PDA

View Full Version : Doesnt like UB40

Tribalistas
28th April 2005, 02:11 PM
Hi!
Does anyone of you also have a partner who doesnt like ub40?? really annoying isnt it?? I have one... I tried everything to let him like Ub40.. i once got him so far that he was going to a concert with me.. it was his first and last time.. well he cant stop me from going to any of their concerts :) or listen to their music :) :D

Greetings Jenna

Mick_f
28th April 2005, 02:15 PM
Ive got 15 yr old daughter who dont like them my other 3 kids love them.Thing makes me laugh is she says cant stand them but always catch her singing along when ive got them on and she can name every band member graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif The wife wasnt to keen on them when we first met then i took het to see them at milton keynes in 94 she an avid fan now

[ 28 April 2005: Message edited by: micky_f ]</p>

sandyub404
28th April 2005, 03:11 PM
yes i have that problem, the only song my husband likes is 'rat in mi kitchen', it drives him mad when i put the dvd's on and all the kids get up and dance, says i brain washed them all.some people just have NO taste. :roll: :roll:

Tribalistas
28th April 2005, 03:13 PM
Amen :) :D

*Cookie*
28th April 2005, 03:46 PM
my other half is the same,
rolling eyes and tutting everytime he hears em,
says i should grow up,
:D

paula1
28th April 2005, 04:47 PM
my man cant stand them,but he bought and designed me a ub40 wheel cover for my jeep,and he always drives it around,well if u ask me hes a secret ub40 fan. graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/bigwink.gif
big love
paula

audrey1975
28th April 2005, 05:03 PM
yeah mine is a tasteless twat... dont waste good music on him anymore!! graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

Skirge, The Chef
28th April 2005, 05:13 PM
I am very very lucky in that way, although Debs is not as big a fan as I am she still loves their music and is very very willing in going to see their gigs. She is more into indie, like James, Stone Roses that kinda stuff..

Mick_f
28th April 2005, 05:15 PM
The only bit steph dont like is when im constantly on ebay lol looking for ub bargains graemlins/laff.gif

Rasta Roy
28th April 2005, 05:32 PM
I guess I'm pretty lucky. My wife likes most reggae music in general. But she really likes Ziggy, UB40, Toots and the Maytals, Jimmy Cliff, and Nasio Fontaine the best. She's my reggae concert partner too! :D

Dutchess
28th April 2005, 06:12 PM
Mine isnt into UB40 or reggae for that matter AT ALL, however, he's pleased to see how much joy I get from talking to loonies, spending time with them and going to concerts. Only thing he really doesnt like is that Im always hogging the puter :D being in chat, on MSN and the BB...takes gametime away from him graemlins/bigwink.gif but other than that..he's a gem!

[ 28 April 2005: Message edited by: Dutchess ]</p>

Frankie
28th April 2005, 06:48 PM
I must be one of thelucky one's ... my GF loves UB40 as much as me and went to RAH with me. She actually interviewed them once too and did some promotional work with them for LOL3 :D

graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bouncepurple.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif graemlins/bounceblack.gif

HOMEGROWN BOY
28th April 2005, 07:04 PM
NO PROBLEM here we love REGGAE. :D

graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/smokin.gif

Bembo
28th April 2005, 07:10 PM
my better half used 2 like em,she likes the earley stuff better,but then she discovered 4kin oasis,i do like some of there stuff,ive even got 2 c em in june-july mind u a nice day on the lash lol,i always say when r oasis gonna do a 25th anniversery concert, :D graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/laff.gif

tess
28th April 2005, 07:19 PM
hi there,im glad that all my family love ub40 and my son and daughter are going to concerts with me with hubby.
even if they werent i would still go on my own.
from tess x graemlins/friends.gif graemlins/bouncepurple.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif

STING
28th April 2005, 07:42 PM
Tom aint really a music fan so he always does what I say.... graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

Grinner
28th April 2005, 09:25 PM
SOUNDS LIKE ME AND COOKIE ARE WITH THE SAME MAN,OMG :D SURELY THERE CAN'T BE 2 THE SAME :roll:

