PDA

View Full Version : UBs mentioned in last nights Evening Mail

Helena
24th January 2004, 11:45 AM
Well not really UB40 related but sort of:-

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>

GET YOUR BAND INTO THE LIMELIGHT

Fancy the chance of getting your band on TV and being signed to a record label?

Following the success of last years Midlands Finest events, organisers Dep International - UB40s management - have developed the competition to become Uncovered, a new 10 part series on Carlton TV.

The programmes, scheduled to go out on Friday nights from April, will each feature three local acts playing original material before a live audience and panel of judges from the industry.

Eighteen bands will be chosen to take part in the filming, which takes place between March 22 - 24th at a city centre venue.

To be part of Uncovered you need to send in a CD of three original compositions which you are able to play live at the recording. Any genre of music is welcomed.

You must be available for filming from March 22-24th, and your entry (the CD and a covering letter/biog) must get to the judges panel by Friday February 6th.

Send your entries to Dep International, 1 Andover Street, Digbeth, Birmingham B5 5RG.

<hr></blockquote>

[ 24 January 2004: Message edited by: Helena ]</p>

Taffy aka SuzieQ
24th January 2004, 12:56 PM
Cool cheers Helena graemlins/beer.gif
See you in Feb if its still on mate.
Love n hugs Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx graemlins/friends.gif graemlins/love.gif graemlins/kiss.gif graemlins/friends.gif

trina
24th January 2004, 03:03 PM
well that could be interesting to watch ... so long as they don't add judges and make the ppl cover old songs ... :) graemlins/bouncered.gif

Nicola R
24th January 2004, 08:17 PM
Does it have to be local artists Brian?

My son is in a band 'Falling with Angels' with his mates & in his 1st yr at music college
.......they're just starting out & have a handful of tracks & gigs booked...it would be great if they were able to enter
www.fallingwithangels.tk (http://www.fallingwithangels.tk)

I must say I'm totally impressed with the fresh talent such youngsters can express & each & every one of em should have the chance to'make it'!

nic x

Helena
25th January 2004, 07:56 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Oracabessa & Moonshine:
Does it have to be local artists Brian?

My son is in a band 'Falling with Angels' with his mates & in his 1st yr at music college
.......they're just starting out & have a handful of tracks & gigs booked...it would be great if they were able to enter
www.fallingwithangels.tk (http://www.fallingwithangels.tk)

I must say I'm totally impressed with the fresh talent such youngsters can express & each & every one of em should have the chance to'make it'!

nic x<hr></blockquote>

It cartainly didn't say it had to be local artists although it was in a birmingham paper. Don't think it's really anything to do with brian so why din't you try giving dep a call. Ya never know

graemlins/bouncegrey.gif