PDA

View Full Version : Robert Palmer/UB40 Unreleased Track!

Rossy
5th February 2004, 12:00 PM
Hi Peeps found some intersting news..
I know Robert passed away please its not meant to Offend any of his fans as i also am one.

Rossy :) :) :)

Robert shared a common manager with UB40, David Harper. Robert had appeared with UB40 at their show at Birmingham City Football Ground, both as support and performing with UB40 on "I'll be Your Baby Tonight" and the Randy Travis gem, "On The Other Hand". This latter song was recorded by Robert and UB40 but has never been released. "I'll Be Your Baby Tonight" was released though on 17 November 1990 in the UK and reached number 6 in the charts.

milie
5th February 2004, 07:06 PM
love that tune, shame it was never released.........

graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif

The Prisoner
9th February 2004, 12:56 AM
Didn't you have that song on your website as a tribute when said singer passed on?

R.I.P Robert.

Pris. graemlins/smokin.gif

Rossy
9th February 2004, 09:43 AM
Hi Pris it was the Live version sung at ST Andrews i had,There was a Studio version done too!

Rossy :) :) :)

The Prisoner
9th February 2004, 10:40 AM
Wicked! Lets hassle Brian to get it posted on the website or get it released.

Pris. graemlins/smokin.gif

bothsidestory
9th February 2004, 06:07 PM
tis better than "i'll be your baby tonight" but having said that so was "deep end"

deanub40
9th February 2004, 06:11 PM
Haha! I'll be your baby wasn't that bad! The 12inch version is great, just wish Ali had a few solo lines so it was more of a duet! :roll:

9th February 2004, 08:49 PM
I think it would be a nice tribute to Robert Palmer to release on the other hand,
it's such a beautiful song