PDA

View Full Version : BT.....

caja
8th June 2003, 11:33 AM
hi hope ya ok just seen ya posting ,any news on tour name and new cd ????
take care bri see ya in the toon
love
chris & andi xx

bt/ub40
8th June 2003, 11:44 AM
greetings caja....first of all,commiserations is sent to the Toon from ub40 on failing to get the european capital of culture bid...we are f*******
devastated in Birmingham to be honest.......anyway i do believe and this is a scoop...you sir caja are the first person to hear this....as i was saying i do belive the album will be called 'Homegrown' now it could change....as these things have a tendancy to do but for now thats the working title.........'Homegrown' what do you all think ?
let us know........bt

bobby
8th June 2003, 11:46 AM
very fitting title brian, strong and basically to the point.

nice one guys :)

jacqueliene.
8th June 2003, 11:48 AM
Think that is a great title and hope it stay's that way :D

HOMEGROWN

graemlins/love.gif jacqueliene

solitairee
8th June 2003, 11:50 AM
YEP ! i gota agree there, very good title, who come up with that idea I wonder?? graemlins/bouncepurple.gif graemlins/friends.gif

Rachel~B
8th June 2003, 11:52 AM
:D

big graemlins/love.gif Rachelxxx

Anniemg
8th June 2003, 12:22 PM
Morning all

Yep...have to agree with everyone, LOVE IT :D

Annie

Carlene Lydia
8th June 2003, 12:27 PM
Hey BT, I think we're just about in agreement that Homegrown sounds like a fantastic title for the new album........
I luv it!!!!!!!

:)

graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

Rossy
8th June 2003, 12:34 PM
I personaly think its a Bad idea we all know you like a Puff of the old Ganja but not every one is the same!.Also i wouldnt like to explain to my kids what Homegrown is as i am bringing them up to say no to drugs (ok Blow is not really drugs)But you know what i mean.Its like saying i dont like drugs and blow but its ok to Support its Cause! Id Rather not be a Hypocrite.I Think UB40 would win more votes Discuraging Kids not to smoke the weed!UB40 has a Responsible role to play if your records hit the charts.All kids want to be nowa days is a Footballer or pop star and they listen to the charts all the time. Its ok if your an Ali-G fan But not for me and my Kids!
Rossy :) :) :p

j59
8th June 2003, 12:36 PM
:D Brian , we were discussing the title Homegrown
on here about a week ago.It was proving very popular choice.Well I'm not a Brummie gal but
I'm a British subject and I'm proud of it though
i carry the burden of shame........ :D
love j x

swanie
8th June 2003, 12:43 PM
I think it's a great title.
Rossy,the name homegrown I can make 2 things out of it(weed and I don't know exactly in english but something that they are raised where they were and proud of it)
I know it is not good english but I really don't know exactly how to put it,I know in dutch how to say it.
Dianne

Jessica
8th June 2003, 01:05 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Homegrown

graemlins/kiss.gif Jessica

caja
8th June 2003, 02:33 PM
yep bri toon was gutted at loosing it but we still gonna enjoy the festival and entertainment in the summer. winter also when ya play toon!!
HOMEGROWN great title any 1 complaining about it , could say same about cover up and guns in the ghetto so ya cant win . HOMEGROWN and "proud" says more then drugs in my book good luck with the release and see ya in toon !
all the best
chris & andi xx :D

Shabba67
8th June 2003, 02:46 PM
I Like the title - like Diane says you can look at it 2 ways, I think it has many dimensions - am all for it.

Cheers
Shabba
xxxxxxx

A.K.A. Dubmobile
8th June 2003, 03:00 PM
Hello peeps!
Well i must say that i like the title,but i do understand what Rossy says.
But the other site of the story is,i've seen Ali in a intervieuw in Holland,and 1 thing i know about him for sure is;NO ARGUMENT ABOUT THE GRASS!
It's THE thing to love and enjoy,so don't walk on it:but smoke it.
So if the title is about that,i support Rossy.
If it's not......i love it!!

TC........Henny graemlins/smokin.gif

Mike.
8th June 2003, 03:07 PM
It's a GREAT title! :)

Homegrown...for me, that translates into the band. They were born and bred in Birmingham, have never strayed from their roots...and they keep it simple. They are Homegrown. WICKED TITLE!!!!!

Mike! :D

bothsidestory
8th June 2003, 03:39 PM
i like it personally, Rossy, if your kids ask, you don;t need to mention any drugs cos Home Grown kind of means, they done it themselves...making the album that is, so I think yea, go for it Ub's!

Rossy
8th June 2003, 04:27 PM
Yep i see what you mean it can have 2 meanings.assuming UB40 have always sung about The weed,Ganja thats why i thought this as i cant remember UB40 singing about Birmingham.Mi Splif,Legalise it,Buzz feeling,ect!
Rossy :) :) :)

Helena
8th June 2003, 08:05 PM
well i like it graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

Nods
8th June 2003, 09:13 PM
Honestly,I never think about the title of an album(any artist) until I`ve listened to it.
Homegrown....Catchy enough though,good sound bite,easy to remember and obviously a conversation starter.

