PDA

View Full Version : Pre Sale = Really Rip Off

allisman
3rd May 2005, 06:11 PM
OK for the pas god knows how long i have been awaiting this crap site to actually get seats anywhere in the middle,

Right wing or left wing, no problem, as long as you dont want anything under row 12.

Nothing in the building for the middle.

Ebay and silly money again by the looks of things.

I have decided to set a limit of 300 for Glasgow front row tickets, any more than that and i will have to sell organs!!!....

Ok Pree Sale...... 1 kidney, lightly used in good working order, pre-set Jack Daniles immunity,

400 or 2 UB40 VIP Tickets

Jim

The Prisoner
3rd May 2005, 06:50 PM
I agree

Pris. :mad:

BRIDMADHOUSE
3rd May 2005, 07:19 PM
its same with sheffield arena :mad: :mad:

Bembo
3rd May 2005, 07:28 PM
think most of UB massive get middle block,after all they have got a big following.....
ub always..xx
:D graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/love.gif

allisman
3rd May 2005, 07:58 PM
OK Agreed on the fact that there are a lot of Tickets to be pre sold, but i have been looking all day!

Al of the Centre Tickets look like they have already been pre - pre sold to either ticket companies or touts.

Really Disapointed in this.

You do not mind picking up the dregs and the Gash seats if you have been tardy, and missed everything by weeks. But to be offered dregs and Gash at top Dollar on pre day 1

this is unreal.

OK i will now accept offers on Pre Sale organs, but only for VIP tickets.

Jim

:roll: graemlins/smokin.gif

UBLutwyche
3rd May 2005, 08:03 PM
:eek: Come on guys. Whats ya problem.

We all had a moan a few months back regarding the HMH and RAH tickets. The way the ticket process was handled, and all the touts on ebay etc. We all went on about the venues letting us have first choice etc. So thats whats happened thanks to Adam.

But you can't expect to get hold of ALL the best seats for EVERY gig. That just wouldn't be fair. Regardless of whether we are hardcore fans. Other people need to have a chance of seeing them aswell. They don't have to be hardcore fans. And if they are not hardcore then they wouldn't know about thr presale tickets. So then they would expect to get good seats when they go on general sale.

What more can we all ask for ? We get first choice of the tickets. Fair's fair.

BUGHEAD
3rd May 2005, 08:30 PM
respect sean! nicely said, look forward to seeing you at brighton.x :D

UBLutwyche
3rd May 2005, 08:32 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by IB NEARLY40BABE:
respect sean! nicely said, look forward to seeing you at brighton.x :D <hr></blockquote>

brighton it is then :D

elaine2005
3rd May 2005, 08:33 PM
As its my 1st ever gig id be happy to be sat on the roof ;) graemlins/laff.gif

alliluvsmusic
3rd May 2005, 08:44 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sean Lutwyche:
[b] :o

Bembo
3rd May 2005, 08:48 PM
totally agree...........nuff said :mad: :mad:
u b xx
:confused:

BRIDMADHOUSE
3rd May 2005, 08:50 PM
well said graemlins/beer.gif

allisman
3rd May 2005, 09:02 PM
ok agreed about the possibility of Ebay touts etc, but look at the number of English Concerts and the Number of Scottish ones!

I have normally no objection to travelling to Gigs, in fact i have taken allison all over for gigs, this time it's a little different.

Lots of Ocassions, more than 80% we have been lucky if we were on the same floor let alone front row, It did not spoil the gig or the ocassion, but these were PRE SALE - Not Extras offered after sale.

So to Expect the Best seats in the house, yes i guess most people would - but all i was expecting was "REASONABLE", not the gash you would only take at the last minute.

So the wait is on, Friday we will see if there are any "Decent" tickets otherwise Ebay here we come. And we will pay 10 to 15 times the face value for decent tickets.

I would rather pay the same amount to Brian and Co for the charity and have seats at the back of the hall in the middle, at my own choice, not accept crap even Gold Gilted crap, at some other persons Discrescion.

The Gig should be excellent if the new album is anything to go by, Amazing what happens when you know a couple of pressers!!!

Jim

elaine2005
3rd May 2005, 09:06 PM
400 is a LOT of ... you must both REALLY want it.

Did you think of phoning dep about it ?

sorry obvious Q. :o

allisman
3rd May 2005, 09:09 PM
Sod that for a game of Soldier..... The Kidney is 400,

I am only going as high as 300 for the tickets, that leaves 100 for beer tokens.......

Jim

NEPCHOON ROSE
3rd May 2005, 09:10 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by allisman:
[b]ok agreed about the possibility of Ebay touts etc, but look at the number of English Concerts and the Number of Scottish ones!

