PDA

View Full Version : Hey ya! I'm a newbie here...UB40 ROCKZ!

styleedi
12th August 2004, 05:39 AM
Hey what can I say.. UB40 ROCKZ! Went to their concert @ Queens Wharf in Wellington last nite, and it was osum! But then again they've sounded so amazing 10 years ago, when they were here last as they do now! Their music is timeless!

MAYBETOMORROW
12th August 2004, 05:56 AM
Hello and welcome to the UB40 BB styleedi!!

I'm glad you had a great time at the UB40 concert last night in windy Wellington!!

The boys rocked here 2 weeks ago - f****n brilliant!!!

graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bouncepurple.gif

RobinsGirl
12th August 2004, 06:00 AM
Welcome to the bb, :) I know youre gonna have a great time here!
Im glad to hear you enjoyed the show in Wellington, weve heard so much about the shows down under and all I can say is that Im really looking forward to another tour here in Europe next year. I havent seen the boys live since 1994 (they never play in Sweden for some reason :( ) so its about time I guess!

The key
12th August 2004, 06:26 AM
Hi styleedi and welcome to the BB.
It's gr8 to read you had such a nice time at their gig,and we hope you gonna enjoy your stay here as well!
graemlins/bounceblack.gif graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif

rmd110900
12th August 2004, 08:28 AM
Hi Styleedi,
Welcome to Nut House
We all wear jackets that tie up on the back
And sleep in padded cells.
Only kidding ;)
Welcome
Robert graemlins/smokin.gif

BlokjeKaas
12th August 2004, 08:44 AM
heyy welcome to the BB :) :D

imported_Darkmist
12th August 2004, 09:17 AM
Hey styleedI, good to see from someone else who went last night. THEY ROCK!!!!!! I was 10 rows from the front in the middle UB40 ROCK!!!! I hear they are coming next year for their 25th Anniv, watch out for that one.

Jessica
12th August 2004, 09:45 AM
welcome! :D

graemlins/kiss.gif Jessica
graemlins/friends.gif

12th August 2004, 09:56 AM
hi, welcome to the BB,

glad you enjoyed the gigs :D

Dutchess
12th August 2004, 10:02 AM
Welcome to the BB! graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif graemlins/bounce.gif
Hope U'll enjoy your stay!

Dutchess

Waltjo
12th August 2004, 10:59 AM
Welcome to the bb graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/friends.gif graemlins/beer.gif

stuart_little
12th August 2004, 11:16 AM
hi, and welcome to the BB

vicki

Robinsduvet
12th August 2004, 03:08 PM
Welcome to the BB :D

graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncepurple.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncepurple.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif

wend
12th August 2004, 03:53 PM
Welcome to the board. :) :)

styleedi
12th August 2004, 11:44 PM
Hey thanks guys for the welcome! Yep still buzzin out from that nite! I think I'm still trying to recover! hahaha Hey ya Darkmist.. ooohh so you were done the bottom there huh? great seats!! I was like hmm up in the benches..towards the roof!, on the left.. had an osum view of the stage, close enough to just leap off you know.. hahaha.. but yeah.. as long as you can see them and hear them.. what more can you ask. Hell yeah.. I am so gonna be there for their 25th Anniversary! they just get better and better! graemlins/bounceblack.gif

Dawnmaiden
13th August 2004, 03:58 AM
Hehe...I'm a newbie too and great to see that Darkmist was at the concert too...You got an amazing view from the sounds of it :)
I was sitting where styleedi was...actually jamming with her... graemlins/friends.gif

I'm sure were all going to have the time of our lives sharing stories and continuing THAT hype of the greatest band (in my books) UB40!

graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif

MAYBETOMORROW
13th August 2004, 04:03 AM
Hello Dawnmaiden!! Welcome to the BB!!

Glad to see you had a great time at the concert too!!

Did you go to The Grand for a few beverages afterwards?!?!

graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/beer.gif

Dawnmaiden
13th August 2004, 04:15 AM
Thank you for the welcome!!!

No, I didn't...I mean we didn't go for a drink afterwards, cos we went to grab a feed at Burger King...but I heard from my lecturer that the after party was at Blue Note, well my lecturer's cousin got invited to the after party!!!
We were trying to figure out where the after party was too, we got tired after eating then we made our way home with ringing ears...
graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif

styleedi
13th August 2004, 04:16 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAWNMAIDEN!!

OSUM 2 BE HANGIN WITH U 2 @ DA WELLY CONCERT DAWNMAIDEN, IF WE HAD KNOWN, WHAT WE KNOW KNOW.. WHERE THE AFTER-PARTY WAS @ ON WEDNESDAY NITE.. IT WOULD OF MADE OUR NITE EVEN BETTER! :) BUT HEY..ALL GOOD.. WE HAD DA BOMBZ AS NITE..AND STILL BUZZIN! graemlins/bounceblack.gif

MAYBETOMORROW
13th August 2004, 04:19 AM
I know what you mean about the ears ringing!!

I was trying to answer phones at work the day after the concert, and I couldn't bloody hear them!!

:D :D

styleedi
13th August 2004, 04:28 AM
Hey ya Dave,

hahaha....ringing ears..so true! Even after the concert..couldn't hear a thing! The next day was a mission.. still buzzin..and trying so hard to listen to what someone was trying to say.. not a good look! graemlins/bigwink.gif

MAYBETOMORROW
13th August 2004, 04:32 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by styleedi:
[b]Hey ya Dave,

hahaha....ringing ears..so true! Even after the concert..couldn't hear a thing! The next day was a mission.. still buzzin..and trying so hard to listen to what someone was trying to say.. not a good look! :D :D

Dawnmaiden
13th August 2004, 04:33 AM
:) graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/love.gif

styleedi
13th August 2004, 04:38 AM
but that's a good thing isn't it?? :D I mean good way to read lips.. hmm not! ;) But at least they had your attention, for about a min.. graemlins/bounceblack.gif