PDA

View Full Version : Ub40 Fanclub how come


rachelbutler
6th May 2005, 11:30 AM
...there isn't one?

...cause then the member's wouldn't have to be in the 'mosh pit' trying to vie for the best tickets/seats!!

..surely there's enough of us registered to keep the fees down :cool: Just a thought!!

Mick_f
6th May 2005, 01:27 PM
I know years ago there used to be some sort of fan club type thing i dont know what happened to it though.

Ali's Girl
6th May 2005, 01:31 PM
Very true....it would be good tho wouldnt it hey ADAM read these posts and maybe you can get all the guys down at DEP to make somet up!! :D graemlins/bigwink.gif graemlins/friends.gif

rachelbutler
6th May 2005, 01:48 PM
Yeah I'm not whining or anything but I just think that shouldn't the support work both ways?

I'm grateful for what we already have, just enquiring about extending the capabilities of this site :)

The Prisoner
6th May 2005, 01:48 PM
Who needs a fan club when we have the BB? Its all we need...


Pris. graemlins/smokin.gif

Coty
6th May 2005, 01:49 PM
YOU GO RIGHT AHEAD WITH YOUR BRILL IDEAS, U SMART LADY YOU! I LIKE THAT IDEA, WITH THE PRIORITY TICKETS AND WHAT NOT....THATD' BE IDEAL xxxx BIG LOVE graemlins/friends.gif graemlins/kiss.gif graemlins/love.gif

rachelbutler
6th May 2005, 01:50 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by micky_f:
I know years ago there used to be some sort of fan club type thing i dont know what happened to it though.<hr></blockquote>

Yeah can remember someone saying something about a fanclub then 'poooooffff' gone Micky!

elaine2005
6th May 2005, 02:32 PM
UB40 + the word FANCLUB doesn't roll off the tongue some how.

Aren't fanclubs for kids ?

Maybe members of their official website ( would be better ) ...

I KNOW its the same thing :D

jac'z
6th May 2005, 02:54 PM
Im with Racey on this one, other sites who have registered members, get reduced tickets and reserved seating deals so why not here? what ever way you look at the bb its still a fan club...just a posh one!!!! ;)

jac

Lord F
6th May 2005, 03:09 PM
great topic racey not sure where i stand on this though, fan club sound great however getting people to run one in the first place would be difficult,(unless your gonna run it) it wouldn't be fair making an online fan club cause not every fan has access to a puter, the guys fill every venue they play and just because we post on here or are registered here doesn't make us any bigger fans than anyone else,
:)

graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif

BRUMMY UB
6th May 2005, 11:06 PM
THE UBLOONIE CLUB, got a ring to it eh ;)

elaine2005
6th May 2005, 11:16 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by BRUMMY UB:
[b]THE UBLOONIE CLUB, got a ring to it eh :D

;)

rachelbutler
7th May 2005, 01:15 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by lazyj:
Im with Racey on this one, other sites who have registered members, get reduced tickets and reserved seating deals so why not here? what ever way you look at the bb its still a fan club...just a posh one!!!! ;)

jac<hr></blockquote>

Yeah Jac

I mean basically this is all the site needs a link titled 'tickets' graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif we all have registration numbers ain't we??

rachelbutler
7th May 2005, 01:26 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lord F:
[QBit wouldn't be fair making an online fan club cause not every fan has access to a puter, the guys fill every venue they play and just because we post on here or are registered here doesn't make us any bigger fans than anyone else,
:)

[/QB]<hr></blockquote>

Your right Tam wouldn't have to just be online, and I agree it doesn't make us the biggest fans just cause we post here but it certainly would make it easier come gig time if the ticketing process wasn't just a 'lucky dip' every time.

UB40 is the band, behind them is a huge organisation, I just think there must be room for us in there somewhere come gig time and once again this site rules as it is, I'm just thinking out loud


;)

Helena
10th May 2005, 09:58 AM
I think starting a fan club again is a great idea. i do see elaines point that 'fan club' does sound a bit childish but maybe it could be called something else. It would also be good for people that don't have internet access - it could be advertised at gigs, in magazines and stuff. They could charge a small annual membership and could send us a few freebies on joining and send us info about gigs and give priority booking to members. Coz even if they gave priority booking to bb members it still wouldn't stop the touts from registering and buying em. I think if a small fee was charged then only the big fans would join. graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

UB40IB32
10th May 2005, 10:13 AM
I have to agree with you helena it could be a UB40 membersclub with an annual fee and maybe a membership pas or card so not everyone coming on the bb , who isn't a fan of UB40,and reading the info could get there hands on preorder tickets and sell them for big money :)

McDub boy
10th May 2005, 02:14 PM
WELL SAID HELENA, :D .
McDub Boy
you and me
me and you

Mick_f
10th May 2005, 02:17 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Helena:
I think starting a fan club again is a great idea. i do see elaines point that 'fan club' does sound a bit childish but maybe it could be called something else. It would also be good for people that don't have internet access - it could be advertised at gigs, in magazines and stuff. They could charge a small annual membership and could send us a few freebies on joining and send us info about gigs and give priority booking to members. Coz even if they gave priority booking to bb members it still wouldn't stop the touts from registering and buying em. I think if a small fee was charged then only the big fans would join. graemlins/bouncegrey.gif <hr></blockquote>
Im all for this id pay to use the bb if it came to it
graemlins/bouncered.gif

elaine2005
10th May 2005, 02:22 PM
Never mind me ... im just a miserable cow , feeling my age. LOL ;)

Angel.
10th May 2005, 02:40 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by micky_f:
[b]
Im all for this id pay to use the bb if it came to it
:D

Love Angelxx

Mick_f
10th May 2005, 02:43 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by *elaine*:
[b]Never mind me ... im just a miserable cow , feeling my age. LOL :D graemlins/bouncered.gif

council house
10th May 2005, 03:40 PM
U2 do somthing similar before there concerts. Registered members get priority ticketing. There is a charge of about twenty squid but I am sure given UB40s history they will be fairer.

Good idea.