I have normally no objection to travelling to Gigs, in fact i have taken allison all over for gigs, this time it's a little different.

Lots of Ocassions, more than 80% we have been lucky if we were on the same floor let alone front row, It did not spoil the gig or the ocassion, but these were PRE SALE - Not Extras offered after sale.

So to Expect the Best seats in the house, yes i guess most people would - but all i was expecting was "REASONABLE", not the gash you would only take at the last minute.

So the wait is on, Friday we will see if there are any "Decent" tickets otherwise Ebay here we come. And we will pay 10 to 15 times the face value for decent tickets.

I would rather pay the same amount to Brian and Co for the charity and have seats at the back of the hall in the middle, at my own choice, not accept crap even Gold Gilted crap, at some other persons Discrescion.

The Gig should be excellent if the new album is anything to go by, Amazing what happens when you know a couple of pressers!!!

Jim
:D

NEPCHOON ROSE
3rd May 2005, 09:16 PM
just like to say i spent all morning trying to get tickets to avail, get live was slow and crashed while trying book tickets somewhere in row z to the tenth power just oustide staffordshire :( you cannot begrude people a little moan..if they are fustrated....i am still trying to get tickets and still no joy...and if friday is anything like today looks like i may not end up with any tickets at all

reasons
3rd May 2005, 09:52 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

I AGREE THE TICKETING SYSTEM FOR US SO CALLED DIE HARD FANS WAS A JOKE...

I WISH THIS WAS A PROPER PRE-SALE TO JUST REGISTERED USERS OF THIS WEBSITE,AFTER ALL THIS IS A UB40 WEBSITE AND WE HAD NOTIFICATION OF A PRESALE WHICH IS NOT A PRESALE IF EVERYONE HAS ACCESS TO THE INFO

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS SIGN UP FOR GET SLOW....SORRY GET LIVE WHICH IS OWNED BY OUR FAVOURITE TICKET SELLERS "TICKETMASTER" !!! BUT THEY GUY I SPOKE TO SAID THEY WERE NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM.

BUT ALL LINKS WERE TO THEM :mad: :mad: :mad:

THE PRESALE WAS FOR 09.00 OR 10.00 CARDIFF DID NOT COME ON SALE UNTIL AFTER MIDDAY,WHAT A JOKE

ONLY AFTER ONE LAST DESPERATE CLICK AND REFRESH OF THE PRESALE PAGE DID I GET THROUGH TO A BUYING PAGE....

WHAT A LOAD OF B*!!*(KS

THIS IS IN NO WAY A SLIGHT ON UB40 WHATSOEVER BUT ON THE DISTRIBUTORS OF THE TICKETS.

TOTALLY P!$$D OFF

:mad: :mad:

janice
3rd May 2005, 09:54 PM
ive been tryin as well and cant get any where :(

reasons
3rd May 2005, 09:55 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

[ 03 May 2005: Message edited by: chuca5 ]</p>

allisman
4th May 2005, 03:34 PM
Just got the low down from the Horses mouth, The Block allocation for the presale was agreed by the venue and the Ticket seller as "Reduced insentive".

This means that they were selling tickets that under normal circumstances would be hard to shift.

Nobody is able to tell who has the "Front Row" allocation out of all of the ticket agencies.

It is however NOT SECC.

So Glasgow Front Row will be Ticketmaster or Virgin.

Jim

Helena
4th May 2005, 03:39 PM
i found site was real slow and took ages to load. and also, i kept finding decent seats wbut when i thought i;d ordered them it would say - sorry but you took to long with your order (there was a 5 minute time limit) when theres no way in the world i'd taken 5 minutes as i was so concious of the time limit i typed everythign in in super fast time. i think it was a bit unreliable.

Helena
4th May 2005, 03:42 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by allisman:
Just got the low down from the Horses mouth, The Block allocation for the presale was agreed by the venue and the Ticket seller as "Reduced insentive".

This means that they were selling tickets that under normal circumstances would be hard to shift.

Nobody is able to tell who has the "Front Row" allocation out of all of the ticket agencies.

It is however NOT SECC.

So Glasgow Front Row will be Ticketmaster or Virgin.

Jim<hr></blockquote>

thats another thing thats annoyed me - no-one will tell us who has what allocation. Rather than give us the pre-sale option i'd just rather we were told who exactly has which seats and when each person will be selling them. That way we can be sure where we wanna order them from and make sure we get in there as early as we can.

