PDA

View Full Version : British Elections 2005...do you vote?

Reza
29th April 2005, 02:42 PM
Given the many references to government in UB40 lyrics, i was wondering how seriously do Brits take the elections?
Watching the roadshows of the various parties, and the attention given to Britains involvement in the war, have you become disillusioned with your leadership?

And, does WHO YOU FIGHTING FOR apply as a question if more Brits were summonsed to take up arms for wars that should simply never become a war to begin with?

I ask this question here because the new album will be full of thought provoking lyrics...and ure going to be singing em, humming em etc...but does it mean anything to you? or is it just a nice riddim that gets you ?
Me personally, i delve deep into the lyrics...understand em first...and only than do i get into the music...

[ 29 April 2005: Message edited by: Reza ]</p>

oLdbOi
29th April 2005, 03:13 PM
..UB's tend to have a smoov way to wrap up the message... ;) ..lyrics cushioned on a bed of sweet reggae music...both equally making the track what it is....
as for politics...that's for grown ups, I sit n laugh at the lot of them!...lol
dem all sharpenin' up dem knives..trust none!

bOi

jahnus
29th April 2005, 03:35 PM
all politrics is say......always saying this and saying that.......and they change nothing for the comon hard working clash

greetings jahnus graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif graemlins/bounce.gif

UB40IB32
29th April 2005, 03:39 PM
politicians make promises they can't keep I also like to understand the lyrics but most of the time it's a combination of the lyrics and the rhytm I like until now I've liked all the songs of UB40 :D

Lord F
29th April 2005, 03:42 PM
so perfectly put oLdbOi, sharpening dem knives to stick in someones back,

Reza , the turnout of voters wont be very high i would say around 60%, people are generally fed up with elections it seems every year we are asked to vote for something ( local council, european parliament,scottish parliament etc)

graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif

Skirge, The Chef
29th April 2005, 03:44 PM
Well one thing you can be sure of we won't be voting BNP! I dont really think any of them are worth voting for but we will probably vote Lib Dem's as they were the only party that wanted to help us in our plea for rehousing, if it had not been for a great Lib Dem councilor we would have been stuck in our old home. But really that comes under the local elections.

Rachel~B
29th April 2005, 03:48 PM
I have never voted...dont intend to start either... :)
It all goes over the top of my head to be honest, they all contradict themselves...makin promises they cant keep...load of crap...cant be dealin with it :roll:

[ 29 April 2005: Message edited by: Rachel.B ]</p>

Mick_f
29th April 2005, 03:53 PM
My votes On ub40 Stuff the politicians graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif

Rossy
29th April 2005, 03:54 PM
For me its any party that gets the ilegal imigrants out of Great Britain

Rossy :) :) :)

Rudie
29th April 2005, 04:00 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rossy Boy:
For me its any party that gets the ilegal imigrants out of Great Britain

Rossy :) :) :) <hr></blockquote>

Cant see any of em doin that,2 many now :p

*Cookie*
29th April 2005, 04:33 PM
i always vote, simply because if you dont use your vote you dont have the right to moan, not sure who for thid year tho, seems each party want to do something i dont like, or leave something alone that i want changed,
i just want a party to stick up for familys, ie a family that has both parents married etc, seems to us you only get help if your a single parent, imigrant or on low income,
seem to me those like us who are a couple average income, get pinalised, have to pay student fees for me, childcare whilst at uni is 110 a week,
yet if i was a single parent family they would chuck money at me to study
"support familys" thats what i say

jahnus
29th April 2005, 04:41 PM
is it iligal people or foreigners what are not wanted.......cause if i would live in england (im a white guy)and did that iligal some how i dont think i would be looked at that way

i mean its a racial thing sad enough people dont like to see other cultures among there own ........unles they make the food(chinese food/kebab/pizza and so on)

iligal is iligal but i dont think iligal is the point here :( :(

greetings jahnus graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif graemlins/bounce.gif

Helena
29th April 2005, 04:42 PM
not sure whether i'll vote as there isn't a party that i completely agree with. they ll have their faults and plus points. Has anyone seen that people are selling their votes on ebay? I saw one up for 100 yesterday. I was thinking of doin that but i've heard it's highly illegal so i'm not sure in case i get caught. graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

