PDA

View Full Version : What was life like before UB40?

Matt Pacino
28th April 2005, 08:16 PM
I turn 25 this year ,so i've never known life without UB40 .I Was wondering what you older loonies (no afence )were listening to before 1980 ??

Frankie
28th April 2005, 08:20 PM
mm ..... I was 9 at the time so it's hard to remember. Madness were always one of my favs though

graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bouncepurple.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif graemlins/bounceblack.gif

jeffers
28th April 2005, 08:21 PM
well.....
Eric Donaldson,Dandy,Uroy,Iroy,Scratch Perry (who i`ve seen live ....cool),Pioneers,Prince Buster,Burning Spear,the excellent Gladiators,laurel Aitken...............i could go on ... ;)

Just Bianca
28th April 2005, 08:24 PM
A lot of Bob Marley, and a lot of Disco hahaha.
I am someone who eats from both sides. STILL DO!!! graemlins/bigwink.gif
I am also a big fan of R&B, like the Temptations, Marvin Gaye, Otis Redding, The pretenders, Diana Ross that kind of music.
I am a Romantic woman. graemlins/love.gif That's why I love the easy songs from UB40 so much, Sweet Sensation, Can't help falling in love, Don't break my heart,love it when you smile and so further and further

Love Bianca graemlins/kiss.gif

UB40IB32
28th April 2005, 08:38 PM
hmmm don't really remember I was only 7 at the time but I grew up with otis redding, elvis, beatles etc. a lot of sixties music I like a lot of different styles of music motown, rock n roll and ofcourse reggae (bob marley)

Wilma123
28th April 2005, 09:03 PM
What I like were ABBA,group out Zweden.Bob marley,Disco,June Lodge,singing some one loves you honey.And than Food For Thought,Sing our own song The way you do the Things You do.

Wilma :) graemlins/friends.gif

Grinner
28th April 2005, 09:09 PM
BOB MARLEY, STEVIE WONDER,AL GREEN,LOTS OF MOTOWN,AND LOADS OF 70s DISCO GREAT STUFF :D

gaynorubfan05
28th April 2005, 09:20 PM
i was born in 1972
so i can only remember abba, david essex,
bay city rollers, showaddywaddy, blondie,
boomtown rats,cliff richard, hot chocolate
i was a little girl then

from gaynor

Seahorse
29th April 2005, 03:54 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Grinner:
[b]BOB MARLEY, STEVIE WONDER,AL GREEN,LOTS OF MOTOWN,AND LOADS OF 70s DISCO GREAT STUFF :)

Those were the days :D

MAYBETOMORROW
29th April 2005, 04:34 AM
I was born in 1972, so I was brought up around the likes of Abba and Grease!

An early reggae influence for me living in New Zealand was the group "Herbs" who have supported UB40 in tours in the late 80's

graemlins/smokin.gif

sandyub404
29th April 2005, 07:38 AM
BORN IN 1967, CAN REMEMBER GOING TO AN ABBA CONCERT WHEN I WAS ABOUT 9 OR 10,REMEMBER LOTS OF DISCO MUSIC, STAYING ALIVE, GREASE ALL THAT WAS POPULAR WAY BACK THEN! :D

council house
29th April 2005, 04:43 PM
I was born in 73 and bought and was disapointed by nearly every album I bought you know thriller, wham etc. Then Best of Vol 1 in my christams stocking when I was 16 and I haven't looked back. Everytime I listen to my favourite reggae artists I thank UB40 for the introduction to reggae.

Good Ambition
30th April 2005, 09:52 AM
I was listening to Specials, Selecter and all them 2 tone bands....before that, it was me Mam and Dads reggae and ska collection.....i liked punk too. :D

STING
30th April 2005, 09:59 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Good Ambition:
I was listening to Specials, Selecter and all them 2 tone bands....before that, it was me Mam and Dads reggae and ska collection.....i liked punk too. :D <hr></blockquote>

that and i waa a big fan of the police(hence the nick) but i dropped sting and co like a hot potato when i first saw the ub's!! :D

[ 30 April 2005: Message edited by: Sting ]</p>

STING
1st May 2005, 11:49 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by kath:
[b]

arrr did you have the jumper :D

Mick_f
1st May 2005, 11:49 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mumof4ub40fansinaus:
BORN IN 1967, CAN REMEMBER GOING TO AN ABBA CONCERT WHEN I WAS ABOUT 9 OR 10,REMEMBER LOTS OF DISCO MUSIC, STAYING ALIVE, GREASE ALL THAT WAS POPULAR WAY BACK THEN! :D <hr></blockquote>

was born the same year can remember all the abba country and western etc my parents listened to i got into reggae in the 80's listening to shabba maxi priest etc etc