Lacky
4th May 2005, 03:59 PM
ALLISMAN. IF it,s the glasgow secc gig your after,you don,t need too worry about seats,if it,s back in the main secc block it will be standing,phone and check.Rossy boy may be able too correct me i know the last one was in the armadillo but it says the clyde auditorium hope this helps :) graemlins/beer.gif

*Cookie*
4th May 2005, 04:03 PM
so sorry if i sound a lil blonde???
are you all saying that you went through go live and got rubbish seats? and that noone got good seats???
we went through go live and got ace seats for all our gigs, there must be some who got good seats!!
or are you all saying that the best seats were not for sale :confused:

Helena
4th May 2005, 04:09 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by C00k1e:
so sorry if i sound a lil blonde???
are you all saying that you went through go live and got rubbish seats? and that noone got good seats???
we went through go live and got ace seats for all our gigs, there must be some who got good seats!!
or are you all saying that the best seats were not for sale :confused: <hr></blockquote>

what i found confusing was that we didn't know what allocation were available. For a few of the venues i got offered kinda medeocre (dunno if thats how you spell it) seats so was then in a delemer whether to book em in case i couldn't get better or wait till friday and try and get good ones - running the risk of getting shi.t ones. If it is made clear which areas are on sale from which agents then we'll have a better idea on whether to wait or go for it anyway. I got decent seats at one venue but didn't get from another in case it turns out i can get better somewhere else.

Nicola R
4th May 2005, 05:53 PM
It's definately a very unreliable way to get the best seats -
I tried to book for Sheffield -Tuesday
@ dinnertime - blk A row 16 available....if I were in a panic I may have bought em but I waited til T-TIME & got- BLK C row 2........

Had a look today & it's BLK A again row 17
SO what happened to the middle blk B ?

they could at least let you choose which block & show which seats are sold/available

[ 04 May 2005: Message edited by: OraCabeSsa in the mOOnshine ]</p>

The Prisoner
4th May 2005, 06:00 PM
This whole pre-sale ticket system is gash and someone needs to pull their fingers out of their arse. :mad:

Pris. graemlins/smokin.gif

UB40IB32
4th May 2005, 06:31 PM
:roll: graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

UBLutwyche
4th May 2005, 06:37 PM
STOP YA WHINGING :roll:

alliluvsmusic
4th May 2005, 07:23 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sean Lutwyche:
STOP YA WHINGING :roll: <hr></blockquote>

We'll quit whinging if you quit bragging. :roll:

UB40IB32
4th May 2005, 07:47 PM
:eek: :eek: graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

allisman
4th May 2005, 09:08 PM
Well Dick weed - I will meet up with you at a concert some time and make sure you have one bollock rammed up yer fecking neck - that should leave you with an empty sack!

The only person that makes derogitory remarks about Alli is me, and i dont.

This board is about helping each other out, noit getting one over and braagging about it.

I have good reason for trying to get good tickets, and i feel that everybody on the board should be aware of the ticket situation, to allow them the option of accepting gash or waiting for decent.

We cannot all be over paid under worked loud mouthed prats, though your last few posts seem to prove you are.

The information came from the SECC not anybody else so i would assume they are correct in thier statement.

PS folks the Auditorium is the Armadillo.

So for those that actually want to enjoy the concert and get good seats i will be finding out who has the ticket allocations tommorow and i will let you all know.

For the ticket braggers, enjoy the view of the backs of the heads.

Jim

UBLutwyche
4th May 2005, 09:15 PM
:( :(

[ 04 May 2005: Message edited by: Sean Lutwyche ]</p>

allisman
4th May 2005, 09:21 PM
well i am a pained bad tempered nasty ex paratrooper, and an insult is an insult, especially since i do not watch the program and did not know the quote, it looked to me as if it was a slanderous remark.

I dont mind Mindless Violence for the correct cause, been there done that will do it again.

It would be better to edit the post making the situation clear and appologise to Allison rather than remain a Sarcastice Pre corpse.

jim

UBLutwyche
4th May 2005, 09:26 PM
You're gonna have to tell me what concert you're going to because I don't want my enjoyment ruined by a pained bad tempered nasty ex paratrooper.

I think what you said to me was a bit harsh. I'm upset by what you said. :( I can go OTT sometimes with what I say but ask anyone what ever I say is meant as joke, and I hope for it to be taken as a joke (unless otherwise stated :D )

alliluvsmusic
4th May 2005, 09:27 PM
Well Sean I don't know you, you don't know me so how you thought I could see a funny side to being insulted I don't know. I don't watch Little Britain, never seen it in my life so I wouldn't have a clue it came from there.

Looks like we got off on the wrong foot but you do seem to thrive on getting negative reactions around here.

I've been told you've edited the comment that's fair enough I'll drop the complaint.

I'm not an unreasonable person Sean just never make a joke at my expense when I'm not in on it, that way nobody gets hurt.

allisman
4th May 2005, 09:31 PM
Jokes are fine if they are made in that frame, but slanderous insults are not acceptable.