*Cookie*
29th April 2005, 04:49 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Helena:
[b] Has anyone seen that people are selling their votes on ebay? I saw one up for 100 yesterday. I was thinking of doin that but i've heard it's highly illegal so i'm not sure in case i get caught. :)

Rudie
29th April 2005, 04:53 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jahnus:
is it iligal people or foreigners what are not wanted.......cause if i would live in england (im a white guy)and did that iligal some how i dont think i would be looked at that way

i mean its a racial thing sad enough people dont like to see other cultures among there own ........unles they make the food(chinese food/kebab/pizza and so on)

iligal is iligal but i dont think iligal is the point here :( :(

greetings jahnus graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif graemlins/bounce.gif <hr></blockquote>

I do not mind at all about other cultures,my husband is foreign,who has always worked and we now have our own business,what pisses me off is that Mr Blair has closed his eyes to the ammount he has let come in,fair enough if they are in fear of their lives...then welcome. But too many now know this country is an easy ride,"come to England,they give ya money (plenty of it) a house,a grant to do the house up"

See where Rossy`s comin from,if there`s a valid reason to flee their country,but comin for whats on offer????? Noooooooooooooooo

Sorry Jahnus not gettin at you graemlins/laff.gif just i could stand on me soap box all day bout that issue graemlins/laff.gif

[ 29 April 2005: Message edited by: Rudie ]</p>

alliluvsmusic
29th April 2005, 05:27 PM
Darn right I vote it was only in 1918 that women were finally allowed but they had to be over 30.

The right to vote for all at the age of 18 only came into effect in 1969, before that you had to be 21.

200 years before that it was those and such as those not the working class man who was profoundly affected by the decision makers but could do nothing about it.

No matter what your political preferences are I think it's important to take 5 minutes out of your life and go vote.

Low election turn outs also mean results are not a true reflection or representation, we're only getting the newsflash not the fully covered story and a political party who wins an election with a low turnout might not have won had more people actually voted.

There are many people in other countries who are harrassed and threatened with violence on polling day yet they still go.

So vote dammit!!!

graemlins/friends.gif graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/friends.gif

DJ
29th April 2005, 07:15 PM
yeah, have to agree with alliluvsmusic here, come on guys, think of those who would love the opportunity to make a difference, but dont get the chance.

ooops, is that controversy from sutton's 2nd most famous dj (behind bob in O'neills)???

anyways, will most definately vote - hell, it may be my only night out of the month ;)

[ 29 April 2005: Message edited by: DJ ]</p>

Pigsy
29th April 2005, 07:19 PM
any party who legalises the GANGA MAN!!!!!!

Waltjo
29th April 2005, 08:55 PM
I shall be voting Labour, with the hope that Gordon Brown will become the leader eventually.
I think it's important to vote as the working class men and women have had hard battles to win the right to vote. And you can't change anything unless you use your vote.
graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif

j59
29th April 2005, 09:10 PM
graemlins/bounceblack.gif I shall be voting.
Alli , you sounding like my mum graemlins/laff.gif You have to vote , women fought long and hard to get that right graemlins/bigwink.gif
love jx

UBLutwyche
29th April 2005, 09:32 PM
I think I might vote :D I vote for Labout. TOny Blair has done a fantastic job. Everyone keeps blaming Tony Blair for this and that. But think about it. Conservatives were in power for 18 years and completely ****ed the country up. It was them that started letting the immigrants in big style. Tony Blair has been in 8 years. He has to clear up 18 years of shit plus the years that he is in power. This guy is running the whole country. A lot of work for one man. 8 years is a long time I know, but its gonna take longer than that to sort out the country. GIVE HIM A CHANCE.

This shit about the Iraqi war. What would you have done? I don't just say "I'd say no". Think about it. What if in a few years time when Saddam is still roaming the streets and he digs out his weapons. We are ****ed. And they'll be more than a few soldiers lives gone. AND... would people blame Tony Blair. If we left it and done nothing about it. It would be good short term, but what about long term. Now, the weapons may not be found yet, and it may seem ****ed up at the moment. But in the long term it would have been worth it. Its just the short term.

