PDA

View Full Version : 48 hr chat please read e1 xx

champane
31st January 2004, 09:20 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 48 hour chat will be starting friday 11th June.... it usually runs from 6pm on a friday to 6pm on the sunday... so if you are willing and mad enuff to join in the fun, book the monday off work!

please don't be put off by the '48' part of the chat. this is just the maximum number of hours you can do. you can join in for as many or as few hours as you can.If you are sponsored by the hour and manage even 2 or 3 hours then every hour raises more money

So how does it all work???
Like this.....
1, You agree in a moment of weakness or maddness to join in the fun.
2, You email us your name and snailmail address so we can send you a sponsor form.
3, you receive your sponsor form and immediatly begin forcing people to part with a bit of cash (you have permission to use 'reasonable force' at this stage).
4, Once you have a fair few sponsors (and a reputation as a bit of a bully & briber) you can sit back and relax and join in the fun by logging into the UB40 chatroom... then join in the chatting with likeminded people who also have a thing for pain and sleep deprivation

So come on everyone there is loads of room for you all... the more people that take part in this madness the more money we can raise for the kids! We know a lot of you have already signed up for this, sponsor forms have been posted to you all.... If you would like to be the proud owner of a newly designed sponsored form personalised with your name please email us or leave a message here.

To all who read this post and dont know about if to join in or not well please try and join in when you can and every penny you recieve is a bit more towards the grand total ,yes it is hard esp 48hrs but you dont have to do that many hrs as we all have a life out side this bb but how many hours you do and get sponsered for you will feel great after if thats the right word not to sure all i knopw is when it came to the end the buzz i got was a feeling hard to explain i aint got alot of money so bidding is most of the time not for me so to do my bit i joined in the chatathon and as i said before the feeling after doing it was just WOW ive done it and to be honest i was so pleased with myself as well it no matter how much you get or the hours as i said when you hear the grand total raised you think i helped towards that 1 more buzz for you to feel lol.So please come along and join in even if you dont talk much still come in as we can see you there supporting us and any little keep awake games you can bring in with you is a god send at early hours or the can i do any more times of the chat soul and his purring game came in time last year had a good :D WELL YOU DONT ASK YOU NEVER KNOW LOL

graemlins/love.gif & graemlins/kiss.gif s

Anniemg
1st February 2004, 05:55 PM
See you in there fellow chatathon champion :eek:

We must be mad graemlins/bigwink.gif graemlins/laff.gif

I'll sponsour you....if you'll sponsour me?? graemlins/bigwink.gif graemlins/beer.gif

Annie graemlins/love.gif

singerman
1st February 2004, 07:36 PM
nice one ladies, & yes, u are both mad :) "it takes bad girls like you, to be ubthon chatties... :) lol, how corny was that :) rick.x graemlins/beer.gif

Anniemg
1st February 2004, 07:49 PM
rofl...thanks for the kind words Rick graemlins/bigwink.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

yoyo
3rd February 2004, 03:50 PM
i would like to join in again, but i dont think i can get the sponsors...i didnt get too many last year, well, not as many as id of liked... plus i was let down by a few close friends from my home town...so i put the money in.. which i didnt mind as it was going to a worthy cause.. but im afraid i wont be able to pay in any this year as money is very tight, as it is for most of you... if i do join in this year, i will make sure i book the monday off work graemlins/laff.gif i was shattered graemlins/laff.gif take care all from yoyo/j2b xxx graemlins/friends.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif

sweetcherrie
3rd February 2004, 05:53 PM
Lmaro@rick
It's a shame that some of you men could'nt keep us with us ladies ;)
Big Love Jane.xxx graemlins/smokin.gif

bt/ub40
3rd February 2004, 06:16 PM
greetings...now whats all this talk about money being tight...its not the first i have read this in connection with the fundraiser...now...who could'nt afford to put away just one pound/euro per week..? by june that would be a very respectable 20 or so... if you really can't afford to do this.. :p BT

champane
3rd February 2004, 07:07 PM
lmao @ rick and jane to true love shame not alot of men in chat lol so come on all the gents will you keep up with us ladies this year? bet ya you dont lol money to the charity ok

johnny 2 bad
3rd February 2004, 09:21 PM
Please..Please Brian..I know we must take a leaf out of your book and not just look at the charity solely from a financial aspect.. :p Those people in life that are lucky enough to save and to be able to donate some money to this worthy cause,will always try and do so..Yours humbly..J2b/yoyo..xx :p graemlins/bigwink.gif

emer_bee
4th February 2004, 12:50 AM
I was just wondering what the chatathon is 4??
If its 4 charity i'll do it so let me know ppl!!!
graemlins/smokin.gif graemlins/smokin.gif graemlins/smokin.gif

Quids 4 Kids
4th February 2004, 07:39 AM
hi emer-bee

yes the chat is for charity...this year the chosen charity is 'purkal youth development society' a small charity in the himalayas helping to educate the very poor.

if you would like to take part please email us quids4kids@aol.com with your address or for more information

big love
tina and ness graemlins/love.gif

Helena
4th February 2004, 08:18 AM
yoyo and j2b i'll sponsor yas both graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

yoyo
4th February 2004, 08:54 AM
hi helena, thanks for sponsoring us, we really do appreciate it, and im sure the charity will too ;) take care all, and i hope theres no hard feelings, just making a point... from yoyo/j2b xx graemlins/friends.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif

bt/ub40
4th February 2004, 11:35 AM
greetings yoyo......no problem comrade.....i do understand of course,,infact last year there were a few people that did'nt come through and as a result we had to find the missing donations that had already been promised to the acorns childrens hospice........i think the thing to do is only commit the amount raised when ALL the money is in.........anyway...take care BT

bt/ub40
4th February 2004, 11:43 AM
PS.....................and one last thing folks.....y'know it does'nt matter how much you raise..its all GOOD...put it this way...1 per week feeds and educates a child in the project,to put it into context....how much is a cup of coffee at starbucks ? how much is a pint of beer ? how much is it for a newspaper? I know i'm labouring the point here but c'mon give us a fiver and send a kid to school for a month.......one good deed like that would give you all REAL GOOD KARMA and the slate would be wiped clean of all your sins (not that you guys have any ) take care BT :D

yoyo
4th February 2004, 09:16 PM
thanks for replying brian, so im still a "BT SQUADDIE" then. ive got the t-shirt too graemlins/laff.gif take care yoyo/j2b xx graemlins/friends.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif