PDA

View Full Version : Platinum Collection remastering

JorisJ
15th June 2003, 10:03 PM
Found that GOOD AMBITION is 20 seconds longer to the original 1998 mastering. It has a longer instrumental break in the middle. Also SOMEONE LIKE YOU has a 12 second longer dub :) Some other tracks just 3 to 5 seconds longer but that's in the fading. Also the general volume of all songs is much different to the original. Anyone else notice these or other differences? I am now off to check Labour Of Love I & II!

JorisJ

bruno
15th June 2003, 10:22 PM
Hi joris!!!

thanks for your news :D i wait for buy boxset in paris...maybe next week !
i hope you and your wife are fine !
big graemlins/love.gif
tc
bruno

frost
15th June 2003, 10:23 PM
You have done your homework joris :D

greetzz frost :D

DON/U40
15th June 2003, 10:30 PM
well hello Joris.........i have not checked out
the new compilatian........but the numbers
sounds better than the old one. how better
its these sound .......better or the same Big Love
Don
:) ;) :roll: graemlins/bounceyellow.gif graemlins/beer.gif

JorisJ
15th June 2003, 10:52 PM
oh, the album will soon be available in Australia too :) So for the fans downunder checkout:

http://www.hmv.com.au/v4/product/rockpop.asp?sku=885181

and

http://www.emimusic.com.au/artist_releases.asp?productid=5187&artistid=173

JorisJ

[ 15 June 2003: Message edited by: JorisJ ]</p>

Murf
16th June 2003, 04:53 AM
Thanks Joris. Interesting tho, I went into HMV 2 weeks ago and they said they had no listing for the box set at all and it would be at least 4-5 months away :mad:
Never bother askin a music shop anything again.

Murf

wallie26
16th June 2003, 05:24 PM
hi joris
is the box in the netherlands for sale than?

i cant find him
:mad:

Rossy
16th June 2003, 05:29 PM
Hi Joris i havent noticed any Quality improvments.But i didnt notice the Extra seconds on the Tracks you mentioned.will need to wash out my ears and have another listen.
Rossy :) :) :)

milie
16th June 2003, 07:58 PM
on its my delight the instrumental infill is missing the keyboards in the remastered version!!!

graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif

Bembo
16th June 2003, 08:49 PM
it all sounds the same,i no it does especially after a few beers,nuff vibes to ub its no 7 in the top 10 album charts,even though lol 1 2 3 sold truck loads,but virgin records still dont do enuff 4 the boys............
ub till i die..xx :mad: :mad: :mad:

frost
16th June 2003, 09:00 PM
HI Wallie,
The release date is 16-06-2003 so it must be in the stores tommorow in holland :)

greetzzz frost :D

Abacab
1st March 2006, 11:11 PM
Sorry to drag up an old thread but I'm new here. Just picked up the Platinum Collection the hopes of getting a remastered version of Labour Of Love I. There seems to be some confusing remarks on here as to whether or not it is remastered even though on Amazon it is advertised as such. Was there a consensus reached on the matter? The tracks definitely sound "louder" (though that doesn't mean better) compared to the '97 release of LOL 1 but I don't own the '97 disc (only going off iTunes). The mastering on the 1980-2000 Best of is noticeably louder (again not always a good thing) than the platinum collection and the platinum collection was released three years later. What gives? Arghhhh so much confusion. :aagh:

After Tonight
2nd March 2006, 09:07 AM
Hi Joris i havent noticed any Quality improvments.But i didnt notice the Extra seconds on the Tracks you mentioned.will need to wash out my ears and have another listen.

U back then Rossy?????
Somehow?????

After Tonight
2nd March 2006, 09:28 AM

U back then Rossy?????
Somehow?????

DOH...take tha back...I just looked at the date!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:oops:

Mick_f
2nd March 2006, 09:48 AM

U back then Rossy?????
Somehow?????

DOH...take tha back...I just looked at the date!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:oops:Ihad to look twice lol :laff:

Luis
2nd March 2006, 07:49 PM
Is it the compilation avalaible in Amazon? :rolleyes:
other???

Abacab
2nd March 2006, 08:08 PM
Yes, the platinum collection that is available on Amazon.

Total_Sweet_Babe
3rd March 2006, 02:24 AM
Digging up old posts,eh... :haha:

Abacab
3rd March 2006, 02:59 AM
Without any answers :|