This thing with immigration. Its nothing to do with Tony Blair closing his eyes. Thats bullshit. He simply can't say NO and send everyone back and stop them coming. Do you want another ****ing war or something. The majority are muslims etc, right. There would be uproar across the country, especially in Birmingham. He has to do it slowly. And there was no point in him starting to do it, because he doesn't know how long he is gonna be in power. But as soon as he reelected then I think that will be the next thing on his list.

Come on guys. Is he really that bad. Who you rather have Tony Blair, who you know, and know what to expect from him, or Michael Howard, and bald head with glasses who looks more like a ****ing headmaster, and not sure how he is gonna run the country (plus he is conservative and look what happened last time). Maybe Charles Kennedy/Brian Travers would be alright and he has said some goos stuff. But he doesn't seem that experienced if you know what I mean.

But I'm gonna vote for labour anyway. :D

Rossy
29th April 2005, 09:40 PM
No its nothing racist
dont panic
funny though how its always the imigrants that are first to asume its a racisim thing.
sorry but its a British thing i want to keep my country from spilling over
its bad enough now us locals struggle to get Jobs and Houses because Imigrants come here and take priority over us!
now am all in favour of helping other people regardless of race creed and colour after all i am a UB40 fan but we have a saying here wich i wished more polotitions would say
thats Charity begins at home First!
my brother is married with 2 children and is told he has to wait 4 more years for a council house as priority is given to folk moving into the country,,that aint fair
Good Night am off out to the pub

Rossy :) :) :)

alliluvsmusic
29th April 2005, 09:44 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by storyteller59:
[b] :D graemlins/beer.gif

j59
29th April 2005, 09:45 PM
:)
love jx

j59
29th April 2005, 09:47 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by alliluvsmusic:

<thumps fist on table> damn tooting :D graemlins/beer.gif <hr></blockquote>
I Am turning into my mother

graemlins/laff.gif
love jx

UBLutwyche
29th April 2005, 09:48 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rossy Boy:
funny though how its always the imigrants that are first to asume its a racisim thing.
sorry but its a British thing i want to keep my country from spilling over<hr></blockquote>

Here here :D

j59
29th April 2005, 10:06 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by kath:

:roll:

kath xxx<hr></blockquote>
No you're not stupid Kath - the reason I would never vote conservative

graemlins/bounceblack.gif
love Jen x

STING
29th April 2005, 10:07 PM
i will never vote again till there's a box that says 'none of the above'!!!! :mad:

Helena
29th April 2005, 10:10 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by C00k1e:

:) <hr></blockquote>

that one seems to have finished but theres another today

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1523&item=5577271867&rd=1
:eek:

STING
29th April 2005, 10:12 PM
onto the subject of ub's toons. i listen to the music first and the lyrics are a bonus. i always loved ub's cos the toons and lyrics were always equally important; danceable and listenable!!! graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/beer.gif

j59
29th April 2005, 10:18 PM
:p :eek:
love jx

Skirge, The Chef
29th April 2005, 10:42 PM
The council under Labour plan to sell off all the council houses to Housing associations, pass on the burden as theys ee it.
As for immigrants/asylum seekers, well I understand people think we are over corwded and we have our own problems and our own homless. Yes we do but in this country there is no need to be homelss, apply and you will be given a flat, okay it may not be a palace but its a home, most (not all) holeless people choose to be that way. In the same way not every immigrant may need to travel half way around the world for a safe place to live, but this country is doing a good thing. It cannot be a bad thing to be helping people in dire need, yes it has to be alot better controled the government MUST do something to stem the flow of those entering the country illegaly and determin wehter or not they need asylum. WE cannot just shut up shop and ingnore the plight these people find themselves in.

elaine2005
29th April 2005, 11:48 PM
Hmmmmm .... so then the UB Lyrics to their songs are enjoyed more as a fictional thing then, not as reality.

What ever happened to ONE PEOPLE - ONE WORLD kinda thing.

See those * IMIGRANTS * they have to live somewhere whilst they are working as NURSES AND DOCTORS AND TEACHERS AND CLEANERS AND BUS DRIVERS AND ROAD SWEEPERS ... From the top to the bottom , they ( NOT ALL I KNOW ) BUT MOST ... are here for a better standard of living MOST would like to work ( lots are not allowed ) ... sorry, im not gone soft in the head i get pi**ed off with spongers and fraudsters too ............. But not cus of where they where born, because of who they are.
REGARDLESS of nationality.

