PDA

View Full Version : MSN VIRUS WARNING URGENT VERY URGENT

Skirge, The Chef
28th April 2005, 09:42 PM
THERE IS A VIRUS FLYING AROUND ON MDN MESSENGER, IT WILL COME FROME SOME ONE IN YOUR CONTACT LIST WITH A LINK AND YOUR EMAIL ADDY, PROBABLY ASKING IS THIS YOU ?
DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK AT ALL
JUST CLOSE THE MESSAGE
IT JUST GOT ME IF U GET IT PRESS CTRL+ALT+DELETE ITS CALLED RUN.EXE FIND IN THE PROSESS LIST AND END TASK IT
I WILL BE BEACK WITH HOW TO REMOVE IT..

[ 28 April 2005: Message edited by: Skirge ]</p>

UB40IB32
28th April 2005, 09:44 PM
thanks for letting us know

BRIDMADHOUSE
28th April 2005, 09:52 PM
Thank yoooo graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/beer.gif

Skirge, The Chef
28th April 2005, 10:26 PM
Right wow panic on there a bit, right this is a worm and its a twat, will cause all kinds of problems for you, uninstall ya sound card that kind of thing. If you have winxp sp2 and its setup propperly that should keep u safe, on a reboot the pc willa sk if you want run.exe to run you select no.
but that aint a fix you will neeed virus software such as norton but it can only be quarenteened because it attaches it self to exe files u need to run certain programs.
Worse thing is if you get this it will be as a message from one of your msn contacts with a link. mine said <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr> rolf, is that you? <hr></blockquote>
and with a link that included my msn e-mail adresss so I clicked on it and pow downlad n stuffed. then it will go to everyone in your list that is online at the time.
norton say this. (http://www.skirge.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/this.JPG)

[ 28 April 2005: Message edited by: Skirge ]</p>

Chicago UB Fan
29th April 2005, 01:02 AM
Skirge-

Does Norton give you the virus name?

Mick_f
29th April 2005, 01:07 AM
Thanks Skirge here is more details about the virus for anyone who wants it

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.gaobot.dey.html

champane
29th April 2005, 02:28 AM
thanks alot skirge

graemlins/love.gif

Skirge, The Chef
29th April 2005, 11:32 AM
The trouble with this file is it cannot be dleted, I thought my pc wasa clean I had Norton 2004 and ran it every Friday it came up clean every time, it did detect the worm I got from MSN but I went n got norton 2005 and it found 16 files LOL
Go update guys n gals... graemlins/smokin.gif