is missing the point a little. Dep have very kindley been spoken to and they are going to see what can be done for future dates.(Thanks to wildcat)

The people who need to be targeted now are the promoters and ticket outlets as thats where everyones problems have been they need to be made aware as fans we are not going to take this laying down
:(

Love Angelxx

Mick_f
9th May 2005, 10:48 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Angel:

Hi Mike i complained to "getlive" on the night off the so called priority sales,i had spent 3 hours trying to get tickets and got nothing only to see the seats i was trying to get are now on ebay :(

Love Angelxx<hr></blockquote> If i saw right getlive is actually owned by the promoters

Mick_f
9th May 2005, 10:51 PM
Yep i had seen right getlive is operated by Clear channel Entertainment

getLIVE: Buy UK gig and theatre tickets online with getLIVE
... Operated by Clear Channel Entertainment the world's leading producer and marketer of live entertainment, with ... 1999- 2005 Clear Channel Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved. ...

Angel.
9th May 2005, 11:00 PM
Well lets hope they take notice.....
its so unfair that you get all your hopes up that you get"priority sales" only in my case and most others on here are left with tickets that they have to make do with :( don't get me wrong any ticket to see these guys is special but to think you have a chance off priority seating then get your hopes dashed well thats disappointing :(

Love Angelxx

Anniemg
10th May 2005, 07:56 AM
Email sent last night....no replies as of yet :(

Thanks Tanya for all that you have done graemlins/friends.gif

Annie

paula1
10th May 2005, 07:56 AM
good on ya tanya,last week was a nightmare for us all,we no its not deps fault,but hopefully they can sort something out for us.
big love
paula graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif

Poesiemau
10th May 2005, 08:25 AM

wildy<hr></blockquote>

Hey catsis, i did mail CCE, but had nothing back (yet). And great news about Margaret putting in an effort to work things out for future gigs. Bless her for doing that!! :)

wildcat
11th May 2005, 09:41 PM
i have not heard from CCE yet either Poes... not holding my breath... but as one of my puddies has been poorly this week my mind has been elsewhere... will send CCE a 'gentle' reminder later this week!!!

Has anyone else had any luck?

Wonder how Margaret is getting on....