Roll on release day

bg/jill
8th June 2003, 09:30 PM
`Homegrown` wicked..wicked..wicked....hope it stays that way!!..it`s a great title...I think people wont associate it with ganga...my kids have been listening to UB40 for 25 years and never came out any the worse for it! just singing legalize it coz they loved it...!!! well done guys!!

jilly :D

wildcat
8th June 2003, 10:13 PM
when i first heard Ali say this title, on the Radio2 interview, taken from the Ivor Novello awards... i thought "yes, that it", perfect. And before i read all the above comments i also thought that if they were ever interviewed and asked why they chose this title, they could always say all the songs were written by the band, in their home town of Brum (assuming there are no covers!) - all the songs are HOME GROWN! or something along those lines.... But I know for one that Ali would just tell it like it is and say it's cos they like to use the weed!

This title deffo has my vote

wildcat graemlins/smokin.gif

Hazz 913
8th June 2003, 10:24 PM
Not what i expected, thought cover up was a good title..........................

LadyLynne
8th June 2003, 10:30 PM
Has my vote :)

I was thinking along your lines wildcat

big HOMEGROWN love

lynne xxxxx

Nicola R
8th June 2003, 10:35 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr> .........'Homegrown' what do you all think ?
let us know........bt <hr></blockquote>
As ambiguous & apt as always Brian......
As Classic & catchy as ever.....didn't expect any less!
Like it a LOT ! :D
graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bounce.gif
'Homegrown' says so much to me.......

~ On own turf(mi-land)
~ close to ya grass roots
~ Well cultivated with TLC
~ Natural not artificial
~ Environmentally friendly
~ Fresh & full of good stuff
~ A personal touch

graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bounce.gif

[ 08 June 2003: Message edited by: Oracabessa & Moonshine ]</p>

Edwin
8th June 2003, 10:46 PM
Very good title, can't wait when it comes out

lady M
8th June 2003, 11:03 PM
think its a good title brian ,it has mine and anots vote anyway graemlins/bigwink.gif
big love graemlins/love.gif graemlins/love.gif

trina
8th June 2003, 11:08 PM
Its a great title .. and to me just brings to mind UB40's Passion about Brum rather than the Weed!! :)

And Michelle ... Tell ANOT To vote himself!! :) graemlins/friends.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif

johnny 2 bad
8th June 2003, 11:30 PM
Homegrown is a nice idea for the title of the new album,but if this name conjures up mixed feelings,what about a title called... homeculture? :) Cheers..J2b/yoyo..xx graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif

Renia
9th June 2003, 12:17 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by bt/ub40:
.........'Homegrown' what do you all think ?
let us know........bt<hr></blockquote>

I like it...
you got my vote!!! :) :) :)

Big Love! graemlins/love.gif

Renia

wend
9th June 2003, 12:26 AM
I like the title,homegrown,it's catchy,easy to remember and just hope it gets the same promotion as labour of love 1'2 and 3 platinum collection. graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncepurple.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif

Rossy
9th June 2003, 04:23 AM
F*** me i wished i had never opened my mouth now :( :( :(

[ 10 June 2003: Message edited by: Margaret/Dep ]</p>

Tandycat
9th June 2003, 08:01 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Oracabessa & Moonshine:

'Homegrown' says so much to me.......

~ On own turf(mi-land)
~ close to ya grass roots
~ Well cultivated with TLC
~ Natural not artificial
~ Environmentally friendly
~ Fresh & full of good stuff
~ A personal touch

<hr></blockquote>

Nicely put, Nicola. :) HOMEGROWN...hmmmmm..... "Homegrown" definitely conjures up ganja, and no doubt that's a big part of why they chose it, lol. ;) Other bands (like XTC, Blue Mountain and Zion Train)have used this same album title, and they all used it in a different spin.
UB40 is big on playing with double-intendre and this one suits them to a tee on so many levels, really.
Rossy, don't regret speaking your mind - you're among friends and you have a valid point, hun! But thank goodness little kids won't catch the double meaning unless somebody points it out and explains it to 'em (and I ain't gonna - Are you?) ;) graemlins/friends.gif

xxxxxxxx

Kimmy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

frost
9th June 2003, 08:07 AM
How more i say >>HOMEGROWN<< the more i LIKE IT :D :D

And Rossy no problems mate i understand your question thats what the board is for don`t blame yourself :D

jumbo
9th June 2003, 09:57 PM
I like home grown
I also like the name of the album as well :D

www.jumboard.co.uk (http://www.jumboard.co.uk)

*Cookie*
9th June 2003, 10:55 PM
i cant believe people automatically relate the home grown to smoking dope,
told the title to my otherhalf (not a fan) and he said great title says to him they are getting back to their roots, which is what it says to me, at no point did we relate it to drugs, and no im not anti drugs each to their own is our motto, if i was to have to explain the title home grown to my children i would say it means THIS IS WHERE IM FROM AND PROUD OF IT