PDA

View Full Version : Remember when you supported the Stranglers?

theraven1979
29th January 2004, 05:25 PM
:)

Well that new song they played "Big Thing Coming" is out next week - Currently 1 & 2 in Amazon`s pre-release charts http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/stores/static/-/music/amazon-preorder-chart-singles/ref%3Dts%5Fch%5F2%5F11/202-7056197-0684629

I know their not everyone`s cup of tea on here but thought some of you might be interested - you gotta admit it makes a refreshing change to the charts if we got The Stranglers back in there. graemlins/beer.gif

THANKS for your time.

Jim

BigJay
29th January 2004, 05:35 PM
Were the Stranglers any good? Not impressed in Dublin so i stayed in the bar when i went to the NEC.

STING
29th January 2004, 10:23 PM
hiya Jim and welcome!
some of the peeps on here already like the stranglers and some really enjoyed them on tour. as for ub supporting the stranglers....mebbe next time eh????

tek care
lorraluvs
sting
xxxxxx :D :D

mctownie
30th January 2004, 12:23 AM
As a Ub40 fan over the years who have seen many bands support them over the years I must admit I was impressed by the Stranglers.
Is Golden Brown an original track by them as I thought it was The Pretenders who did it originally?????????

champane
30th January 2004, 02:08 AM
well all i can say is i know a person who loves the stranglers (i know dont worry person is round the BEND :D

STING
30th January 2004, 09:35 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by metcalfe:
As a Ub40 fan over the years who have seen many bands support them over the years I must admit I was impressed by the Stranglers.
Is Golden Brown an original track by them as I thought it was The Pretenders who did it originally?????????<hr></blockquote>

nope, this is definitely a stranglers track. top notch too!!!

tek care
lorraluvs
sting
xxxxx
:D

Lauraub40
30th January 2004, 10:54 PM
I went to the Glasgow gig but personally I didn't like the Stranglers, sit through 2 tunes, then the bar won it for me, stayed there, and outside (no smokin :confused: ) bummmmerrr!) until UB came on graemlins/beer.gif

31st January 2004, 08:49 AM
Hi Jim

welcome to the UB40 bb

I did see the stranglers and all respect to them

I will not comment too much as they are not my taste in music

but always nice to see live bands.

:)

bt/ub40
31st January 2004, 11:14 AM
Greetings all.................can i just say The Stranglers are a great bunch of guys,we all got on extremely well,i think because we had a mutual respect for each other..theres no doubting their sincerity and profesional attitude to their art ..BUT..what is it with their fans......all UB40 did was give them a SUPPORT slot on OUR SOLD OUT TOUR..you would'nt believe the the kind of stuff we get sent...
"How dare we think the stranglers should support us ? " was one gem.
the response from our home crowd was
" WHY ?"
we thought it would make for a great gig...ITS NOT A COMPETITION.....its all about music...we were asked if they could do the tour as they have got a new album coming out,we said yes ! of course ! it would be great to work with the guys!......so to wind this up,hopefully for ever.... may i appologise on behalf of ub40 to all stranglers fans...sorry we gave your favourites a tour.
but if the opportunity to work with them ever comes up again we will jump at the chance..ok.....now may i suggest you get out a bit more..its a big world out there...BT

paulB40
31st January 2004, 12:13 PM
at last !
maybe now Bri' has told it like it is you will take a large step backwords and think about what some of you are saying.
The stranglers aint my kinda thing but if they were as charitable as the UB's (who would slag em off)?

Now come on Bri' Get a UK date or 2 in that 2004 tour callander... :D graemlins/smokin.gif

graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/friends.gif graemlins/beer.gif

Waltjo
31st January 2004, 01:32 PM
Iwas not impressed withe Stranglers at all, but hey thats life!!!!, I had a female next to me in Manchester who only came to see the Stranglers, she couldn't stand UB and showed it by sitting the whole time, while everyone else were on their feet, What a sad,sad, person. Long live UBs.
I think that Homegrown is fantastic by the way. Any chance of a tour in the UK this year???

The hand that rocks the cradle!
:roll: graemlins/beer.gif

bothsidestory
31st January 2004, 01:43 PM
prob wont buy the album but would go see them again