PDA

View Full Version : has anyone seen bob marley!

ruby
29th April 2005, 10:09 PM
my mum an dad saw bob at colston hall,bristol in 1976 and we r researchin it xx :)

UBLutwyche
29th April 2005, 10:11 PM
seen him this morning on the bus :D

ruby
29th April 2005, 10:14 PM
must of been his twin!!

STING
29th April 2005, 10:15 PM
he brings our milk :p

ruby
29th April 2005, 10:16 PM
u wish graemlins/smokin.gif

UBLutwyche
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ruby:
must of been his twin!!<hr></blockquote>

do you have to spoil it :(

:D

ruby
u wish graemlins/smokin.gif graemlins/smokin.gif graemlins/smokin.gif

Skirge, The Chef
29th April 2005, 10:18 PM
No I am affraid I was a we bit young, I would ahve loed to have seen him peform live though. I bet its something your parents will never forget. :D

ruby
29th April 2005, 10:19 PM
who :confused:

STING
29th April 2005, 10:20 PM
seriously though, i wanted to see him in 1980 desperately in london but couldn't afford it(too many ub gigs in the pipeline). i thought i'd catch him again the following year, but sadly he died that year. i was sooooo gutted!!!! :( :( :(

ruby
29th April 2005, 10:22 PM
they said it was a red hot nite and heaving!!! they r only 52 now so not old yet.. really!!! :D ;)

STING
29th April 2005, 10:23 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ruby:
they said it was a red hot nite and heaving!!! they r only 52 now so not old yet.. really!!! :D ;) <hr></blockquote>

i've seen him live tons of times on video and on telly and have dreamed about being there. it's my ultimate wish to have seen the guy. he was the don!!!!!

ruby
29th April 2005, 10:25 PM
they r big big reggae fans my dad espesh!!! his music collection is amazing xx

HOMEGROWN BOY
29th April 2005, 11:06 PM
What they on ?, GIVE ME SOME .i never seen BOB LIVE before. :p

graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/smokin.gif

[ 29 April 2005: Message edited by: HOMEGROWN BOY ]</p>

butler
30th April 2005, 05:12 AM
Bob Marley and the Wailers, played Melbourne in 1980 I do remember, that I knew he was here at the time but becouse I was only 10 I was to young to go along to the concert but I did buy the Kaya album about a year or so later it was one of the first records I ever purchased, I guess it was then that my parents and me parted ways as they had lost all hope of me ever becomeing a Gene Pitney, Burl Ives or Bob Segar fan...

Also "LEGEND" has it that Bob Marley and the Wailers supported Fleetwood Mac a few years earlyer here in Melbourne at Festival Hall when they had finished playin' the crowd went wild and a further 15 mins or so of cheering for Bob to come back on stage resulted in another set beeing played, after that just about half of the venue left leaving the main act playing to half a house, with wich "RUMOURS" were spread of Fleetwood Mac being severely pissed at this, I guess thats when Bob and Fleetwood Mac parted ways graemlins/laff.gif

I did try and get some links for this story but I can't seem to find anything maybe someone else can shed some light for you...

ruby
1st May 2005, 10:12 PM
yeh they r mad on fleetwoodmac aswell

Waltjo
1st May 2005, 10:33 PM
I jus bought a Fleetwood Mac cd, I like them, not as muc as UBs but they are a good group.