PDA

View Full Version : Ali voice

Derek
17th February 2001, 12:45 AM
how do you think ali would sound on many rivers to cross.you see when ali and brian were being interviewed i think it was mtv b/t said ali put a lot into that tune,his voice has definately changed in recent years,i want to hear it live please ali,also what about my way of thinking,dream a lie please lets hear these brilliant tunes sung live come on b/t push the boys to sing the old great tunes from my youth

Derek
17th February 2001, 01:02 AM
good list cindy lets hope
big love to all ub fans

anto
17th February 2001, 02:42 AM
they done a few a few years back
bootlegs i think?????
:boncered:

robert
17th February 2001, 04:42 PM
I absolutely love the songs Silent Witness and Don't Do The Crime. The lyrics are typically awesome UB40 but it's Ali's voice that stands out. I would love to see Ali perform them live though like Derek I'm not sure he could sing them that way anymore. A gig where we as fans get to vote on which tracks the UB's play would be awesome....in fact I've done a survey in my fanzine....one song from each album....the current set list would be....
1 I think it's going to rain
2 Present Arms
3 Love Is All
4 Many Rivers To Cross
5 I'm Not Fooled
6 Don't Break My Heart
7 You Could Meet Somebody
8 I Would Do For You
9 Kingston Town
10 Bring Me Your Cup
11 Guns In The Ghetto
12 Come Back Darling
Most people's favourite intro seems to be Nkomo A GoGo and encore would be Legalise It. Sounds brilliant to me, anyone agree ????

trina
17th February 2001, 05:48 PM
I Agree totally Robert,

but i would have to add in "where did i go wrong" as well.

any 1 else wanna add to it.........

stevie
17th February 2001, 06:06 PM
It would be great to hear some of the old tunes live again but they have to play new stuff to promote a current album and also the more popular songs to please the fans.

robert
18th February 2001, 04:50 PM
trina, i personally would choose where did i go wrong from the ub40 album as it's one of my fave ub tracks.

biglove steve
18th February 2001, 05:39 PM
Yep Rob i have to agree,, Blinding list of tunes..
love them to play roots & culture again with Mikey Dread..
and finishing off with mega long version of Leagalise it.. can almost
picture it now,,,Biglove..

Derek
19th February 2001, 01:09 PM
GREAT LIST ROBERT,BUT WHY DO THINK ALI'S VOICE HAS CHANGED HAS HE DONE IT ON PURPOSE MAYBE B/T OR ALI COULD REPLY,ANYWAY THIS IS MY LIVE LIST.Food For Thought,Dream A Lie,Earth Dies Screaming,Dont Do The Crime,I Wont Close My Eyes,Madam Madusa,Think Its Going To Rain,My Way Of Thinking,Version Girl,Sweet Sensation,Your Always Pulling Me Down,Guns In The Ghetto. How about them doing a live album