PDA

View Full Version : UB40 live in Ireland?

Helmer5
31st January 2004, 08:58 AM
Hi everyone!
I just found a webstore which is selling the cd UB40 live in Ireland, released by Virgin.
Does anyone know something about this appearently official release??? greetings, Staffan graemlins/friends.gif

little by little
31st January 2004, 10:03 AM
Wicked cd ive had it years i think of the top of my head 1982 we need some more buy it and enjoy the early years johnny p graemlins/smokin.gif graemlins/smokin.gif graemlins/smokin.gif

JorisJ
31st January 2004, 10:08 AM
the official "UB40 LIVE" album on Virgin was recorded in Ireland in 1982. Some shops advertise it as "live in Ireland" but its official short name is "LIVE". It has a drawing made by Brian Travers of Frankenstein on the cover.

JorisJ

Rossy
31st January 2004, 10:55 AM
There is a Funny Story behind the Drawings as Back in them days they recived alot of Threats from Anti Black Groups such as The National Frond Etc and One letter was sent to the Band made from old news papers (so they couldnt match hand writing) And the Pictures on the UB40 live album were on this Letter..So what the Band did to Piss them off was to use these Drawings on the New Live Album Cover.
So what do the people Do Complain? if they do they catch you wrote the Letter..Clever eh! and funny LOL.Brian told us this on here a couple of years ago!
Rossy :) :) :)

STING
31st January 2004, 11:17 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rossy:
There is a Funny Story behind the Drawings as Back in them days they recived alot of Threats from Anti Black Groups such as The National Frond Etc and One letter was sent to the Band made from old news papers (so they couldnt match hand writing) And the Pictures on the UB40 live album were on this Letter..So what the Band did to Piss them off was to use these Drawings on the New Live Album Cover.
So what do the people Do Complain? if they do they catch you wrote the Letter..Clever eh! and funny LOL.Brian told us this on here a couple of years ago!
Rossy :) :) :) <hr></blockquote>

what an excellent story Rossy and what a brilliant idea at getting back at em....

:D

sweetsensation
31st January 2004, 04:31 PM
but wish this post meant that they LIVED in Ireland :( graemlins/bigwink.gif graemlins/friends.gif

Michelle graemlins/love.gif

Jamie
1st February 2004, 10:42 AM
I've got that album I was listening to it the other day my favourite track on that one is The Piper Calls The Tune and the effect on Burden Of Shame. :) :) :)