PDA

View Full Version : Labour of love 4?

Rein
6th February 2004, 09:26 PM
hey everyone.....do you think ub40 will do another labour of love, no.4 maybe...that would be wicked! hahahaha....i'm getting chills down my spine...dame what a lovely band! i gonna see them in april heineken music hall! :)

name the songs you would love to see on the new labour of love if they were to release a new one!

love
reinout

Jessica
7th February 2004, 09:49 AM
someone asked for me??? :)
don't know which songs....that's the choice from ub40......it's their album, with their ultimate reggae tracks i think...... :)
graemlins/kiss.gif Jessica
graemlins/friends.gif

Dave Macheta
7th February 2004, 02:36 PM
Excellent idea; but they have to market themselves much better than they are doing at the moment. Look at swing low, which only got to number 15 and the album only spent 3 weeks in the top 40. Radio 1 don't even have the band listed. They are not played; even local stations. If they are going to be seen as a popular band still they need to focus on the youth, who buy records, cd's. Do a song with one of the black acts that are all the rage. Sean Paul would be good considering their connections with lady saw. What do other people think. Let me know.

Cheers

Dave Macheta
7th February 2004, 02:36 PM
Excellent idea; but they have to market themselves much better than they are doing at the moment. Look at swing low, which only got to number 15 and the album only spent 3 weeks in the top 40. Radio 1 don't even have the band listed. They are not played; even local stations. If they are going to be seen as a popular band still they need to focus on the youth, who buy records, cd's. Do a song with one of the black acts that are all the rage. Sean Paul would be good considering their connections with lady saw. What do other people think. Let me know.

Cheers

Dave Macheta
7th February 2004, 02:39 PM

Cheers dave@macheta.fsnet.co.uk

BigJay
9th February 2004, 10:11 PM
The plan was to work with Sean Paul, but hes just to busy since he shot to fame. I think he would have been great on Freestyler.

evt17
10th February 2004, 09:08 AM
I don't think Ali's voice would go with Sean Paul's actually.

Mike.
10th February 2004, 10:38 AM
I would love to hear a version from UB40 of Could You be Loved (Bob Marley) and MasterBlaster (Stevie Wonder)

Woooooooo!!! :D :D :D

Rossy
10th February 2004, 10:42 AM
Hi When Recording LOL3 They recorded around 20 Tracks then picked wich ones were to go on the Album doesnt mean the tracks they never picked were bad!Just they didnt want them on LOL3..I seen in a Documentary Robin said there you go there is Labour of Love 4 already recorded so you never no!!
Rossy :) :) :)

Mike.
10th February 2004, 10:43 AM
Thanks Rossy! Look forward to it, if it happens!!!

How are you doing matey????