PDA

View Full Version : Idea to raise money

Neonhaze
31st January 2004, 09:14 PM
We both gave up smoking 22 days ago :D

We are saving the money we would have spent on cigarettes in a piggy bank and donating it to the charity. :D The Purkal Youth Development Society.

So we have an idea... we are not for one minute suggesting that you all do the same BUT.. if you smoked say, 20 a day and for arguments sake you cut down to just 19 in 20 days you would have saved yourself roughly 4.50.

If you then put that 4.50 away by the end of the 48 hour chat you will have a grand total of just over 30.00... which you can then send to Quids 4 Kids graemlins/love.gif

its just a suggestion ... let us know what you think graemlins/bounce.gif

big love
Tina & Ness xx

quids4kids@aol.com

[ 31 January 2004: Message edited by: Neonhaze ]</p>

Shayler
1st February 2004, 08:06 AM
graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

sweetcherrie
1st February 2004, 09:47 AM
Good one Tina & Ness graemlins/smokin.gif
Big Love Jane.xxx

Robinsduvet
1st February 2004, 01:38 PM
Thats sounds a great idea!Im now into my 3rd week of giving up.So far its been pretty easy,apart from I have no nails left!Thought I might have given in today as I some nice person decided to break into my car last night,so wot I saved already has had to pay for my glass.Think I will put the rest of the money I save in a jar and donate it to Q4Kids.Good luck and keep up the no smoking

Anniemg
1st February 2004, 06:14 PM
WELL DONE TO YOU BOTH....THATS A BRILLIANT IDEA graemlins/love.gif graemlins/love.gif

2 GOOD CAUSES HELPED IN 1 GO:

1) YOUR HEALTH

2) The Purkal Youth Development Society

Annie graemlins/friends.gif

monie
1st February 2004, 10:22 PM
:) !!!!!!

Miss Jamaica
1st February 2004, 10:25 PM
graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bouncepurple.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif

Helena
2nd February 2004, 08:45 AM
Erm great idea. But can we put the money in, and smoke as well? :D

Neonhaze
2nd February 2004, 04:22 PM
ERM... yes helena but kinda defeats the object lol
:D :D :D

Helena
2nd February 2004, 04:37 PM
I got a better idea. hows about giving up vegetables instead graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

caja
2nd February 2004, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Neonhaze:
[QB]We both gave up smoking 22 days ago :D

congrats to u both xxxxxxx we packed in 13 years ago best thing we ever done ,I only put on 21 stone and me 1 lung works fine .... im 1 of those anti smokers now ...

well done
love
chris & andi xxxxxx graemlins/friends.gif

Neonhaze
3rd February 2004, 07:15 PM
lol@helena & chris
yes helena you can give up vegetables....but we may have a problem with that...we are vegetarian :p

and chris as we are typing this we are piling on the pounds...oh well maybe start the diet next month :roll:

bt/ub40
3rd February 2004, 07:52 PM
greetings........y'know something..it took me nearly 25 years to finally give up smoking and it was much easier losing weight once i could be bothered to try....so dont worry about the extra snacks,once you've cracked the smoking habit..join a gym with all the extra cash you save.........................and remember
Winners NEVER quit.....so from now on you must think of yourselves as NON-smokers...stay strong BT

amfy
3rd February 2004, 08:03 PM
I started giving up on Jan 11th but allowed myself one at bedtime for the first week. Then I didn't smoke atall for 6 days! Then Villa lost 5-2 to Bolton & I smoked 5!

Then I didn't smoke for 6 days again. Then I went to the home leg of Villa Bolton and smoked 3!

I haven't smoked since then but I think to give up smoking I might have to give up Villa as well - and that can't be done.

Wish me luck in coping with Leeds on Saturday! (have to admit to not having a good feeling about that one!)

Oh - Mike & B4 - Good Luck against The Arse tonite!

amfy
3rd February 2004, 08:05 PM
Oh & BTW - Lovely idea about giving the money you save to Charidee - but I've spent it on a brand new car!!

caja
3rd February 2004, 08:17 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Neonhaze:

and chris as we are typing this we are piling on the pounds...oh well maybe start the diet next month :roll: <hr></blockquote>

i was the same i think boredom cos ya not doing something with ya hands so i just drank water when i fancied a smerk but doesnt ya food taste brill.
welcome to the nee tabs gang lol
love
chris & andi xxxx

graemlins/friends.gif

Helena
4th February 2004, 08:10 AM
A couple of years ago, when i got pregnant i didn't have a single cigarette for 18 months. And then when she was about 6 months old, i went out drinking, had a bit of one of my friends, and then that was it after that. But i'll definitely give up for ever when i have another baby. graemlins/bouncegrey.gif