PDA

View Full Version : UB's Adelaide gig 7th August

stubby
12th August 2004, 03:19 PM
The gig was at Thebarton Theatre, after only catching the last four songs of strange tennants, there was a 15 minute break, time to look around and and see an old man on a walking frame, bless!
Possibly their oldest fan? Then, the lights went down, we ran to the stage from the front row. BT was the first one I noticed as he was stood directly in front of us, smiling as usual. It is about the 4th time I've seen them and each time I fall a little more in love with them, and i'm nearly 41! I can't even remember the concert, I know it was great but I was just stood there mesmerized by them. BT threw me a bottle of water, which I was going to treasure, but it got lost in the crowd. I asked him to ask Ali to sing Homely Girl, he said ok, but they didn't get round to it. Two hours just flew so quickly. If i had the money i'd follow them round the world. I hope they come back real soon, I can't wait!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Waltjo
12th August 2004, 03:59 PM
Welcome to the bb :cool: :cool:

MAYBETOMORROW
12th August 2004, 11:45 PM
You're right there stubby - one concert just isn't enough!!!

:) :cool:

Carlene Lydia
13th August 2004, 03:29 AM
Hey stubby, welcome to the BB!!!!! So glad that you enjoyed the gig.... :D they certainly are amazing on stage, and sound just unreal!!!!

I hope they come back soon too......

graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif

sweetchilli
13th August 2004, 12:25 PM
Welcome, good to see some more Aussies coming out of the woodwork. Glad to hear you enjoyed the show, isnt it the fastest 2 hours of your life !!! I was so desperate to see them again after catching Sydney 31st show, I very nearly jumped on another plane to catch them in Adelaide bit I think my husband would have divorced me :roll: Im never satisfied with one show either !

Greywolf
13th August 2004, 12:26 PM
Hey - fellow Adelaidian - it was a great concert wasn't it - they are just so good on stage and as for the sound of them *shivers* superb. I can't believe there weren't more people waiting to meet them ....oh well - maybe we are all getting too old *L*

dutchy
13th August 2004, 03:11 PM
hi there funny, i used to be in adelaide for more than 2 yrs, welcome to the board.

graemlins/beer.gif dutchy

dutchy
13th August 2004, 03:14 PM
Btw how are the crows doing? And port adelaide, i was at their presentation when they promoted to the top league. and how is it with nicky buckley??? :D

graemlins/beer.gif dutchy

Greywolf
14th August 2004, 12:57 AM
Crows have just appointed a new coach - they are not doing very well this year *sighs* and if Port Adelaide can stop choking in finals they are real contenders for the Grand Final. Nicky Buckley I'm not sure about - but anything else - just ask :)