PDA

View Full Version : Why are gigs seated.....?????

The Prisoner
6th May 2005, 02:00 PM
Why the hell are most of the gigs fully seated? Surely the arenas can make more money if all the gigs are standing.

(More people = More money) :)

Anyway seated gigs are complete shite as there is no atmosphere unless you end up standing anyway...plus UB40 are a huge band that always sell out and have a shit hot crowd supporting them.

It doesn't make sense to me...

Pris. graemlins/smokin.gif

alliluvsmusic
6th May 2005, 02:20 PM
The first UB gig I ever went to that was seated was the 21st birthday bash at the NEC until then it had always been standing. It was an alien concept to me, sit at a UB gig??? How am I going to be able to dance??? I found it very restrictive but have had to get used to it because now every time they come up here it's at the armadillo which is sadly seated.

Hall 4 might not have been the boys first love but it meant I could stand at the sides and dance my wee legs off and still see them.

In an ideal world they'd be playing at Barrowlands up here.

[ 06 May 2005: Message edited by: alliluvsmusic ]

Actually I've just remembered having a memory like a sieve that I'm telling porkies. The big hall at the SECC was all seated in 86 I think it was. Oooppps.

[ 07 May 2005: Message edited by: alliluvsmusic ]</p>

elaine2005
6th May 2005, 02:30 PM
seated would be good for disabled people. Some of them couldnt possibly stand through a gig IF AT ALL .

Rachel~B
6th May 2005, 02:30 PM
personally i dont like standing gigs...prefer seated...although I do stand of course...but I cant be dealin with all the silly pushin to get to the front etc...like to have my own lil space...NEC usually let the first 3 rows stand at the front which is fine as not much pushin n shovin goes on... :)

elaine2005
6th May 2005, 02:34 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rachel.B:
personally i dont like standing gigs...prefer seated...although I do stand of course...but I cant be dealin with all the silly pushin to get to the front etc...like to have my own lil space...NEC usually let the first 3 rows stand at the front which is fine as not much pushin n shovin goes on... :) <hr></blockquote>

Oh well ... will be nice looking at peeps backs then.

Hope they remember their deoderant
;)

Lord F
6th May 2005, 02:36 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr> <hr></blockquote>ThePrisoner Why the hell are most of the gigs fully seated? Surely the arenas can make more money if all the gigs are standing. <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr> <hr></blockquote>

pris the gigs are seated so us in our 40's can sit down for a rest between dances graemlins/laff.gif

graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif

Rachel~B
6th May 2005, 02:37 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by *elaine*:

Oh well ... will be nice looking at peeps backs then.

Hope they remember their deoderant
;) <hr></blockquote>

omg Elaine, Manchester springs to mind lmao...Anne and me were gettin very paranoid lmao...ya know shit is it me rofl...was so close to tellin some woman to keep her arms down...! graemlins/laff.gif near knock out...wheres the sick icon when you want it!

JEROEN.
6th May 2005, 03:34 PM
wel it is going to be mi first gig where mi have to sit down ...............
here in holland you can do both ........stand or sitting..........
hope but mi dont think that peeps going grazy of mi in the nec
because when mi hear the first tone of ub40 mi feeth want to make some movesssss
:D :D

allisman
6th May 2005, 03:36 PM
Yer So Fekin Stressed out after getting the tickets, you need the seat to assist your fainting and heart attacks......

*Cookie*
6th May 2005, 03:41 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by allisman:
Yer So Fekin Stressed out after getting the tickets, you need the seat to assist your fainting and heart attacks......<hr></blockquote>

:D