Dave w
28th April 2005, 09:31 PM
my partner thinks i am mad all i talk about is ub40 she not a big fan but she comes to the concerts with me and she thinks they are great live graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/beer.gif

Jolene
28th April 2005, 09:59 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Paula:
my man cant stand them,but he bought and designed me a ub40 wheel cover for my jeep,and he always drives it around,well if u ask me hes a secret ub40 fan.
big love
paula<hr></blockquote>

:D

Hey, I want one of those UB40 wheel covers for a Jeep Wrangler...where did you get it?

graemlins/love.gif Jolene

sweetchilli
29th April 2005, 12:47 AM
My husband ribs me constantly but when I play them he says, ooh I like this one, this one is good etc another closet fan :mad:

ub40bwoy2005
29th April 2005, 07:52 AM
It's so relaxing and comfortable to dance to reggae songs, where all my friends said 'Cool music mate' rap song tunes are hard to dance to in time where reggae we dance to the keyboard and some singing.

rachelbutler
29th April 2005, 09:18 AM
Yeah my mate absolutely loathes reggae
music graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

Carlene Lydia
29th April 2005, 09:20 AM
I don't have this problem, my boyfriend luvs them to death, so it's quite fun when we fight over what song to listen too.... :)

[ 29 April 2005: Message edited by: Carlene ]</p>

paula1
29th April 2005, 09:43 AM
hi jolene,im dont no were he got it,the first i know anything about it was on xmas morning he had
it on the car covered with christmas paper,i will
try and find out for u,mines has the lions head of the fathers cd with the ub40 logo on it,looks
brillant,but i think u could have anything,the best laugh is jolene i had a dream the other night that i drove to a gig and somebody stole it
and i woke up swetin buckets and went and checked the car,sad or wot.
big love
paula graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/bouncepurple.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif

Jolene
29th April 2005, 07:55 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Paula:
[b]hi jolene,im dont no were he got it,the first i know anything about it was on xmas morning he had
it on the car covered with christmas paper,i will
try and find out for u,mines has the lions head of the fathers cd with the ub40 logo on it,looks
brillant,but i think u could have anything,the best laugh is jolene i had a dream the other night that i drove to a gig and somebody stole it
and i woke up swetin buckets and went and checked the car,sad or wot.
big love
paula :)

;)

graemlins/love.gif Jolene

USBrummieBackInBrum
29th April 2005, 08:23 PM
If my boys didn't like them , i'd sue the hosspital they were born in for giving me the wrong babies!!

Waltjo
29th April 2005, 08:46 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by big_jugs19:
yeah mine is a tasteless twat... dont waste good music on him anymore!! graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif <hr></blockquote>

Lol @ Audrey graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

BRUMMY UB
29th April 2005, 09:14 PM
my wife knows the rules in the car,UB40 OR WALK :roll: graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

Christy
29th April 2005, 09:18 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by BRUMMY UB:
my wife knows the rules in the car,UB40 OR WALK :roll: graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif <hr></blockquote>

graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

xxxChristyxxx
graemlins/friends.gif

gaynorubfan05
29th April 2005, 09:26 PM
i am the only one like ub40 but my mum and sister don't
but they know i love ub40 a lot

from gaynor

MAYBETOMORROW
2nd May 2005, 02:42 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RaceyB:
[b]Yeah my mate absolutely loathes reggae
music :D ;) graemlins/laff.gif

sandy
2nd May 2005, 05:09 PM
my son doesnt mind them, my daughter doesnt like them& my husband really doesnt like them!!!
he now doesnt mind if i play them loudly,but he does tut if i go on about them& when i when to the fest & was extaticabout seeing their studios etc he was worse.
but saying that he said he will go to the gig with me.i m not sure it will not be a dampener, if i nkow their is a tut under his breath as i am cheering& singing&excited...but we shall see.
i wish he was a fan too.
:(
graemlins/friends.gif
good job i have all of you...
graemlins/friends.gif
mozzy