PDA

View Full Version : New Charity chosen

Quids 4 Kids
24th January 2004, 12:14 PM
The new charity for this years fundraising events is going to be the 'Purkal Youth Development Society'..raising money to educate the very poorest children in Rajpur,northern India in the foothills of the Himalayas.
These kids travel 2 hours each way to get an education, something we all take for granted. If we could raise the same amount as last year, 4300, they could build a school house.
This is a very worthy charity that Brian is involved with himself.
more details to follow...

To take part in this years 48 hour chat please email us or leave your name below :D

graemlins/friends.gif
Big Love
Tina,Ness & Rob
a.k.a
Neonhaze & OGM
quids4kids@aol.com

bt/ub40
24th January 2004, 01:16 PM
Greetings Comardes...............a very worthy cause..the only chance these very poor kids will ever get for an education,therefore a future.
I have visited the area and although the people who live there have nothing they would happily share it with you..i correspond with the people who give their services for free to try and give these kids a fair chance in life..as an example they had a jumble sale to raise enough money to buy one student ( a 9 yr old girl) an oil lamp so she could study at home because they have no electricity..its an incredibly poor part of the world....i really hope this years fundraiser captures our collective imagination and we can raise a few needy pounds to help these very deserving kids get a small start in life....infact i will let go to the highest bidder my own personal copy of a gold/platinum disc of your choice ( any of our records,you choose) lets say with a reserve/start price of 250...i know together we can make a HUGE difference to some lives.
take care and have a great weekend...BT

swanie
24th January 2004, 01:23 PM
okay needed:
1 a babysit for friday night till sunday night then
2 a couple of pizza's
3 people to sponsor me.

Helena
24th January 2004, 01:32 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by swanie:
okay needed:
1 a babysit for friday night till sunday night then
2 a couple of pizza's
3 people to sponsor me.<hr></blockquote>

3) i'll sponsor you if you sponsor me :)
2) tell yer pizza takeaway what yer doin and ya never know, they might let you have one for free
1) can't help with babysitting i'm afraid - a little far to travel

swanie
24th January 2004, 01:40 PM
Ziya's place let me have 1 for free????
I don't think so elite might do that but there pizza's are not as good as Ziya's place.
But I'll sponsor you then anyway.

bothsidestory
24th January 2004, 02:48 PM
good stuff guys, bri u are such a good bloke to give something from your personal collection, cant tell you how much i would love a gold disc on my wall and i hope to do my bit again his year with spending a few quid on the auction as i am sure everyone else will

lets get these kids something eh guys

monie
24th January 2004, 09:27 PM
ofcourse we do that!!! ;)
everything for the kids! graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

Tyler D
28th January 2004, 06:27 PM
lets hope we can get the ubladies calendar 2005 of the ground to raise money for this worthy cause! :D

singerman
28th January 2004, 08:05 PM
bring on the ladies (.)(.)

rick.x

graemlins/beer.gif

[ 28 January 2004: Message edited by: singerman ]</p>