Ah well ... it's late, im tired and im orf.

PS : I always voted conservative b4 now ( as my family did ) HATED with a vengance the likes of kinock and scargil etc. BUT I voted LABOUR this time ( Didnt agree with the war and dont agree with many things blair says , but rather him than some of them BEST OF A BAD LOT FOLKS )

PLEASE ( Unless its cus your'e making a stand ) USE YOUR'E VOTE.

... basicaly cus i think HOWARD is a one trick pony ( IMIGRATION , IMIGRATION, IMIGRATION ) * YAWN * Oh yeah n cus he is an ASS with evil eyes. LOL

SORRY IF I HAVE OFFENDED ANY ONE ... BUT ERRR... TOUGH!

:p

NIGHT ALL ............ Pleasant dreams. graemlins/beer.gif

NEPCHOON ROSE
29th April 2005, 11:54 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by *elaine*:
[b]Hmmmmm .... so then the UB Lyrics to their songs are enjoyed more as a fictional thing then, not as reality.

What ever happened to ONE PEOPLE - ONE WORLD kinda thing.

See those * IMIGRANTS * they have to live somewhere whilst they are working as NURSES AND DOCTORS AND TEACHERS AND CLEANERS AND BUS DRIVERS AND ROAD SWEEPERS ... From the top to the bottom , they ( NOT ALL I KNOW ) BUT MOST ... are here for a better standard of living MOST would like to work ( lots are not allowed ) ... sorry, im not gone soft in the head i get pi**ed off with spongers and fraudsters too ............. But not cus of where they where born, because of who they are.
REGARDLESS of nationality.

Ah well ... it's late, im tired and im orf.

PS : I always voted conservative b4 now ( as my family did ) HATED with a vengance the likes of kinock and scargil etc. BUT I voted LABOUR this time ( Didnt agree with the war and dont agree with many things blair says , but rather him than some of them BEST OF A BAD LOT FOLKS )

PLEASE ( Unless its cus your'e making a stand ) USE YOUR'E VOTE.

... basicaly cus i think HOWARD is a one trick pony ( IMIGRATION , IMIGRATION, IMIGRATION ) * YAWN * Oh yeah n cus he is an ASS with evil eyes. LOL

SORRY IF I HAVE OFFENDED ANY ONE ... BUT ERRR... TOUGH!

;) ..thats my girl...i knew you would not leave me here

ausiedeb
30th April 2005, 02:16 AM
Interesting post Reza....

We have compulsory voting here in Australia, if you don't vote, you get a hefty fine! can you imagine if they introduced that in the U.K? :eek: it'll be like the Poll-Tax riot all over again!

butler
30th April 2005, 05:54 AM
I've never voted in my intire life I dodge the Sensis and I have never registerd, when I went to apply for my passport they told me technicaly I do not excist graemlins/laff.gif suits me fine I hate the poxy pollititions and there yabba yabba solve nothing policies all they do is talk, and get rich of our taxes, meanwhile millions of people are homeless and starving, what about secure employment for a man and women trying to provide for a family, these pr!cks have alot to answer for, look at whats going on in the world what about the Sudan, what about the CRISIS in the middle East MOST of us here have never had to dodge bullits while looking for food, polititians cause this type of thing, this makes my blood boil look at what they have done polititians, nothing, all we see is life getting harder and there scandle after scandle being broadcast on the six o'clock news, infastructure and a stable society should be something ALL people should have, not just the rich nations of the world, "the rich get richer vote one Johnny do good"..

And I live in Australia

"It's not all that glitters is gold, and half the story has never been told"

"You can fool some people some times, but you can't fool all the people all the time"

Down pressor man where you gonna run to?

[ 30 April 2005: Message edited by: butler ]</p>

butler
30th April 2005, 05:59 AM
P.S Reza top questions, this type of thing affects everyone everywhere...

I am that I am, I am, I am...

