PDA

View Full Version : Might be heading upto Birmingham, anyone know of some go

bothsidestory
31st January 2004, 02:39 PM
Am going with a group of mates to Sheffield and stopping off in Leamington to drop someone off, if we stay there a night i have suggested we head into birmingham so does anyone know of anywhere that plays some good reggie on a monday night? Being a southerner i have not ventured up north before so will be a bit lost and may even try and make a day of it in brum

Any help appreciated, Rik

bothsidestory
31st January 2004, 02:40 PM
guess its worth going to the bullring to see that carving of the lyrics? gotta be worth a piccy

Helena
31st January 2004, 03:33 PM
Dunno of anywhere that'll be playing Reggae music Rik but it's still worth coming anyway. Good luck with your pic of the lyrics but i must say they don't stand out too well. I must have walked past them millions of times before i actually spotted them. And it wasn't like i haddn't been looking out for them. Anyway, hope you have a nice time graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

bothsidestory
31st January 2004, 03:34 PM
graemlins/beer.gif

sweetsensation
31st January 2004, 04:29 PM
Rik you got to go to DEP too, maybe if you email Margeret you mite get a look inside the house where the most wonderful music is made ;)

bothsidestory
31st January 2004, 04:33 PM
well dont think me mates would be all for it, they dont like reggae, well apart from sean paul but no "he's hip hop" apparantly

BigJay
31st January 2004, 08:04 PM
Not much chance of finding reggae music on a monday night. Rococo on broad street is worth a visit on a monday night and normally fills out. The music is a complete mix and they can play anything, even some UB40. Also only 1.25 a drink all night.

bothsidestory
1st February 2004, 01:20 AM
ok cheers boss, seems we might just club it in leamington (where we are staying) and just go into brum for the day

al.b
1st February 2004, 07:59 PM
hi rick....

Daughter lives in brum and there is a pub around the corner who plays reggae and ub a lot.....its about 10 mins from broad street if you want to know more i will find name of pub and get you directions

take care

al.b

BigJay
1st February 2004, 10:57 PM
Probably the Kerryman in Digbeth, always playing Ub's. Just 2mins walk from DEP.