PDA

View Full Version : Everyone!!!

Pappa
20th February 2001, 12:07 AM
As always, just my opinion . . . I believe you received the reaction/reception you did for two reasons.

First of all, you were prejudged on the basis of your name. Someone with a name resembling yours has previously caused some trouble on a number of boards. Wanting to remain polite and for lack of a better word, your *style* of posting closely resembles this other person's style.

Secondly, it is very easy to pull up all posts by a user's name. You say you speak as you do because you are Scottish and that is your way . . . quite frankly, some of your posts on other boards are less than polite. Perhaps that's just the way it comes out and people are misreading you. I don't know.

What I do know is that you have asked about UB40. UB40 is a reggae band. And that's a very simplistic answer because they are so much more. What I would suggest is that you take a look at all the information about them on the pages of their official website. The address is listed below for you. After you read about this band that was formed over 20 years ago, you will have a better idea of who and what they are-- and the posts on this board will begin to make a lot more sense to you.

http://ub40.m3w.com/index.html

I hope this helps you to find the information you are looking for.

dez
20th February 2001, 12:57 AM
kristie
....the peeps in here are the best peeple you will ever meet in the world...but someone using a name similar to yours really annoyed us all.....and like everyone else...i was/am sceptical when i see your name....maybe its not fair, but we have/had our reasons.

one thing worries me though....in your post u say you have done nothing wrong "yet"???...hopefully the doubters (including me) will all be proved wrong...and hopefully u get to know ub40, like their music....and get to know the better side of us.

anyway...come and visit the site www.ub40-dep.com (http://www.ub40-dep.com) and have a listen yourself...all the info about ub40 is there.......hopefully you are not MM, but if you are....im hoping our "watchdog" adam will be back soon to sort things out !

[This message has been edited by dez (edited 20 February 2001).]

Derek
20th February 2001, 01:29 AM
LISTEN NONE OF US ARE PERFECT,BUT YOU MUST ADMIT LOOKING FROM OUR POINT OF VEIW IT IS STRANGE THAT YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHO UB40 ARE.FIRSTLY THEY ARE THE BIGGEST REGGAE BAND,PERIOD.
YOU MUST BE A VERY YOUNG PERSON WHO MAYBE WAS NOT BROUGHT UP WITH THIS TYPE OF MUSIC.
ANYWAY IF YOU ARE FOR REAL YOU WILL ENJOY THIS SITE AND YOU REALLY HAVE GOT TO LISTEN TO SOME OF THEIR WICKED TUNES.

RESPECT

limey
20th February 2001, 03:42 AM
I agree with what dez & pappa say.We feel a little put off cos of the name but in all fairness youre giving her the web site addy which she must have had in the first place to even get to the bb!!!!Don,t want to upset anyone but this topic as been discussed so many times & I suggest that you read all the posts from this person.

Pappa
20th February 2001, 06:11 AM
"but in all fairness youre giving her the web site addy which she must have had in the first place to even get to the bb!!!!"

That's not correct, Limey. If you are in one BB, you can select a different artist and click on "go". That only brings you to that artist's BB . . . it doesn't give you access to the actual website.

gdawg
20th February 2001, 07:58 AM
Kristie,

I am sorry for telling you to leave the board. I just thought you were mm. Please forgive me. I hope you enjoy learning about UB40.

come back soon. http://www.demo3w.com/ubb/square.gif