PDA

View Full Version : 211 Unheard bob Marley Records found

reasons
22nd January 2004, 06:02 PM
A cache of 211 rare Bob Marley songs the reggae superstar recorded before he found global fame has been found and sold to record label Universal.

The tracks, said to be recorded between 1967-72, were sold by reggae record label JAD.

They are influenced by the US civil rights movement and the catalogue features six previously unreleased tracks.

A spokesperson for Universal Records explained that there are more vaults being investigated and the possibility of more music turning up.

The deal struck by Universal entitles the record label to any other Bob Marley music discovered by JAD Records.

Much of the music purchased by Universal has never been officially released, featuring only on unofficial albums, with no royalties going to the artists or their families.

Bob Marley's children, the estate of late Wailer, Peter Tosh and surviving member, Bonnie Wailer will now receive royalties from Universal Records.
graemlins/smokin.gif graemlins/bounceblack.gif

solitairee
22nd January 2004, 06:18 PM
WOULD u know ,,, how many kids bob had? cos there seems to be loads coming outta the wood work..
;)

Lambsbread
22nd January 2004, 07:11 PM
Hopefully some of these tunes will be available soon, actually JAD released three box sets covering the 1967-1972 period a few years back which are absolutely fantastic especially the first two graemlins/smokin.gif

bobby
22nd January 2004, 08:09 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by solitairee:
[b]WOULD u know ,,, how many kids bob had? cos there seems to be loads coming outta the wood work..
:D

Rossy
23rd January 2004, 01:37 AM
I Have an old BOB marley gig from Madison Sqaure gardens 1979
not sure about its history as i know nowt about BOB
Rossy :) :) :)

jahnus
23rd January 2004, 09:43 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lambsbread:
[b]Hopefully some of these tunes will be available soon, actually JAD released three box sets covering the 1967-1972 period a few years back which are absolutely fantastic especially the first two :( )

many people do trade bob marley music that is very rare.......... sometime some one then share :roll:

greetings jahnus graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif graemlins/bounce.gif

solitairee
23rd January 2004, 09:50 AM
the answer to that is 25 (possibly more). i had the pleasure of meeting two of his sons rohan and ste marley outside the bob marley museum in kington jamaica last september. :D [/QB][/QUOTE]

WOW ,, busy guy, its a wonder he had time.lol...
I seen a program on tv a while back about his money and where its gone,, as he wanted it to go to all his kids, but the mother of the kids were fighting over it, i think thats sad as he was such a loved guy, he wouldn't have wanted it that way!!
graemlins/bouncepurple.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif

heru
23rd January 2004, 10:32 AM
Wow! I'd love to hear those....I've grown to love his early period with Peter and Bunny more and more. :D