PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow Tickets con gets bigger

allisman
6th May 2005, 09:27 AM
All of the tickets on sale for Glasgow are for the Wings only. The Centre Section is not yet on sale and is not expected to be on sale for the next 2 days.

The Centre allocation is 40% Secc the the rest to Ticket master. So as it has just been pointed out to me the tickets on sale - presale and all others are for wings, then circle , then balcony. Once all of those have gone the Centre Stalls will go on sale.

This has been confirmed by the SECC and Ticketmaster management.

Apparently this is to stop ticket touts and ebay sales,

B U L L S H I T...... this is to sell tickets for areas hard to sell.

And just as an added insult the ticket system between Secc and The other vendors are linked, so no matter where you go the seats will be the same.

Online at 9:00am ONly the rear stall on the SEcc web site

on the ticket master website i was offered T50 - T54
on the Ticketmaster booking line T50 - T54
On the Telephone to SECC T50 - T54

upon rejection the SECC offered K20 - K24

In other words to get a centre ticket you will need to either GAmble that you dont get a ticket or get a small Miracle, or by all accounts KNow sombody who works for Ticketmaster / SECC.

Virgin informed me that the only Tickets for front middle so far that they had seen were to a member of Staff.

Well pisssed off at this.

Jim

Sarah.K
6th May 2005, 09:29 AM
Thats total B*****ks cos I rang yesterday morning and got tickets in the centre dont let them fob u off!! :mad:

paula1
6th May 2005, 09:44 AM
that is total and utter shit wee got row d from the secc yesterday but it is to the side
big love
paula

allisman
6th May 2005, 10:01 AM
back on 22 minutes begging the girl, no tickets for the whole centre front stalls All are sold or allocated already and have been so since BEFORe the Presale.

The very best she could do was middle row S rear stalls.

Thsi is A fecking rip off, Glasgow can stick thier gigs in the Armadillo in future, bring back the SECC Standing / dancing areas.

Jim

paula1
6th May 2005, 10:09 AM
well i would love to no how the hell this is happening,and were the tickets were getting sold
because,we did not get a chance to buy,it is a f------ con,im am getting pig sick of it.
big love
paula :mad:

Poesiemau
6th May 2005, 10:21 AM
A bad luck string for u as well huh Jim? Hope it gets sorted in the end. Hopefully you'll get your lucky pick for good seats!!! :)

allisman
6th May 2005, 10:21 AM
Email to SECC Customer Services

My partner is a big UB40 fan and with the help of the band, I have been able to fulfil a couple of her “Dreams”. The last bit I had to arrange was the UB40 Concert on the 17th of December.

I wrote in and got myself on the presale list, I signed up on the presale list on the web you name it I did it, all for 4 front row tickets.

The tickets go on Presale and I am amongst the first to be there, Best offer Row R wings, nope, try the SECC Row H wings.

I then phone two days before they go on sale, and I am informed by the SECC that the tickets will only be sold from the 6th and not before. And it is suggested that the best way to guarantee the tickets is to stand outside the box office at 9:00am, with a mobile phone to the Secc an laptop connection to Ticket master and be first in the Queue.

I then find out on the UB40 Board that somebody has called in on the 5th to be told the tickets are on sale, I am straight on the telephone, the best tickets I can get are Row e 1 – 4 in the wings. I ask for Middle and I am told they are not in the SECC Allocation and the allocation is unknown.

I then spent the rest of the day and night phoning around checking the internet NOBODY HAS MIDDLE FRONT STALLS – NO ALLOCATION – NO SOLD – NO SALES. It is suggested that they are to be sold on the official day.

I do without my pain medication and sleeping tablets and spend the whole night waiting. From 08:55 I am calling the SECC, right up until you turn the switchboard on and I get through. The best tickets I am offered are row S wings. And I am told there are NO ALLOCATION for the middle.

I then go back around Virgin go live tickeweb ticketmaster, all I am getting is Row T wings.

I then call back to the SECC and I am told that I can now get middle tickets row S rear Stalls, and the all of the front stalls are sold or allocated.

To Whom? The Whole UB40 Fan Club have been clambering for tickets since before the Presales, with all ticket sales agencies, NO FRONT ROW / Stalls MIDDLE TICKETS.

If they were not on sale before 09:00 on the 6th of May, how were they all sold out by 09:00.45 on the 6th of May. All those tickets in less than 45 Seconds that includes the time it took the staff to type in the UB40 for the ticket availability.

This is ridiculous, there are either a lot of people lying or the tickets have been pre sold prior to the pre sale for EBAY or Ticket Tout sales. I feel as if I have to contact the department of Trading Standards about this, as well as the band and the promoters, There is something Fraudulent going on here

Jim Ford

allisman
6th May 2005, 10:33 AM
it Gets better and better, it's now 10:25 and low and behold the SECC web site is now selling front Stalls tickets......

At 9:00 there were none, no allocation etc, now there are.

What the F U C K is going on

I check again and 4 minutes later there are agian none

Once again i check 2 minutes later and the Wings are back in front stalls only

Rossy
6th May 2005, 10:57 AM
Hi Jim am not that bothered about the armadillo as its crap in there anyway but my seat is SECTION FCIR, ROW G, SEATS 28 TO 28
would have prefered it in the SECC all standing But the Lads dont like the Sound in there.
But my tickets for Brum are good row c SECTION BLK C, ROW H, SEATS 20 TO 20

Rossy :) :) :)

allisman
6th May 2005, 11:01 AM
This has got personal rossy dude, Dont mind where the seats are, it's the principal.

Every body Knows they will fill the hall No Problem. It's the fact that the best seats are going to "those and Such as those", not on a first come first server basis.

Probably wont evenbe ther thats the amusing bit :roll:

Still i promised allison i would get tickets for the front row for her, and if nothing else i do try to keep promises!!!

Jim
:roll: :roll:

Mick_f
6th May 2005, 12:34 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by allisman:
This has got personal rossy dude, Dont mind where the seats are, it's the principal.

Every body Knows they will fill the hall No Problem. It's the fact that the best seats are going to "those and Such as those", not on a first come first server basis.

Probably wont evenbe ther thats the amusing bit :roll:

Still i promised allison i would get tickets for the front row for her, and if nothing else i do try to keep promises!!!

Jim
:roll: :roll: <hr></blockquote>

This really stink jim i hope you can get it sorted m8 graemlins/friends.gif

allisman
6th May 2005, 02:34 PM
OK here is the latest,

Since 09:40 i have been on Ticket master and the SECC websites checking every couple of Seconds for MIDDLE tickets, appart from 3 in Row N Rear Stalls there have been NONE come up, though i could have got 2 tickets Row B..

I even checked a couple of external sources and found that i can even get Fron Row Tickets for Birmingham Block B dead centre.

I am on a mission here folks, Soul Rebel and his darling wife had actually got us tickets, which were VERY gratefull for.

But i want an explination and a PUBLIC Appology from whoever is casuing this Fiasco.

Virgin Tickets have actually had to refund some of the PRE-SECC PRe Sale Tickets, because the SECC Presale tickets were better, They are expecting People to come in and buy the Middle Tickets and have to refund the Tickets they have already.

WATCH THIS SPACE

NOT THIS SPACE

THE ONE ABOVE NOT THIS SPACE

Jim

:roll: graemlins/smokin.gif

HOMEGROWN BOY
6th May 2005, 02:37 PM
GOOD LUCK ON YOUR QUEST MATE. graemlins/friends.gif

graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/smokin.gif