PDA

View Full Version : I must be cursed... where NEC is concerned

Poesiemau
6th May 2005, 09:48 AM
It's unbelievable how much bad luck one can have on booking tickets? For NEC in this case...

Tuesday, when presale started, i had good seats for NEC on both nights, 4th row from front. Then Ticketmaster website messed up and i couldn't use my creditcard anymore (their fault, not mine, i was valid for the money). Won't go in to detail about that, but by the time i could use my card again, all good seats were gone. So i figured to wait for general sales.

Missed out on the presale for NEC website, by the time i found out they were selling on thursday, all good seats were gone again!! Mind you, i mailed them on Tuesday to ask if there was going to be a presale... got a message back that they had no information whatsoever!!! No, how could you know, only 2 days ahead??!! Yeah right!

And today... i book 5th row tickets block B for NEC on December 22 (yes third night), have everything filled in as it should. But website won't process my request and suddenly third night date is gone too!! Called NEC, but apparently they never received the order :(

I give up, this year NEC is obviously is not meant to be for me. And with all the other things going on this year, flying over to Brum simply is too expensive just to sit all the way in the back at the gig :(

HAVE FUN, EVERYONE WHO IS GOING!!

NEPCHOON ROSE
6th May 2005, 09:51 AM
poes u are not the only one

Poesiemau
6th May 2005, 09:53 AM
Neppers, didn't i read in another post that Sting has got you a ticket for a very good seat at the NEC?? Take it girl, you deserve it!!! :)

PS My luck only ran out for NEC, got 1st row at Wembley, so UK gigs are not all lost on me ;)

paula1
6th May 2005, 10:01 AM
poes this is a nightmare for u,i think we are all having the same problem,we are all suffering,i think its about time dep had word with the ticket sellers to get things sorted out for the fans,after all this is wot the tour is all about
ub40 giving something back to the fans of 25yrs
not the blinking agent,it is our support over the last 25yrs that has paid all there wages even the ticket agents, i no we all want good seat and its not always possible,but at least give us a chance.
big love
paula
:(

Poesiemau
6th May 2005, 10:11 AM
Thanx Paula :)

paula1
6th May 2005, 10:14 AM
thats true poes we have got plenty to be going
on with,i will keep my fingers crossed for u,i no u are always at the nec gigs,lets hope it gets sorted for the next gigs.
big love
paula

Sarah.K
6th May 2005, 10:15 AM
Good luck Astrid hope you get what you want in the end!!
Look forward to catching up with you and Eloisa again graemlins/friends.gif graemlins/kiss.gif

Robinsduvet
6th May 2005, 11:33 AM
THATS BULLSHIT ABOUT THEM NOT KNOWING IF THEY WERE GONNA HAVE A PRESALE ON THURSDAY COS I HAD A LETTER FROM THE N.E.C ON TUESDAY SAYING THAT ON THURSDAY THEY WOULD BE DOING A PRESALE :mad:

graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif

alliluvsmusic
6th May 2005, 12:19 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Paula:
poes this is a nightmare for u,i think we are all having the same problem,we are all suffering,i think its about time dep had word with the ticket sellers to get things sorted out for the fans,after all this is wot the tour is all about
ub40 giving something back to the fans of 25yrs
not the blinking agent,it is our support over the last 25yrs that has paid all there wages even the ticket agents, i no we all want good seat and its not always possible,but at least give us a chance.
big love
paula
:( <hr></blockquote>

Well said Paula, all we want is the chance but nobody appears to be getting one.

So sorry for you Poes I know the NEC is always considered the favourite venue being the home turf and gigs there are always special. :(