[ 30 April 2005: Message edited by: butler ]</p>

ausiedeb
30th April 2005, 06:54 AM
Vote Butler For P.M! :D

graemlins/beer.gif

Reza
30th April 2005, 07:01 AM
cheers people...i've seen very many different points of view..
i suppose i wanted to know how important your elections are to you...and as an aside...when you engage in something recreational such as music...do lyrics strike a chord with what you believe in? cos really, UB40's music has always been since day one very thought provoking..
take SOUTH AFRICA....
i was only allowed to vote in 1994...same for my parents and theirs...we were never allowed to due to the apartheid laws...
does anyone understand that concept? u live in a country...u work in it..u give ure all to it...and ure not allowed to cast your vote?

Anyway, Mandela (YESS!!) and his party steps in and come april 1994..we all head off to the polling stations..and wait hours...was it 8 or 9? matters not cos it was well worth it...
11 years later...we have a country transforming...in much better shape...functioning properly..and democratic...
sure we have our issues of crime......AIDS...immigration(there are more nigerians here than there are in Lagos!)...but we all feel proud to be SOUTH AFRICAN!

and the reason why...is cos we vote..matters not for who..but we vote and i do...cos i count..

now..for the music...i was attached to UB40 from their first release...it was the sound that got me.....that voice of Ali's....but the first album was very political..and was at a time when we were boycotting school in 1980 because of the unfair education systems..(anyone not white will get inferior education and resources)..
SIGNING OFF was banned in this country due to its very lyric strong content...and of course..what did we do...we smuggled em in (first time i broke the "law")...and played it every day...on the schools soccer grounds...hundreds of us as we circled and sang songs of freedom..
Tyler...King.....FOOD FOR THOUGHT....all them tunes...together with Bob Marley and other jamaican artists...we took to the lyrics...and made them our own...
I've never stopped doing that...and i have since that time...paid attention to lyrics in UB40 songs so as to check my state of conciousness...honest...
the last album..HOMEGROWN...geeesh..So Desructive...whilst an awesome riddim and bass track...is full of lyric...and before that COVER UP..the title track..hit home to what is a serious problem in Africa and the world..

UB40 lyrics have to a large extent matched my own belief system....and the way the band have expressed themeselves in many many songs...through their lyrics has always been "yeah..that is what i've been trying to say but didnt know how"

so if anything..i'm thankful to them for making me think and re-think through the lyrics they put out..and well also...their music just happens to be mighty fine too.....

please..would welcome more responses....

ps. with reference to kennedy/brian travers look-alike...imagine if BT was into politics...he'd allow SAX anytime..anyplace..anywhere...

[ 30 April 2005: Message edited by: Reza ]</p>

Coty
30th April 2005, 07:08 AM
WOW Reza!
Very thought provoking post! Got me thinking, not sure about what just yet, but it was very thoughtful. Well, makes me think, I've always had the attitude, my one vote won't make a difference, it don't matter. Whatever's meant to happen will happen with our without my vote. In some aspects that's true, but then again, my one vote will mean something and probably make a difference. Love this post. Yes, I've never voted, yet. It's only been three years since I could legally vote here, never found the time with my travels for the past three years.Thanks for the thought provoction (if that's such a word)..lol...gonna get me thinking cap and put this brain to work :D Maybe some UB40 tunes will help the thinking process, as did you. Though, this world ain't getting any better nowadays, but hopefully we can make a teey weeny change, better than nothing at all! Atleast we can say, WE TRIED and FEEL GOOD ABOUT OURSELVES AND ACTIONS...we can only do so much in life...

Hope all is well with you and yours mate xxxxxxxxxxx big massive love and respect comin' at ya' from the hawaiian islands ***muah*** Coty

[ 30 April 2005: Message edited by: Coty ]

[ 30 April 2005: Message edited by: Coty ]</p>

ausiedeb
30th April 2005, 07:33 AM
Aww Reza, well said! I remember so vividly sitting in my friends car outside a shopping centre in South Africa, playing "Sing Our Own Song", I turned the volume right up and a few africans came up to the car and we all started dancing :) .. the song was banned at the time, but I didnt care. It is important to vote, especially in places like South Africa (although I spent 20 years living there, I never voted once, it wasnt right.. and it certainly was never a fair election! How can you vote when you don't agree with the politicians? .. Rez know exactly what you went through, I had lots of friends that were in the same boat. It was very frustrating to say the least.

