PDA

View Full Version : Chat & Auction

Quids 4 Kids
31st January 2004, 09:08 AM
The 48 hour chat will be starting friday 11th June.... it usually runs from 6pm on a friday to 6pm on the sunday... so if you are willing and mad enuff to join in the fun, book the monday off work!
:D
please don't be put off by the '48' part of the chat. this is just the maximum number of hours you can do. you can join in for as many or as few hours as you can.If you are sponsored by the hour and manage even 2 or 3 hours then every hour raises more money
:D :D

So how does it all work???
Like this.....
1, You agree in a moment of weakness or maddness to join in the fun.
2, You email us your name and snailmail address so we can send you a sponsor form.
3, you receive your sponsor form and immediatly begin forcing people to part with a bit of cash (you have permission to use 'reasonable force' at this stage).
4, Once you have a fair few sponsors (and a reputation as a bit of a bully & briber) you can sit back and relax and join in the fun by logging into the UB40 chatroom... then join in the chatting with likeminded people who also have a thing for pain and sleep deprivation :D

So come on everyone there is loads of room for you all... the more people that take part in this madness the more money we can raise for the kids! We know a lot of you have already signed up for this, sponsor forms have been posted to you all.... If you would like to be the proud owner of a newly designed sponsored form personalised with your name please email us or leave a message here.

quids4kids@aol.com">quids4kids@aol.com</a>

The charity for this year is 'Purkal Youth Development Society' a small charity in the foothils of the himalayas trying to raise money to educate very needy children in the village.

The auction is going well Brian has donated a gold/platinum disc of your choice, a 1998/99 leather tour jacket and a homegrown puffer jacket...both of these jackets are owned by Brian

If anyone has any items they would like to donate please email the auctioneer at

<a href="mailto:auction04@ntlworld.com

Big Love
Tina & Ness graemlins/love.gif graemlins/friends.gif

[ 01 February 2004: Message edited by: Quids 4 Kids ]</p>

Waltjo
31st January 2004, 01:48 PM
What's a sanil mail please? :roll:

j59
31st January 2004, 02:25 PM
Snail mail is when you post a letter the old fashioned way, in a red postbox - green if you're in Ireland :D
love jx

Helena
31st January 2004, 03:44 PM
are they really green in ireland? graemlins/bounce.gif

sweetsensation
31st January 2004, 04:27 PM
yes they are green in ireland lol are they really red in England? graemlins/bigwink.gif graemlins/laff.gif
and I think in Wales they would just be on fire graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif (joke)

Shel graemlins/love.gif

Waltjo
31st January 2004, 08:00 PM
Them post boxes are really on fire in Wales believe me especially when there is anything connected with UBs are coming through graemlins/beer.gif

Anniemg
1st February 2004, 05:58 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Quids 4 Kids:
[b]
So how does it all work???
Like this.....
1, You agree in a moment of weakness or maddness to join in the fun.
:eek:

Helena
2nd February 2004, 08:38 AM
I got me form. thanks all.

i have one lickle question. Do we get something in writing to say how many hours we done so we have proof we done it when collecting money? graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

Quids 4 Kids
2nd February 2004, 04:21 PM
yes helena...no problem...we can arrange something to say how many hours you have done.

graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bounce.gif

Helena
2nd February 2004, 04:33 PM
thank you graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

Neonhaze
5th February 2004, 05:10 PM
graemlins/love.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/love.gif