PDA

View Full Version : for what it`s worth..

jeffers
28th April 2005, 08:00 PM
Don`t post very often ..
thought i would today , Got to thinking ,listening to the UBies, what happens when the band who i`ve listened to for so long pack in...Who is to take their place, They reflect what i was listening to from 1969, there`s certainly no one up and coming.Scares me a bit that Reggae as i`ve known and loved it may die.Just UB40 carry it on not straying from the path for 25 years. Only dancehall now but even that`s getting changed because of the influence of hiphop...help i`m getting depressed i`ll put on Geffrey morgan now or Present arms or Homegrown ..O.K now but for how long ........Jeff

p.s don`t mean to be so serious but i got to thinking.................... :)

*Cookie*
28th April 2005, 08:04 PM
hey jeffers
spot on point, i agree with you totally, ub40's sound is 1 of and so distinctive, there is noone out there producing anything remotely like their sound, and yep it scares me to that the old school reggae i luv will die :)
great post come back and chat soon :)

Vbloke
28th April 2005, 08:06 PM
HMMMMMMMMM stop that now or i'll get the clan on to ya graemlins/bigwink.gif But i know what u mean i'm sure there's plenty more to come, lets enjoy our lifes it's the law as far as i'm concerned!.

Nige graemlins/smokin.gif

Mick_f
28th April 2005, 08:09 PM
Im seriously dreading the day they announce thet are retiring my music enjoyment will be lost apart from the memories of course

UB40IB32
28th April 2005, 08:13 PM
I don't want to think about them retiring :(
it makes me sad to think about it

Nicola R
28th April 2005, 08:41 PM
:)

Grinner
28th April 2005, 09:05 PM
HOPEFULLY THERE WILL BE LOTS OF COMEBACK TOURS,WHERE WE CAN ALL ATTEND WITH OUR ZIMMER FRAMES :D ;)

citrona
28th April 2005, 09:07 PM
:( :( UB40 FOR EVER

jeffers
28th April 2005, 09:08 PM
Got my my crooked old fingers crossed .. :)

Seahorse
29th April 2005, 03:35 AM
I know exactly what you mean. :(
After all none of us are getting any younger, especially those of us at a certain age :eek:

MAYBETOMORROW
29th April 2005, 04:03 AM
Jeffers,

Alas, the day will come when the boys of UB40 hang up their instruments and retire.
We all hope they will be around for a long time, but nothing can last forever, c'est la vie.

The great thing about UB40 is they have made so much quality music over the last 25 years, that their sound will be heard for many years in the future.

I have a child due to be born in September, and I can tell you now that they will be educated in UB40's music from their beginning, hence the next generation of UB40 listeners carries on the great tradition!

graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/smokin.gif