UB40 played very important parts in our lives., their music was always played loud and proud in my house :D

aarrgghhhh.. I hate talking politics :roll:

ausiedeb
30th April 2005, 08:08 AM
G'day Brett.. just tried that link., not working for some reason :confused:

Good Ambition
30th April 2005, 09:26 AM
GREAT TOPIC REZA, AND THOUGHT PROVOKING REPLIES.

Regarding the UB's....like most of us, it was the sound that obviously drew me in first, not the lyrical content....probably wasn't until I heard Signing Off and read the lyrics of Burden Of Shame that I realised something else was going on besides the infectious beats. It was even better that I could relate the lyrics as well as the music to my life.

Got to say I've never voted in my entire life....and I'd say the music has influenced me there. I WOULD vote for policies that were genuinely about improving the education/health/legal/etc system.

BUT.....

Ultimately, I've learnt that all political parties are controlled by that same Illuminati hidden elite (the power brokers BEHIND the throne of prime ministers/presidents etc), so regardless of who we vote for, the main (and fringe) parties all bow down to the will of this elite few. They dictate the domestic and foreign policies in insidious, subliminal ways. We're seeing that many wars that we get into are not about what the leaders are telling us.

On one hand, I do agree that many people in the past have given their lives so that we could have the democratic freedom to choose. There's the suffragettes, as Alli has mentioned, and as a black person, I can look at the many struggles against enslavement and second class citizenship so that people like me could have the freedom to choose.

If we look historically, with very few exceptions I think electioneering/manifestos and what usually happens after can be summed up in one song title: PROMISES AND LIES. I would vote for any sincere party whom didn't have a hidden agenda. any offers out there? ;)

[ 30 April 2005: Message edited by: Good Ambition ]</p>

Reza
1st May 2005, 08:10 PM
Nice one Imani....

elaine2005
1st May 2005, 08:37 PM
Maybe you are right there kathie ... he prob is , but with a very small C ? ;)

So maybe rename them cLABOUR ;)

[ 01 May 2005: Message edited by: *elaine* ]</p>

elaine2005
1st May 2005, 08:42 PM
But i will pass your'e applause onto my mother and her siblings ok :roll:

elaine2005
2nd May 2005, 12:25 AM
Not much then :o So as a 12 / 13 yr old just thought OFGS go back to work to shut my mum up. SOZ. im not much better now. LOL
( wonders if im digging a bigger hole * shruggs *
>>>>>> gonna shut up now. NIGHT. lol

elaine2005
2nd May 2005, 12:14 PM
lol ... ok .

Thanks 4 saying u thought i was older ( I will assume u mean from my maturity and persona rather than the bags that hang beneath my tired eyes :o graemlins/laff.gif

graemlins/friends.gif

nymf
2nd May 2005, 01:08 PM
I'm always surprised to hear of people who don't think it's important to vote. My mothers side of the family is from South Africa and it was so special when my granny voted for the first time in her own country. She was 76 years old. I live in Holland and it is difficult to take our politicians serious, especially because our prime minister looks like Harry Potter, but I will always vote. :D

HOMEGROWN BOY
2nd May 2005, 01:30 PM
Sorry but i wont be voting,last time i voted Thatcher was in power[not on my vote though].That woman crippled our country on the jobs front and we followed a Glasgow band called Scheme raising funds for the Miners,did no good i lost all faith in politics after that woman.So now i dont beleive any of them.LIARS THE LOT OF THEM.[ps the band Scheme were magic still got some of thier Music]. graemlins/friends.gif

graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/smokin.gif

elaine2005
2nd May 2005, 01:57 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by HOMEGROWN BOY:
[b]Sorry but i wont be voting,last time i voted Thatcher was in power[not on my vote though].That woman crippled our country on the jobs front and we followed a Glasgow band called Scheme raising funds for the Miners,did no good i lost all faith in politics after that woman.So now i dont beleive any of them.LIARS THE LOT OF THEM.[ps the band Scheme were magic still got some of thier Music]. :o :roll:

graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif SORRY .... Im in a strange mood >>>>>>>>>> best have a lie down . lol