PDA

View Full Version : Help needed from Birmingham residents???

viki
4th May 2005, 09:35 PM
Hi, Can anybody reccomend a B & B thats close to the nec? I'm hoping to get tickets for 21st and will want to stay for a night or two! Cheers
graemlins/bouncepurple.gif graemlins/bouncepurple.gif

BRUMMY UB
4th May 2005, 09:52 PM
THERE IS A TRAVEL INN AT NEC ;)

style jc
4th May 2005, 10:03 PM
i think ill be going to the nec gigs and staying there.as no irish dates yet,ill wait in hope lol :)

Taffy aka SuzieQ
4th May 2005, 10:09 PM
Its all hotels and inns right by the NEC but theres a few guset houses around about 1- 2 miles from the NEC,if you want i can pm you the names and phone numbers?
Big love Taffy xxxxxx :D

BRUMMY UB
4th May 2005, 10:45 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Taffy:
Its all hotels and inns right by the NEC but theres a few guset houses around about 1- 2 miles from the NEC,if you want i can pm you the names and phone numbers?
Big love Taffy xxxxxx :D <hr></blockquote>

I DON'T FREQUENT GUSSET HOUSES :roll: graemlins/laff.gif MYSELF

STING
4th May 2005, 10:50 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by BRUMMY UB:

I DON'T FREQUENT GUSSET HOUSES :roll: graemlins/laff.gif MYSELF<hr></blockquote>

graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

Luci Lockit
4th May 2005, 11:32 PM
HI VIKI
I reccommend the Days inn at the Mailbox Brum- its an easy train ride to NEC, its as cheap as a B&B, but ur really close to the shopping and nightlife of Brum- if u stay near the NEC u are quite remote from all the fun Birmingham has to offer!
Big love
Luci

Rachel~B
4th May 2005, 11:36 PM
so lucy...you saying chelmsley wood is boring lmao... :)
but if you like clubs etc...you'll be ok...!

Taffy aka SuzieQ
4th May 2005, 11:41 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by BRUMMY UB:
[b]

I DON'T FREQUENT GUSSET HOUSES :D

Luci Lockit
4th May 2005, 11:41 PM
No Rach!!! I wouldna dare!
But if your on public transport all the hotels at NEC are a pain- and expensive, I just think Brum has much to see and do- Ive stayed at the Days inn loads, and its lovely to be that central, Bullring is the biggest shopping centre in Europe ya no- what a travesty to not have a little peek!!! Not to mention the designer Mailbox, where noone can afford a thing!
And a little pre drink by the canal b4 the show... perfect!!
LOL
Luci x

Rachel~B
5th May 2005, 07:30 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Taffy:

:D <hr></blockquote>

speak for yourself Sue...I have a dictionary and I know how to use it :D but mailbox is a bit pricey :p

Sarah.K
5th May 2005, 08:19 AM
Ooooooo Mailbox is my fave place...Harvey Nichs here i come :D Dinner at Zizzis then pre show drinkies at Bar room bar mmmmmm sounds a plan graemlins/smokin.gif

Just Bianca
5th May 2005, 08:46 AM
Does anyone have a link of that place please.

xxx bianca

Sarah.K
5th May 2005, 08:52 AM
www.mailboxlife.com (http://www.mailboxlife.com)

www.daysinn.com (http://www.daysinn.com)

Just Bianca
5th May 2005, 08:55 AM
Thank you so much Sarah.

xxx Bianca graemlins/kiss.gif

viki
5th May 2005, 10:48 PM
That would be good if you could pass on those names and numbers for me taffy :)

Thanks everyone, I cant wait till december!! So how far is the Eagle and Tun pub from the nec?? :D

Rachel~B
5th May 2005, 10:56 PM
the E&T is about 20 mins drive, traffic depending... :)

[ 05 May 2005: Message edited by: Rachel.B ]</p>

viki
5th May 2005, 10:58 PM
Thanks, are there any other ub landmarks I can visit while in their neck of the woods??? :)