PDA

View Full Version : ### 125.00 PER TICKET WHAT A CON ###

reasons
5th May 2005, 10:23 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6530298392&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:UK:1

WHAT A TWA! :mad: :mad: :mad:

STING
5th May 2005, 10:25 AM
this dunt surprise me in the slightest. good luck to him getting that kinda money!!!! :( :roll:

Helena
5th May 2005, 10:25 AM
jesus you'd have thought they'd have been at least front row :eek:

UB40IB32
5th May 2005, 10:29 AM
:eek: :eek:

elaine2005
5th May 2005, 10:31 AM
To be honest my feelings on this are same as they with anything you buy on ebay.

It's not what the person selling is asking 4 the item its what people are willing to pay.

I dont think you can blame someone for making money and so long as it is legal , scruples and consience dont come into it.

I see how UB fans can get angry about it, people cashing in on the fact that someone will pay big money to get the ticket than a non ub fan seemed to be able to get their hands on easily enough.

BUT ... Thats business isnt it. ?

CONTRAVERSIAL maybe but i have seen much worse things happen on ebay.

At the end of the day NO BUYERS = NO SALE.

So he or she would not be able to make any money if no one was buying it.

I think the real Q is how they managed to get the ticket to sell in the first place. IF its cus they got up earlier and got in there 1st, isnt it a case of FAIR PLAY to them ?

( as i know this post is gonna be as popular as a ginger haired step son ) SORRY to any red heads( digs hole deeper ). :o

IM OFF :eek: BBL graemlins/laff.gif >>>>>>> tiptoes out.

john(ub40)p
5th May 2005, 10:32 AM
for years we fans have been let down concerning tickets well i have always got mine through the usual outlets and very very very rare to be near the front anyway my mrs went on E BAY and bid on 2 BLOK A,ROW A at newcastle and won the bid and the total price was 106 only 53 per ticket not bad considering big love :D

Helena
5th May 2005, 10:37 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by john(ub40)p:
[b]for years we fans have been let down concerning tickets well i have always got mine through the usual outlets and very very very rare to be near the front anyway my mrs went on E BAY and bid on 2 BLOK A,ROW A at newcastle and won the bid and the total price was 106 only 53 per ticket not bad considering big love :)

*Cookie*
5th May 2005, 10:38 AM
im with you there elaine,
if people didnt buy them noone would sell em!!!
thats the world of buissness!!!!
:)

john(ub40)p
5th May 2005, 10:40 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by *elaine*:
To be honest my feelings on this are same as they with anything you buy on ebay.

It's not what the person selling is asking 4 the item its what people are willing to pay.

I dont think you can blame someone for making money and so long as it is legal , scruples and consience dont come into it.

I see how UB fans can get angry about it, people cashing in on the fact that someone will pay big money to get the ticket than a non ub fan seemed to be able to get their hands on easily enough.

I think the real Q is how they managed to get the ticket to sell in the first place. IF its cus they got up earlier and got in there 1st, isnt it a case of FAIR PLAY to them ?

( as i know this post is gonna be as popular as a ginger haired step son ) SORRY to any red heads( digs hole deeper ). :o

IM OFF :eek: BBL graemlins/laff.gif >>>>>>> tiptoes out.<hr></blockquote>

NICE POINT ELAINE IT MAKES ME WONDER HOW THEY GET THE TICKETS JUST AN EXAMPLE I LOGGED ON TO THE NEC SITE AT 9.50 am WHEN TICKETS WENT ON SALE AT 10.00 I STRAIGHT AWAY CLICKED ONTO BLOCK A NO SOONER HAD I DONE THAT A MESSAGE CAME ON SCREEN DISPLAYING THIS MESSAGE (AN ERROR HAS OCURED IN YOUR PROCESS) ALL BLOCKS WERE AVAILABLE THEN WELL WHEN I DONE IT AGAIN WITHIN SECONDS (BLOCKA,B,AND C) HAD GONE HMMMMMMMMMM MAKES ME WONDER I DONT AGREE WITH CERTAIN THINGS ON E BAY BUT ON THIS OCCASION BIG LOVE TO MY PARTNER FOR THE SAKE OF AN EXTRA TENNER WE ARE BLOCK A ROW A AT NEWCASTLE graemlins/smokin.gif

john(ub40)p
5th May 2005, 10:42 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by *elaine*:

IM OFF :eek: BBL graemlins/laff.gif >>>>>>> tiptoes out.<hr></blockquote>

NICE POINT ELAINE IT MAKES ME WONDER HOW THEY GET THE TICKETS JUST AN EXAMPLE I LOGGED ON TO THE NEC SITE AT 9.50 am WHEN TICKETS WENT ON SALE AT 10.00 I STRAIGHT AWAY CLICKED ONTO BLOCK A NO SOONER HAD I DONE THAT A MESSAGE CAME ON SCREEN DISPLAYING THIS MESSAGE (AN ERROR HAS OCURED IN YOUR PROCESS) ALL BLOCKS WERE AVAILABLE THEN WELL WHEN I DONE IT AGAIN WITHIN SECONDS (BLOCKA,B,AND C) HAD GONE HMMMMMMMMMM MAKES ME WONDER I DONT AGREE WITH CERTAIN THINGS ON E BAY BUT ON THIS OCCASION BIG LOVE TO MY PARTNER FOR THE SAKE OF AN EXTRA TENNER WE ARE BLOCK A ROW A AT NEWCASTLE graemlins/smokin.gif graemlins/smokin.gif

john(ub40)p
5th May 2005, 10:43 AM
SORRY BOUT THE DOUBLE CLICK :D I WILL BE OK AFTER MY COFFEE :D

robh
5th May 2005, 02:57 PM
any body paying that sort of money must crasy..... graemlins/smokin.gif graemlins/laff.gif

UBLutwyche
5th May 2005, 02:59 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by robh40:
[b]any body paying that sort of money must crasy..... :roll:

The Prisoner
5th May 2005, 07:38 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sean Lutwyche:

I must have been crazy then :roll: <hr></blockquote>

Yes at least u admit it.

Pris. graemlins/smokin.gif

style jc
5th May 2005, 10:15 PM
dont think its fair on us loonies we go to alot of gigs,and we get ripped off by the likes of ebay.all i can say is that they r a shower of shites lol :) :)

Mick_f
5th May 2005, 10:30 PM
The bit that realy pisses me off is i dont work as i was in a car accident in 94 and injured my head so you can imagine the money situation ie dole money etc so it was going to be tight getting tickets for any gig for me in the first place but people like that on ebay make it even harder i cant get tickets for a while yet so imagine what shite im gonna get(if i do) my wifes said well just get your self a ticket and go but i cant do that to her as i wanted to enjoy this together and i wouldnt enjoy iy knowing shes missing out.

Any how thats my grumble about ebay out the way lol sorry graemlins/laff.gif

style jc
5th May 2005, 11:26 PM
nice words micky f.hope u and ur wife get to go man.best of luck, :)