Hurt me or mines and i will hurt back, You are the first person in all the time on the board that has actually got me to the verge of wishing to take "A personal involvement", I enjoy a joke as muchas the next person so does alli, but there is a line.

PLease do not cross it again.

Subject dropped, But for Future reference, that was not Idle, that was a promise!

If you make a Quote, also Quote your Source, Then it amy have been seen as the Sick Joke that it was meant to be..

Jim

UBLutwyche
4th May 2005, 09:34 PM
I think I better keep low for a bit until the dust settles (if it ever does :rolleyes :)

I'll speak to the tooth fairy later to see if she can make be serious again.

:roll:

alliluvsmusic
4th May 2005, 09:35 PM
You're gonna have to tell me what concert you're going to because I don't want my enjoyment ruined by a pained bad tempered nasty ex paratrooper.

I think what you said to me was a bit harsh. I'm upset by what you said. :( I can go OTT sometimes with what I say but ask anyone what ever I say is meant as joke, and I hope for it to be taken as a joke (unless otherwise stated :D )<hr></blockquote>

Well next time I'll make a post asking people "hey do you think Sean was joking or not??" ;) or a ;)

UBLutwyche
4th May 2005, 09:39 PM
Well out of the 10 gigs I'm going to :D Yes 10 gigs :D Glasgow is not one of them.

Please note I was actually bragging that time @bigwink:

UBLutwyche
4th May 2005, 09:50 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by alliluvsmusic:
Well next time I'll make a post asking people "hey do you think Sean was joking or not??" graemlins/laff.gif <hr></blockquote>

Why don't you make one now ?? I'd love to hear what people have got to say about me. If they thought I was being serious or slanderous, then that would make book my ideas up.

Lou.B
4th May 2005, 09:52 PM

Why don't you make one now ?? I'd love to hear what people have got to say about me. If they thought I was being serious or slanderous, then that would make book my ideas up.<hr></blockquote>

Well you know what i think of you :eek: graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

Dutchess
4th May 2005, 10:01 PM
hmmm...tough one...got three words for ya:

SHUT IT SEAN! :D

graemlins/kiss.gif

gaynorubfan05
4th May 2005, 10:08 PM
sean i hope you will enjoy your trip to see ub40 at all the gig you got tickets so far and that is amazing and well done
and mark my nephew is getting me a ticket for nec on friday and he and his girlfriend is coming aswell and it be my first time seeing ub40 andhe know i loves ub40 a lot and he like a brother to me as i lost my brother geoff nearly 4 years ago and he has a couple of ub40 records

and i hope i see you there sean
from gaynor :)

john(ub40)p
4th May 2005, 10:08 PM
got my tickets sorted pretty crap considering they are PR-SALE anyway against my wishes my partner bid on 2 FRONT BLOCK ROW A AT NEWCASTLE for 106 well thats ebay for ya over the years i have genuinly brought my tickets through normal proceedures but feel let down anyway thats how it goes big love

NEPCHOON ROSE
4th May 2005, 10:09 PM
:roll:

alliluvsmusic
4th May 2005, 10:27 PM

Why don't you make one now ?? I'd love to hear what people have got to say about me. If they thought I was being serious or slanderous, then that would make book my ideas up.<hr></blockquote>

Sean I don't like bad vibes on the board, it's not nice for others and offputting for new peeps or those thinking about joining.

Let's just put it behind us, for future reference I now know not to take anything you say too seriously okay??? :)

UBLutwyche
4th May 2005, 10:30 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by alliluvsmusic:
Let's just put it behind us, for future reference I now know not to take anything you say too seriously okay??? :) <hr></blockquote>

unless otherwise stated :D

alliluvsmusic
4th May 2005, 10:42 PM

unless otherwise stated :D <hr></blockquote>

lol okay unless "otherwise stated" :D

Lacky
5th May 2005, 12:22 AM
hi, so the clyde aud.., is the armadillo how is the seating and sound in there graemlins/beer.gif

*Cookie*
5th May 2005, 09:40 AM

We'll quit whinging if you quit bragging. :roll: <hr></blockquote>

graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

Jaye
5th May 2005, 06:13 PM
:roll: LET'S HOPE THIS HAS PUT ALOT OF THEM IN THERE PLACES AND TEACH THEM TO..... 'RESPECT'..... EACH INDIVIDUAL AS A PERSON AND NOT ANOTHER DIP STICK LIKE THEMSELVES. graemlins/laff.gif TAKE CARE YOU TWO AND SPEAK SOON.

JAYE. graemlins/bigwink.gif